Steven

14 hours ago, Billsfan said:

I disagree. The only bigger payday than what they have now IS the 5 from appetite considering it's such a legendary record. I just don't think they wanted to force feed it on the fans because after we get the original 5, then what is there left to look forward to? I just think they would prefer to not only have a band that can be depended on from the start, but then be able to work in more positives and surprises as time goes on rather than have too much happen too quickly. This is gonna be a long run ahead..

I wish they'd done a real reunion from the start, but I just think they've blown their chances to cash in on it.  Promoters won't care and how do you sell that anyway?  'Hey everybody! You know that thing we told you was the reunion of the decade? Yeah, that was okay...but this is gonna be something to see. Give us a bunch more money plz."

• Like 2

I wonder how a guest appearance from Adler might work though, what are they going to do, play a whole chunk of AFD mid set?  I don't think that would work. They could let him play the encore, but again it would have to be all AFD :/

Unless they plan on switching out drummers every few songs or playing a chunk of AFD in one go (I don't think so) I just can't see how Steven would even fit into the band, if he is there. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

20 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I wonder how a guest appearance from Adler might work though, what are they going to do, play a whole chunk of AFD mid set?  I don't think that would work. They could let him play the encore, but again it would have to be all AFD :/

Unless they plan on switching out drummers every few songs or playing a chunk of AFD in one go (I don't think so) I just can't see how Steven would even fit into the band, if he is there. 

What I think they could do is bring Adler out for the encore and play 3or 4 AFD/Lies songs then there's no switching about all the time. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

There's no reason why he can't play a portion of the set, like the last hour. He doesn't just have to play AfD stuff.

Or he comes on for the encore. Either way, I don't like the switching idea.

Surely he can play some of the other stuff, I reckon he could, but it just seems unlikely that would happen. I would love him to be there, I just can't see how they would work him into the set without having to play a few AFD songs in a row. It would be fine by me if they did that, we just know it won't happen. :shrugs:

42 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Well the encore is usually along he lines of a nightrain/patience/ paradise city anyways. Even if they have to shift a couple of appetite songs towards the end it could work. It would be insane if they started with its so easy brownstone and jungle with him instead of Frank. 

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:59 AM, LikeADog93 said:

I think his silence is proof that he is involved in some capacity. If he was out, we would have heard him call into Eddie Trunk and go on a rant about how Axl, Slash, and Duff hate him

yeah i can totally agree with that! :P

The Keith Neddo-thing with Jacob Bunton, the Mitch Lafon interview with Vicky, the overall silence from Steven's camp - THEN a sudden happy-like-a-boss video on the verge of the tour with him playing fucking Paradise City. 

I think it'd be a bit weird overall if he wouldn't guest star in a couple of shows after all these hints, rumours & facts. 

• Like 1

Hoping for the best - to see Steven on the tour..!! I don;t get why are many people against the idea of interchanging.. If they stick few aappetite songs together than it's completely feasible...and most of all Steven and Frank use the almost identical drum set...

37 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Hoping for the best - to see Steven on the tour..!! I don;t get why are many people against the idea of interchanging.. If they stick few aappetite songs together than it's completely feasible...and most of all Steven and Frank use the almost identical drum set...

The band only needs one drummer.   

Frank is apparently that guy.     This notion of one guy playing this half of the show and another guy playing another half of the show isn't reality. 

15 minutes ago, CardinalGunner said:

The band only needs one drummer.   

Frank is apparently that guy.     This notion of one guy playing this half of the show and another guy playing another half of the show isn't reality. 

Anything is possible with this band. This band doesn't need two keyboard players but they have that too incase you're unaware...

• Like 4