GN'R To Play Slither? (Set List Pic)

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 10:38 AM, Tom-Ass said:

Agree 100%. I absolutely love Think About You... Fucking LOVE everything about it.. Crossing my fingers for Foxboro.

I agree. they can ditch LALD anytime and Think About You is a GREAT song! tho I get the feeling Axl might want to throw High Voltage in :P

24 minutes ago, Fin said:

If they play it, I really hope they play in the same tempo as the album version. The faster version played by Slash / Miles sucks IMO. Though their two-minute intro is great. 

I never noticed the faster tempo with SMKC. Did they play it faster than the radio/album version? 

I remember VR used to play it slower but once the song hit the radio it was speed up and shortened and VR played that way for a while. Eventually they weren't back to the extended bridge. During the liberated tour if I remember correctly. 

I don't care to for the extended intro as much as I do for the extended bridge. Love Scott's oooo's over the awesome bass, drums & Slash's playing and how the song starts back up and ends with a blast. 

The long intro works since they've been playing it at the end of the show as part of the encore. The build up to arguably on of Slashs best songs and Serling closer works. If GNR ever played it it would probably be earlier in the set. The long intro wouldn't be necessary.

Edited by Top-Hatted One

33 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

I never noticed the faster tempo with SMKC. Did they play it faster than the radio/album version? 

I remember VR used to play it slower but once the song hit the radio it was speed up and shortened and VR played that way for a while. Eventually they weren't back to the extended bridge. During the liberated tour if I remember correctly. 

I don't care to for the extended intro as much as I do for the extended bridge. Love Scott's oooo's over the awesome bass, drums & Slash's playing and how the song starts back up and ends with a blast. 

The long intro works since they've been playing it at the end of the show as part of the encore. The build up to arguably on of Slashs best songs and Serling closer works. If GNR ever played it it would probably be earlier in the set. The long intro wouldn't be necessary.

Slash Myles live Slither (great intro, though, after that, annoying non-groovy fast pace):

VR original (too short intro, then alright, perfect tempo):

8 hours ago, Bono said:

Yup pretty sure I'm not a silly little girl who only likes GnR only for their ballads. I think Think About You is one of their most underrated songs along with Dead Horse . The only thing fucking ridiculous is your comment :facepalm: 

I don't think Dead Horse is underrated. It was played in the Skin N' Bones tour and people loved it. I hope they bring that one back.

Thank you for the rest :kiss:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Man I still think to this day that Velvet Revolver were the same force on-stage as GnR in their prime 1993.. as well as the only true pure rock n roll band that elicited since GnR... shame they don't exist anymore..

Yeah. Matt, Duff and Slash really have something special. Kush was the best possible compliment, and Scott the perfect frontman. There was an energy in those shows that really captured the rock n roll spirit. VR live was better than the current reunion line-up tbh.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

Yeah. Matt, Duff and Slash really have something special. Kush was the best possible compliment, and Scott the perfect frontman. There was an energy in those shows that really captured the rock n roll spirit. VR live was better than the current reunion line-up tbh.

of course better than current GnR... you know why? cause it was the first time.. they captured the spirit of lightning in the bottle of VR the same way GnR did in their heyday... nowadays current incarnation of GnR is just trying to replicate it...and so far it's not going anything close to what we expected..( albeit Steven and Izzy would improve that for that matter..)

56 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

of course better than current GnR... you know why? cause it was the first time.. they captured the spirit of lightning in the bottle of VR the same way GnR did in their heyday... nowadays current incarnation of GnR is just trying to replicate it...and so far it's not going anything close to what we expected..( albeit Steven and Izzy would improve that for that matter..)

VR were way tighter than this incarnation of Guns N' Roses.. Sad to say but it is true.. Hopefully they are better this time around.. Hopefully Frank and Fortus will play the songs the way they were intended to be played. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

VR were way tighter than this incarnation of Guns N' Roses.. Sad to say but it is true.. Hopefully they are better this time around.. Hopefully Frank and Fortus will play the songs the way they were intended to be played. 

i dont care about richard...it's steven I want!!! The rhythm section relies on him 9/10...not on richard!

2 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

i dont care about richard...it's steven I want!!! The rhythm section relies on him 9/10...not on richard!

Agree, the drums are by far the biggest issue with this band but Richard could certainly do some things different as well.. 

12 minutes ago, hypird said:

Boring song. Needs some serious changes to make it enjoyable.

If they change or adding anything to Slither it won't be because of this opinion as it is in the extreme minority.

As for Steven hill will never be the full time drummer this go around. May next year if they honor AFD30 with Izzy. 

For now the most you can hope for is the occasional guest spot on AFD songs but you won't hear him play Coma or YCBM for that matter. Certainly won't hear him play the CD songs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

If they change or adding anything to Slither it won't be because of this opinion as it is in the extreme minority.

As for Steven hill will never be the full time drummer this go around. May next year if they honor AFD30 with Izzy. 

For now the most you can hope for is the occasional guest spot on AFD songs but you won't hear him play Coma or YCBM for that matter. Certainly won't hear him play the CD songs. 

Don't really want to hear anyone play CD songs:P

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Man I still think to this day that Velvet Revolver were the same force on-stage as GnR in their prime 1993.. as well as the only true pure rock n roll band that elicited since GnR... shame they don't exist anymore..

This may be an opinion, but certainly not one shared by many who saw both bands.  

3 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I don't disagree with this...but in no way were VR (in my opinion) in the same ball park as GnR, but that's just me I reckon.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't disagree with this...but in no way were VR (in my opinion) in the same ball park as GnR, but that's just me I reckon.  

VR were damn good but not even close to the level of Guns back in the day.

• Like 2