Axl Rose On TMZ

I can think of two reasons for people to care about Axl's looks without being "fake fans"

1. We all want GNR to be taken seriously and regarded as a force to be reckoned with in this reunion - the beautiful, youthful rebellion rock star Axl coming back as a regular aging middle aged man is an easy target and will take focus from the music and shows 

2. Most of us look at clips from the early 90's, or remember it in our minds, and feel like it's yesterday. Axl al of a sudden appearing as an old man is scary, it reminds us of our own aging and how time flies. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DexAxl said:

It's just stupid excuse, oh he is 54 give him a break blah blah. Just look at Lenny Kravitz he is 51 and same height like Axl and have body like 20 year old, so point is if you take care of your body you can look great in your 50's.

Black and latino race age better than caucasian. They seem to be stronger. I always knew Axl's beauty would be hard to keep because of his extremely pale complex, thin hair and unfortunately, bad habits like smoking/drinking/drugs make it worse.

As for the body and stuff, yeah, he could look better in that regard but maybe he got tired of it. He was beautiful and muscular for a long time but you gotta be disciplined to keep such body. Sometimes your mind just isn't into it. After all, Axl's not a model, he's a singer, I assume he rather focus on his singing than the looks (and yes I know looks is part of the whole entertainment BS).

With all that said, I think he looks pretty good and cool for his age. You can't say he hasn't improved from the last time we saw him.

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Black and latino race age better than caucasian. They seem to be stronger. I always knew Axl's beauty would be hard to keep because of his extremely pale complex, thin hair and unfortunately, bad habits like smoking/drinking/drugs make it worse.

As for the body and stuff, yeah, he could look better in that regard but maybe he got tired of it. He was beautiful and muscular for a long time but you gotta be disciplined to keep such body. Sometimes your mind just isn't into it. After all, Axl's not a model, he's a singer, I assume he rather focus on his singing than the looks (and yes I know looks is part of the whole entertainment BS).

With all that said, I think he looks pretty good and cool for his age. You can't say he hasn't improved from the last time we saw him.

That is true black race better age, but Lenny is mixed like Slash and same age but Slash's lifestyle made him look very bad in that comparation but nevermind that weight don't affect your guitar skills. I'm not girl or homosexsual to care how he looks i'm music fan not fan of his former 6 pack or dick in underwear, but if weight and bad lifestyle affected his voice and performance on stage i have problem with that, and before he broke foot we saw he lost some pounds and got some biceps so he is trying i hope he will be in better shape soon.

3 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

That is true black race better age, but Lenny is mixed like Slash and same age but Slash's lifestyle made him look very bad in that comparation but nevermind that weight don't affect your guitar skills. I'm not girl or homosexsual to care how he looks i'm music fan not fan of his former 6 pack or dick in underwear, but if weight and bad lifestyle affected his voice and performance on stage i have problem with that, and before he broke foot we saw he lost some pounds and got some biceps so he is trying i hope he will be in better shape soon.

We really can't say he has a bad lifestyle. That's something we assume because of things we know from the past. Yeah, it looks like he seems to eat more calories than he burns. But it could be also some medication he takes and in my opinion, he hasn't stayed as active as Duff & Slash. Those guys never stopped performing, they joined 100 bands, play whenever they can with whatever musician wants to join them. Axl, on the contrary, only stuck to Guns N' Roses all these years and those long periods of not singing/performing have really affected him.

It also looks like Axl is that kind of person who let themselves go until they have to do something important. If you notice, every time he "came back" to the public eye, he lost weight, got a new look and becomes active. Then he goes missing and thats when he fucks up, lol.

I really hope he stays active for a long time now because as he ages, it becomes harder to lose weight and stay healthy.

It's interesting watching how Axl handles talking to that guy. When axl said the second show was more fun the guy sort of jumped on him.. "MORE FUN!?" Like that's this guys job. To analyze every little word seeking something controversial to make a headline. 

I mean you can hear Mitch lafon now-

"Problems with Angus and Axl?" **Axl tells reporter 2nd show without young 'more fun' **

Axl handles himself much more smoothly now. But I guess when you've stage dived into a crowd and punched someone with a camera you can only go up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Changes said:

2. Most of us look at clips from the early 90's, or remember it in our minds, and feel like it's yesterday. Axl al of a sudden appearing as an old man is scary, it reminds us of our own aging and how time flies. 

Yes! More than that, Axl stayed out of the public eye for some time, so we didn't see him gradually aging, like we did with Slash and Duff. The image we have on mind is of a young Axl, and suddenly, when he comes back, we see that he aged... 

• Like 1

If you compare Duff to anyone in their 50s who's had plastic surgery, I'd always choose to look like Duff. He maintains his appearance the hard way. There might be more lines on his face than Axl's, but who ever cupcakes him on social media over that?

Could have gone worse for Axl, though. Back in 2002 it looked like he was gonna go full Michael Jackson.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

If you compare Duff to anyone in their 50s who's had plastic surgery, I'd always choose to look like Duff. He maintains his appearance the hard way. There might be more lines on his face than Axl's, but who ever cupcakes him on social media over that?

Could have gone worse for Axl, though. Back in 2002 it looked like he was gonna go full Michael Jackson.

I think people hooray for tolerance! on Axl for other reasons... Axl is an easy target. People just hate him, no matter how good or bad he is. Even when Axl was young, hot and sexy, when his voice was on top and would run through the stage like a wild animal, people would still hate him and call him all of sorts of names. This is mostly because of his bad reputation.

Duff was never labeled sex-symbol so the fact that he looks so good now in his 50's is surprising and he gets all the praise for having reverted his looks at an age when most people actually go down in that department.

Im not making up excuses for Axl, I know he could go back to his muscular body if he really wanted to, but his natural beauty is one hard to keep. Axl was one guy with feminine facial features, very soft, his long girly hair would be impossible to keep now and look good at the same time. Sebastian Bach was the same type of beauty than Axl, perfect face, almost female.... He keeps the long hair but the face is getting wrinkles so it makes him look like an old lady. Bas definitely needs a haircut.

And like someone said before, this is what happens when you go out of the spotlight for so long, most people didn't see Axl aging gradually so everybody's got this image of a hot man in his 30's on their minds. Contrasting that with the current 54 years old guy is shocking for most, basically because it confronts you with your own aging, which is oftenly an issue for a lot of people.

On 26-4-2016 at 1:16 AM, Nintari said:

I think it has to do with the before and afters. Look at Duff in 1992 and then look at him now. Sure, he's wearing some lines on his face and stuff, but in some ways, the guy looks BETTER than he did then. Axl, on the other hand, was a sex symbol back in the early 90's. He was on every woman's "to do" list. When you compare his 1991/1993 self to now, it's the opposite of Duff. He just hasn't taken care of himself like Duff has. 

It's his choice and I wouldn't fault him for it. But I think that's where the criticism comes from.

Axl’s still on my ‘to do’ list ;)

Axl ain’t 30 anymore (and me neighter). For 50-something he looks above average great right now. It’s not only his fysique. He has got what I call impact or presence. And when he wants to, he also has got charm.

I work in an office packed with 50+ man. I’d jump of my chair in excitement if a guy like Axl would pass by my desk. I’d make my day.

Now we can always compare him to someone even better preserved. He may not be on top of the list. He still scores well on it though.

Edited by Ender04
added info
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Ender04 said:

Axl ain’t 30 anymore (and me neighter). For 50-something he looks above average great right now. It’s not only his fysique. He has got what I call impact or presence. And when he wants to, he also has got charm.

I work in an office packed with 50+ man. I’d jump of my chair in excitement if a guy like Axl would pass by my desk. I’d make my day.

Now we can always compare him to someone even better preserved. He may not be on top of the list. He still scores well on it though.

No gay sex fantasies here, please :bitchfight: and even if you are a woman, come on...its like I would say: Mariah Carey or britney spears are still on my to do list...they looked hot and natural at the beginning of their career, but not now. Axl had a bad botox or face lifting session in the late 90s i guess. In retrospective i have to admit that he looked good in 2006...his hair style was just not cool in 2006. but in 2016 i would go: cool braids, dude. No homo.

Axl better be careful. He's hurt his foot and he doesn't want to hurt his shananananaKNEESKNEES

56 minutes ago, Ender04 said:

Spot on!

A guy in his 50's who looks like Axl right now would be the only 50ish guys I'd date, haha. :P

On April 27, 2016 at 9:43 PM, paranoyd androyd said:

agreed, he looks terrible. severely bloated everywhere and has that pink face look from heavy drinking. all the thick leather jackets, big sunglasses, huge hats, gaudy necklaces, and enormous rings only make it worse.

Idk I don't think slash looks that bad