Release official (soundboard) audio of the shows

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Signed :)

Not sure if it'll do anything but at least it should show them there's demand. I'd happily pay for this.

Thanks! Yes, might not do anything! But if we manage to show strong interest and it gets to GN'R Management... who knows! And it's not something unheard of, lots of other bands are doing it. I am not affiliated with the band in any way, shape or form, I just love them and the music! So I figured a petition won't hurt :). 

Thanks all for signing! This would be very cool to happen, different formats, throw in some limited vinyl, endless possibilities! If you have some time on your hands, please copy the link and post it on GNR Facebook too. the more exposure we get the better! There are over 30 million followers on FB with tons of people buying tickets to shows! I bet lots of them would like to have the shows released. I wonder how many of the 30 million + FB followers we could make see and sign the petition? Please help, can't do it alone :). 

I'm not 100% sure but I think metallica release audio soundboard of their gigs, why cant Guns do that then? They also have backstage videos, soundchecks and loads of their live performances on youtube. I dont get why Guns is so secretive and non engaging with the fans. And yes I've signed it!

Edited by darkknite63

Just now, darkknite63 said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think metallica release audio soundboard of their gigs, why cant Guns do that then? They also have backstage videos, soundchecks and loads of their live performances on youtube. I dont get why Guns is so secretive and non engaging with the fans.

You're right, Metallica and a bunch of other bands are doing it. And seems like Guns is changing...posting pictures from backstage and concert clips. Let's help them a bit and show there's demand for this stuff. Go and sign the petition, that's all we can do. The more sign it the better!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

signed,

i know its a bit off topic but id love to have specially SDB from 1986-1991

and from axl/dc

Not off topic at all! The goal would be to have each shows from all periods. Now that would be something!

• Like 1

This is a great idea though. I've bought concerts I've been to like this from The Black Crowes and Metallica for example. And it's a growing trend. I understand physical copies aren't as much of an option as they require a lot of manual labour, stock, shipping etc and are therefor expensive and impractical. But the digital variety (mp3, lossless) is absolute genius, cheap to do and imo fairly profitable for an artist. Would love for GnR to do it as well. 

Every Pearl Jam and Metallica show from 2003ish can be downloaded, for a small stipend, in either flac or mp3 with artwork!

In regards to fan friendliness, It is astonishing how well those bands run things, and Guns run things so badly!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

and Guns run things so badly!

The Star Wars thing and canceling of the Kimmel were good steps in the right direction though. Like they know how to sell it and the hype is there. They don't need to fuckin' sell flacs online. This is not Metallica.

Everything is running like a well oiled machine. What they want to say, they get it out there just fine. If you don't agree with their strategy, while hilarious, is also sad. There is more than one way to sell a product, and this specific one is selling...selling...sold out.

You nitpick and find flaws, but Guns never put out many live shows and they are improving as they've released a blu ray not long ago and who knows? perhaps in the future they'll release flacs.

Edited by Rovim

Me and some other guys did the same thing for RHCP when their last album came out in 2011. We managed to get around 25k people to sign it and we contacted WB about that. They didn't reply to us but they started selling every show from that tour like 2 months later. A year later we finally got the email from them. They asked us which shows from 1999 to 2007 we, as fans, would like to hear so we made a list of about 10 shows and they released some of them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

They don't need to fuckin' sell flacs online.

Well I do not suppose they need to but as somebody who listens to bootlegs constantly I can only applaud the strategy practiced by Metallica and Pearl Jam. 

• Like 1