Steven

when they do the AFD reunion it will be for a shit ton of money. 

Maybe when they set up these shows Steven and Izzy's stock wasn't high enough. But people always want more ways to feel special. 

ITunes I want to see 100mil on the table for the AFD line up reunion record. 

What if Rock in Rio wants the AFD line up for 3 nights? Guns in Rio. 20 mil a show. 

I'm not sure it would give him closure, if he gets up with the rest of the band and Kills it, crowed goes wild, Fans demand Steven playing AFD as it should be played. what's  the excuse not to have him there more permenantly? The situation becomes much more personal, it's no longer about can Steven play, its about can we cope with him or can he cope with it.

I'm still thinking that we will se a full reunion in 2017, maybe not a permant tour but perhaps Key venues. Steven would hopefully have 2 years sober under his belt, and some personal stability in his life. If you have 4/5 I think Izzy would also play if he can agree terms, hopefully there would be more good will on both sides if it's just a handful of dates. I would just hope theses specific dates are promoted as such, so long time faithful fans have the first opportunity to acquire tickets. 

"Steven Adler was suppose to take part in a limited basis in the Guns N' Roses reunion, goes to rehearsals, second day throws out his back. Boy what bad break for him. "
- Mitch Lafon on Vicky Hamilton Interview

"I weren't asked to join the reunion."
- Matt Sorum on Twitter

"I'm not part of the reunion in April."
- Izzy on Twitter

So that's that. Fingers crossed things could change though. 

Edited by rosesandguns

2 hours ago, wasted said:

Maybe when they set up these shows Steven and Izzy's stock wasn't high enough. But people always want more ways to feel special. 

What if Rock in Rio wants the AFD line up for 3 nights? Guns in Rio. 20 mil a show. 

I hope Steven is not on a drug called Charlie Sheen.

On 6/13/2016 at 9:27 AM, wasted said:

This.

Think about it from a business standpoint.

Axl, Slash, Duff know they can make a major killing off of the original AFD five.  The money they made off of Coachella and the rest of the shows will be peanuts.  They could be holding out for the big pay day (like the iTunes or Rio examples above).

Edited by ryanf23

Maybe after spending all those years hoping for a reunion, once it was actually starting to become a reality Steven realized it was not what he wanted to do after all. That's the only explanation I can think of that hasn't been considered yet. Probably not very likely, but sometimes that's what happens after you have wanted something for a very long time.

On 14/06/2016 at 4:34 AM, Modano09 said:

Either he's suddenly gotten legit sober and mature, or he's had a carrot dangled in front of him he can only reach if he at least acts sober and mature for a while. 

This, and this...

18 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I find it so weird that he hasn't done any interviews since this has been announced, normally Steven would be doing any interview possible with youtube channels/radio stations anything lol

His silence seems really odd, compared to his usual stance of telling anyone who'd listen how much he'd love to do this, and he'd be there with bells on if it ever happened, wouldn't even expect a fee, etc etc etc.

From what we know, he's at least on good terms with Slash & Duff, so presumably some sort of dialogue has occurred. I don't know about this whole 'injured back / was supposed to step in on these early shows' thing. I think he's a great drummer, and I think he's still got the chops, despite his well documented problems over the years - the footage of Adler from a month or so back proves that.

I'd still hope to see him involved in some capacity, but it's looking less & less likely. Certainly it's crystal clear that Frank is the main guy, and we're not going to see Steven there in a permanent capacity any time soon.

The only thing that really still seems a bit of a mystery here is just WHY he hasn't spoken publicly about this situation. It's been 6 months since the cat's been out of the bag. Shows have been played, a tour has been announced and SOMEONE in the media must have asked him about it, yet it seems like he's declined to get into it (publicly), which does seem unusual behavior in light of his previous.

20 minutes ago, Ulnar said:

From what we know, he's at least on good terms with Slash & Duff, so presumably some sort of dialogue has occurred. 

No? By the end of last year Steven was still whining about Slash and Duff hating him. Saying how they think he's not cool and that they don't believe he is sober. That Duff is disappointed in him. That Slash refuses to go have lunch with him and is always "too busy" to meet up with Steven.

Sounds like Slash and Duff are avoiding him. I haven't heard anything since then indicating that things have changed.

On ‎13‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 2:46 PM, SoulMonster said:

I bet he will come and join for a few songs now and then. Maybe one concert or two. I hope so. It would nice to see and good for him to get a proper closure.

It would be nice to see Steven give Frank the proper closure he desperately needs...

• Like 3

On 6/14/2016 at 0:57 PM, ryanf23 said:

This.

Think about it from a business standpoint.

Axl, Slash, Duff know they can make a major killing off of the original AFD five.  The money they made off of Coachella and the rest of the shows will be peanuts.  They could be holding out for the big pay day (like the iTunes or Rio examples above).

There's no big payday in an AFD reuinion. There would have been, but  not  now that they've played the reunion card with this hybrid thing.

On June 12, 2016 at 5:23 PM, Asia said:

I'm starting to think that they invited everyone (Steven, Izzy, maybe even Matt) for negotiations and to be able to start negotiations they had to sign NDA and then got told to fuck-off :lol:

I think they just put a gag order on anyone potentially involved until they got everyone's contracts signed (beyond axl slash and duff, since that's how this thing was always sold as). I would bet that Steven is involved, it was reported that he hurt his back duri GNR rehearsals before the injury itself was confirmed.

Izzys negotiations seemed to be going well, then Eddie Money reported they went south. Hopefully things have improved there. I think Matt has kept in close touch with Duff and Slash and just kept quiet hoping they'd convince axl to deal him into this, when realistically that was just too unrealistic. 

On June 16, 2016 at 3:36 AM, bigpoop said:

There's no big payday in an AFD reuinion. There would have been, but  not  now that they've played the reunion card with this hybrid thing.

I disagree. The only bigger payday than what they have now IS the 5 from appetite considering it's such a legendary record. I just don't think they wanted to force feed it on the fans because after we get the original 5, then what is there left to look forward to? I just think they would prefer to not only have a band that can be depended on from the start, but then be able to work in more positives and surprises as time goes on rather than have too much happen too quickly. This is gonna be a long run ahead..

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

If this was authentically recorded on 18, June of this year then there is no way in hell we'll see Steven on the upcoming tour.   

As sad as it sounds, this is just what I thought as I was watching the video...

On 6/16/2016 at 3:36 AM, bigpoop said:

I agree, tours make their money from the general public. Most of them have no clue who the heck Steven or Izzy are, the obsession with the "original 5" is largely confined to fan message boards.

3 hours ago, fallglimmer said:

I agree, tours make their money from the general public. Most of them have no clue who the heck Steven or Izzy are, the obsession with the "original 5" is largely confined to fan message boards.

I disagree, there are loads of people out there  who grew up listening to Guns who knew who the band consisted of. Matt & Gilby were accepted as adequate replacements at the height of guns fame because they fitted in seamlessly with the music already written. 

I know a lot of people like myself, view guns as a band that ceased to exist post 93. The preceding years was Axls blight on the legacy.

I went to see Axls band in Brisbane 07, it was the worst show I have ever seen in my life. I left that show  honestly crushed  by the representation of the band I grew up loving. Because if that show I have never listened to CD.

I am looking foward to seeing Axl, Slash & Duff play together again (the reason I joined the forum) but I am well aware that Izzy & Stephan are not there & would be sceptical about a new album with out Izzys contribution. 

• Like 3