07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

2 minutes ago, MarceloRafael__ said:

KOHD takes more than 10 min. of the show. They could play 2 AFD songs at that time.

My opinion.

It's a classic. Axl rests his voice a little, the crowd loves the singalong. I agree they should cut it down to about 6-7 minutes, but honestly KOHD will be better received by less-hardcore fans than 2 of the unplayed AFD songs. 

4 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

theyll play slither in toronto as a tribute to scott. Toronto was the last place he performed. No other reason for them to add slither to the setlist other than as a tribute to scott, and toronto is the only place i guess where it would make sense for it to be played

Scott has no ties to Toronto nor does Toronto have any ties to Scott. If anything Cleveland and LA will get a tribute to Scott. His birthplace and hometown. Maybe NJ/NY since the Deleos are from here and we tend to love STP.

Oh and since does playing Slither automatically mean they are paying a tribute to Scott? Slash has been playing Slither for years. 

Slash already dedicated Fall to Pieces to Scott right after he passed

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

My beef is that Opie  the Production  Manager (?) said at the Detroit press conference that the band have rehearsed every song they knew and he never knew what the set will be (or something to that effect) Now I don't expect them to load the set with Dead Horse,Breakdown etc but to play the same set in the same stadium twice in a row is lame. I had a blast at both Vegas shows and in Detroit and I'm sure I will in Toronto and I get the set isn't being played for GNR-NERDS (TM) like us but you'd think the band would mix it up and see what goes over well and doesn't. Oh well, get it Axl. They are making 3 million plus lord knows how much cheese off of selling $5 shirts for  $45. I just can't see this demand in the States next year without new music or Adler/Sorum/Izzy.

It comes down to them wanting to do something different or not.  I think they've found their comfort zone with the set-list.....which isn't necessarily a bad thing but isn't a great thing either.  A far cry from being "The most dangerous band in the world".  It's still really early in the tour and they're taking the "safe route" it seems.

10 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

theyll play slither in toronto as a tribute to scott. Toronto was the last place he performed. No other reason for them to add slither to the setlist other than as a tribute to scott, and toronto is the only place i guess where it would make sense for it to be played

Scott has no ties to Toronto nor does Toronto have any ties to Scott. If anything Cleveland and LA will get a tribute to Scott. His birthplace and hometown. Maybe NJ/NY since the Deleos are from here and we tend to love STP.

Oh and since does playing Slither automatically mean they are paying a tribute to Scott? Slash has been playing Slither for years. 

Slash already dedicated Fall to Pieces to Scott right after he passed

Probably the best show on the tour yet.  Would be nice if they tweaked KOHD.  Not playing Patience is a sin and has to be a letdown for at least half the people in the stadium.  Seeker needs to go.  Other than that, they are kicking major ass.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well if you could read ok you probably wouldn't struggle to ask. We have the same exact set  velvet revolver e this is guns n roses. It's axls band so, Chinese democracy songs are ok but anything else apparently isn't. 

We on the same page or...?

I can read quite well, which is why I spot nonsense quite well.  Gee yeah it is the same set list, so might as well sit back and enjoy the great collection of tunes they play live. Most arena acts nowadays do the same setlists we cant go in with unreal expectations and be dissapointed when the band doesnt live up to it.  Complaining nonstop just is more annoying than the setlists being stagnant

Edited by WhazUp

12 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Plenty of bands play an identical setlist night after night, even when they do back-to-back shows in the same city. It's not insulting at all. When you start throwing in different songs, you have more room for error, and when you're playing to 30,000+ people every night, you want to put your best foot forward. I think that could be a part of why they've apparently decided to stop rotating songs.

i'm on tour right now (albeit, a MUCH smaller band, haha) and we are playing the same setlist every night.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pedrolg said:

Is it my ears or did Axl just blow through at least 80% of the show with full blown rasp?

Don't Cry outro, Paradise City, Better. TIL sounded like 2010 again, CW too.

Just hope he keeps that until Nashville next Saturday lol

2 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

It's a classic. Axl rests his voice a little, the crowd loves the singalong. I agree they should cut it down to about 6-7 minutes, but honestly KOHD will be better received by less-hardcore fans than 2 of the unplayed AFD songs. 

I understand what you say. But so I talked about "my opinion". I'd rather hear something like My Michelle 3:40/Think About You 3:50 than 10/8min. of KOHD.

Just now, ChineseIRS said:

Easy solution for people bitching about the setlist...don't watch the periscopes every show. Its that simple. The show is for the people in attendance, not the few hundred glued to their computer screen. U don't like it, don't watch. Problem solved. 

Very true. I was thinking this for myself, but then I said fuck it, I love this shit so I will listen and won't bitch. I just hope for a perfect show to compare it to when I go lol

34 minutes ago, foxmulder said:

They havent pulled out any songs from the "alternates" so far. If we are all talking about slither and it being played on the setlist ever, the best bet would be toronto. Out of the million covers that they rehearsed, why slither then? Couldnt they have gone for some black sabbath or anything else?

But Slash & Duff were in Velvet Revolver not Black Sabbath or The Who for that matter

Edited by Top-Hatted One

12 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It's starting to get obvious thats what this whole thing is about. They don't change the set list, no one talks about GNR, we don't know much about this and it could all be clarified with some communication but these guys having fun on stage, that apparently like each other again, can't answer some questions and at least tell us it ain't about money.

This isn't whining about slither but.. I'm just beyond confused. Same set list, same order. No official interviews. No official photos. No official quotes. No indication as to what the future is. Confusion over how we got to the lineup we have now. Extreme confusion over how things stand with former members of this "band". Why are we getting Chinese songs or anything with a GNR stamp on it over anything else ANYONE in the band has done. 

I mean I get the thrill of a surprise but.. What the hell. Some things they can explain themselves on. Slash and Duff may have agreed to help book gigs and how much they're going to each get paid but that's not a great look for them, going for a cheap cash grab like that. #justsaying 

5 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

Easy solution for people bitching about the setlist...don't watch the periscopes every show. Its that simple. The show is for the people in attendance, not the few hundred glued to their computer screen. U don't like it, don't watch. Problem solved. 

This is a good point, however, what about the people that went to both shows?   And, the bigger issue is that nowadays every one knows their shows are streamed, so they typically do change setlists up a bit.  Maybe it would be more productive to not bitch about the people who are bitching about things because you know....this is a message forum and there will probably be negative comments made, some that are actually legitimate whether you agree with them or not.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChineseIRS said:

The luxuries of the internet has given people these crazy expectations that can never be lived up to. Like, no GNR not gonna add a fucking song from Libertad lol and no GNR is not gonna do major setlist changes because they operate like a normal arena rock band with visuals and everything.  Back in the day before periscope we didnt have the ability to listen to every show live, only the people who were there could

Someone has to bring a sign withe the text "please play ****** (insert one of the alternatives on the setlist we have seen)". I think they might agree to play it! I'm most curious of Slither. Perfect crime and Think about you would be lovely.

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I can read quite well, which is why I spot nonsense quite well.  Gee yeah it is the same set list, so might as well sit back and enjoy the great collection of tunes they play live. Most arena acts nowadays do the same setlists we cant go in with unreal expectations and be dissapointed when the band doesnt live up to it.  Complaining nonstop just is more annoying than the setlists being stagnant

Well I typically don't complain much but this cash grab of a threeunion makes it easy. I'm so proud of you for making that point right after a mod made it, good for you. Guess I'm out of answers :awesomeface:

Watching the same perescopes gets boring but.. Idk the fact is they could at least do an on camera interview together and just explain to the best they can as to what's going on. Otherwise the fact remains, it's axls band and always will be. Slash and duff replaced Dj ashba, bumblefoot, and Tommy Stinson. Melissa Reese has replaced Chris pitman. And we continue..

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

The luxuries of the internet has given people these crazy expectations that can never be lived up to. Like, no GNR not gonna add a fucking song from Libertad lol and no GNR is not gonna do major setlist changes because they operate like a normal arena rock band with visuals and everything.  Back in the day before periscope we didnt have the ability to listen to every show live, only the people who were there could

Slither is a alt on the setlist.