Rumored Concert Date Thread

So Live Nation promoted if it is the Olympic Stadium as they have exclusive rights to gigs there.  

Latest date I suspect would be first weekend of July, there is an event on the 9th July then Athletics from Mid July til the end of August with the Para and World Championships.  Robbie Williams booked the 24th too, so that's out.  I can't see them putting it up against Download Festival (their own rock event) so that's out imo.

They could of course do a midweek date but think they'll be looking at 2 nights in London & they'll need a weekend for that, so leaves 17th June or 1st July weekends ?  Unless they do May, which isn't impossible as both West Ham (who use this ground) and Manchester City (who use the Etihad in Manchester) finish their home seasons mid May but don't think I've ever seen a Stadium gig before the last weekend of May before (Muse I think did that at the Emirates ) so wouldn't have though May was hugely likely but last weekend could work I guess

Nice to see no seats anywhere near the pitch too, I know that never really happens in Europe but seeing it in Aus who usually use standing at rock gigs did have me worried but at least common sense has prevailed

1 hour ago, Subtle Signs said:

@Powerage5,I take back my offer of eating my hat! Maybe this show could be at the Key Bank Center in Buffalo. I need a true GNR-insider (TM) to help us out!

No takesies-backsies! :tongue2:

I'd fucking love to be at the London gig if it's at Olympic Stadium since I'm a West Ham fan (Though, if we keep playing the way we are, maybe we won't be at Olympic Stadium for long...)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

@Powerage5,I take back my offer of eating my hat! Maybe this show could be at the Key Bank Center in Buffalo. I need a true GNR-insider (TM) to help us out!

Surely the smaller markets will be indoors, especially being second time around.  

What's the Slane source?  One of the worst venues ever, inconvenient, poor facilities, crap sound.  I'm still hoping we might get a couple of indoor gigs in the smaller EU countries, possibly mid week to fill some days up, that would be epic.

• Like 1

Just now, Slimemonkey said:

I just seen it on twitter to be fair, not seen a single mention of it elsewhere and work told me on Friday no Ireland dates are confirmed yet, but been on leave a few days

Okay cheers, keep me posted! :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Slimemonkey said:

I just seen it on twitter to be fair, not seen a single mention of it elsewhere and work told me on Friday no Ireland dates are confirmed yet, but been on leave a few days

What?! Which Twitter account?! Checked the GNR one, nothing there...

18 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Who is that guy?  Seems like a regular joe just blow-harding, nothing official and no sources cited in his "confirmation".  Doesn't mean he's wrong, but why is his word gospel?

That was my reaction - who is this guy? Looks dodgy.

• Like 1

FWIW: there's been faint rumors that they will play a newish festival park in Hämeenlinna, Finland, about an hour north of Helsinki. AC/DC played there last year for about 60k people. Strangely the hotels in the town are fully or nearly booked from June 30th to July 2nd. This is a small non-touristy town so the demand for hotels is usually quite low.  Obviously the band will not stay there, but touring and local crew will need a lot of rooms the night before and after the show.