07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

That wasn't what you said originally.....and of course they being GnR are concerned about who pays to go see them and the paying customers are really the only ones who matter.  But, other bands do it, so GnR could too.  If they don't you have to expect some complaints, so why be all butt hurt about it?  

Do the complainers go overboard?  No doubt :)

I actually got into with a setlist complainer in chat tonight, so I get what you're saying too.  Just saying, there's always going to be complaints and sometimes they are actually legitimate despite what you or I may think.  

I get there will always be complaints, I'm fine with that. But the bitching about the set list in every show thread because they choose to watch periscope every show is not one I find legitimate or can get on board with. No ones holding a gun to their head. Don't like it, tune out. From all accounts everyone in attendance is going home happy, hell I'm one of them (seen 2 shows thus far, and looking to go to at least 2 more.)

Now if u wanna complain about there not being interviews, lackluster press, the tempos ruining some songs, Axls non raspy voice when he can clearly rasp it, etc...those are all pretty legitimate in my book.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Lol, it seems I didn't express myself correctly in English again. I'm not saying that they are not changing the setlist because of the technology or because they want to make the teleprompter guy's life easier. My point is that GnR used to be flexible and laidback about the setlist, but it's not the same band now, they are fully professionals and have a stable and tight setlist like most other bands. That's all.

I think that has to do with a few different things.  This is the first time Slash and Duff have been in GNR full time since the 90's, it is very very probable and possible that they would rather nail a specific setlist rather than try and memorize 40 songs to pull out during any given show.  It makes for a more tight and consistent delivery of a rock show, especially when you take into account the visuals and light shows that are all pre planned.  Especially when you still are finding your flow and chemistry with a new rhythm guitarist and drummer

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I think that has to do with a few different things.  This is the first time Slash and Duff have been in GNR full time since the 90's, it is very very probable and possible that they would rather nail a specific setlist rather than try and memorize 40 songs to pull out during any given show.  It makes for a more tight and consistent delivery of a rock show, especially when you take into account the visuals and light shows that are all pre planned.  Especially when you still are finding your flow and chemistry with a new rhythm guitarist and drummer

Finally someone with senses :D

1 minute ago, cheesecake said:

Three things remain constant as far as bitching goes: 

1) Same setlist

2) WTF with seats in the US shows

3) Why can't he sing with rasp all the way like he did in AXL/DC

Even if those 3 were to change, people will still try to find other issues to moan about.

:lol::lol:

I think my new mantra is "The complains about GNR are more predictable than this tour's setlists"

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

This is a good point and I agree. I'm not really complaining, and I don't expect them to dig the whole catalogue. They have rehearsed 5-6 more songs though (but maybe not yet with Axl).

Edited by Blackstar

6 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

1) Same setlist

Even if those 3 were to change, people will still try to find other issues to moan about.

Once they please all of those, we will get:

1) Why doesn't he have the corn rows anymore?
2) Would it kills to have more CD in the set?
3) Frank is playing too slow.

15 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

1) Same setlist

Don't forget about the whistle in PC :P

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Don't forget about the whistle in PC :P

Yeah..

But to be fair..that's kinda valid. 

Just that them giving it all just trumps the imperfections. But I get the whistle issue. Maybe someone needs to ask the man himself why he chooses to do it this way these days.

This is a setlist from one of the shows.....looks like Patience isn't even a alt. really....almost as if it's part of the main setlist and they should be putting it in every other night or lead into it, idk.....but apparently they're not.

http://gnrtruth.proboards.com/attachment/download/1465

Edited by Kasanova King

22 minutes ago, cheesecake said:

1) Same setlist

And luckily, this forum gives them the freedom to voice their genuine opinion even if it's negative. :)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I was 13 in 2006 so going to concerts was a little harder ?

I was 12 in 2006... so 16 at my first GnR in 2010...:lol: Btw.. by 'harder' do you mean it is not allowed in US to attend GnR under the age of 18 or because parent's didn't allow you...?

5 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

And luckily, this forum gives them the freedom to voice their genuine opinion even if it's negative. :)

And luckily, this forum gives us the freedom to voice that maybe some people can have unrealistic expectations because of things such as Periscope and would be happier just enjoying the music instead of worrying about a list of songs at a show they aren't at

Edited by WhazUp