More Openers Announced!

On 6/7/2016 at 9:06 AM, rickjkd1977 said:

Ouch if they going with hometown heroes here in Cincinnati I guess it would be 98 degrees, ouch.  Or I guess Bootsy Collins.

Considering he's good friends with Buckethead, I feel Bootsy Collin's would decline out of respect for Buckethead.

On 6/7/2016 at 10:58 PM, Sosso said:

I would like to see the The Dead Daisies. 

Really?  It's a billionnaire living his rock n roll dream by hiring the best players.  Mendoza is one of the greatest bass players on the planet so I am partial to him, but I don't feel like there is much soul in this group, especially with the constant rotation of lineups.  Their original singer was amazing.

7 hours ago, Mr. Dude said:

Keep telling yourself that...just like Metallica did.

Theres a whole other thread about that tour and for those who attended the shows(I personally attended 2 of them )most would agree that Metallica was the "better "of the 2 acts live.And this is a Guns board.Following Metallica is a nearly impossible task for any band.First time I seen them live they opened for Ozzy ,I was a huge Sabbath /Ozzy fan and it was my first time seeing him live .Was completely blown away by Metallica ,they stole the show .Have never felt  disappointed after seeing them live 

2 hours ago, gmsugaree said:

Really?  It's a billionnaire living his rock n roll dream by hiring the best players.  Mendoza is one of the greatest bass players on the planet so I am partial to him, but I don't feel like there is much soul in this group, especially with the constant rotation of lineups.  Their original singer was amazing.

Really? I had no idea about that. I just listened to their second album and that was awesome. 

16 hours ago, Sosso said:

Really? I had no idea about that. I just listened to their second album and that was awesome. 

I dont want to rag on them, glad you dig the album.  I just like when a band builds with one solid lineup and all the comings and goings of players is a bit of a turnoff.  Marco Mendoza is one of the greatest bass players ever so I'll see him any time he is in town.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 11:12 AM, gt72 said:

Theres a whole other thread about that tour and for those who attended the shows(I personally attended 2 of them )most would agree that Metallica was the "better "of the 2 acts live.And this is a Guns board.Following Metallica is a nearly impossible task for any band.First time I seen them live they opened for Ozzy ,I was a huge Sabbath /Ozzy fan and it was my first time seeing him live .Was completely blown away by Metallica ,they stole the show .Have never felt  disappointed after seeing them live 

I saw the GNR/Metallica show, and while both were great, Metallica was better! 

I find it impossible to believe that a band hasn't already been signed/contracted for those shows.  This stuff has to be planned in advance.

For some reason they are waiting almost to the last minute to make an announcement.

On June 9, 2016 at 2:35 PM, darkknite63 said:

van halen would be sick but unlikely :(

Wasn't there a planned GNR/Van Halen summer tour a few years ago? I seem to remember that. Definitely not happening though.

At least if Van Halen opened Axl would sound like a God in contrast to David Lee Roth even if he sang the entire concert as Mickey. :lol:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, James Bond said:

Wasn't there a planned GNR/Van Halen summer tour a few years ago? I seem to remember that. Definitely not happening though.

At least if Van Halen opened Axl would sound like a God in contrast to David Lee Roth even if he sang the entire concert as Mickey. :lol:

I'm not too sure about the GNR/Van Halen tour, I didn't keep up with the news during the nuGNR years.

Too bad DLR sounds like shit now, the Jimmy Kimmel appearance was such a disappointment.

Although, I'd love it if we get a surprise guest every show like one night Eddie van halen, next lars ulrich, then david lee roth, Izzy, Steven etc. it would be so cool, if they had a guest musician for every show, kind of like a tribute for rock/metal in general.

Yes, there was a rumor about a super tour in 2009 with GNR and VanHalen. Irving Azoff was who started it, hoping that Axl would reunite with slash to do it. Axl basically said fuck off and fired Azoff, which is who was managing GNR at the time. 

1 hour ago, mikeman5150 said:

Yes, there was a rumor about a super tour in 2009 with GNR and VanHalen. Irving Azoff was who started it, hoping that Axl would reunite with slash to do it. Axl basically said fuck off and fired Azoff, which is who was managing GNR at the time. 

Whenever I read things like this I kind of wonder if Axl would have got around to patching things up with Slash sooner if he didn't have so many people trying to pressure him into it.

12 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

Whenever I read things like this I kind of wonder if Axl would have got around to patching things up with Slash sooner if he didn't have so many people trying to pressure him into it.

Absolutely!  I've often thought the same thing.

On 6/13/2016 at 6:16 PM, BadApples87 said:

I find it impossible to believe that a band hasn't already been signed/contracted for those shows.  This stuff has to be planned in advance.

For some reason they are waiting almost to the last minute to make an announcement.

But that makes no sense, why would they wait so late to announce the opener for just a handful of shows?

Kravitz and AIC were announced almost two weeks ago now

My theory is they're waiting to see if the first few shows jump start sales again for the later dates. Maybe they're hoping to get some nobody for cheap if there's good buzz & sales kickstart again. If not, maybe they will shell out some more coin for someone that can help sell tickets...

Unless something is in the works like a Bach/Skid Row reunion

Edit: Skid row is free for all GNR dates except Seattle, Sebastian Bach is free for all dates.

I know it's a long shot but it would be fucking badass.

Edited by PsychoKiss344