Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

Thanks for the reference, I was wondering about that. I got the shirt. Bought it outside. Wasn't planning on buying the litho anyway, but I asked if they had any left. They didn't, but he said they'd only gotten 10 copies, so it's no wonder they sold out quickly.

23 hours ago, Nalbi said:

Funny how they decided to get rid of the red for the printing.

Definitely like the final version better.

Yeah, the version with red is like the shirt, but it only says Paris below, not the date, which is printed on the back as usual. The red is less bright though, it looks more pinkish on the shirt.

Just found out the the shirt is glow in the dark :)

Edited by Lio
added

9 minutes ago, Alexpro said:

None of the European lithos (bar London) have showed up on eBay... Are folks flipping them elsewhere? Or simply not buying for resale?  Love the Paris litho but don't see any for sale

There were a couple Werchter and Copenhagen lithos

19 hours ago, Alexpro said:

None of the European lithos (bar London) have showed up on eBay... Are folks flipping them elsewhere? Or simply not buying for resale?  Love the Paris litho but don't see any for sale

There was a Paris one on ebay this afternoon but I bought it!

Edited by papalaz
Typo

15 minutes ago, Dacatzass said:

I would contact the seller first if you are interested. Says may not post to the US, but I'm sure you could arrange something for a fee.

They're also a bit smaller than the actual posters, the seller said he printed on A3 paper

2 hours ago, papalaz said:

There was a Paris one on ebay this afternoon but I bought it!

Well done, I must have missed that one (or it had gone real quick)

How much did you pay if you dont mind my asking? Few London ones are still on ebay for some exorbitant prices, clearly sellers get too greedy with them

2 hours ago, Dacatzass said:

This guy must be making a killing - he's already sold almost 20 copies of both posters... Well, at least he's not trying to sell them for the real ones 

Think of it, this is something GNR merch dept could do themselves - put print to order cheap litho copies online... I'd rather pay to the band and the artist 

2 hours ago, Alexpro said:

This guy must be making a killing - he's already sold almost 20 copies of both posters... Well, at least he's not trying to sell them for the real ones 

Think of it, this is something GNR merch dept could do themselves - put print to order cheap litho copies online... I'd rather pay to the band and the artist 

He has made about $515.00 so far and I say good for him. They are a little smaller than the original prints and he isn't trying to pass them off as genuine (unlike some other eBay seller we have discussed).

The only thing questionable is that the original artist isn't getting paid for the use of their image, but the marketing people are more to blame for this than the eBay seller.

There is no reason the official merch people couldn't find a printer and offer variants of the original gig posters for sale after the gigs, or allow the artist to offer variants on their own to sell like other shops do. The only artist who has done this was Sara Ray with her Rocket Queen print and that seems a little  peculiar... I wonder if there is some sort of agreement that they won't do that and that is why we haven't seen anything else by her at the other gigs?

Whatever is going on has made the secondary market explode for GNR prints compared to prints by other bands. Would really love to know the logic behind it all, especially when you factor in the extremely low print runs for some of the European shows with the insane demand for some of this artwork.

You guys are being way too rough I think. I think it looks very cool and shows a little respect to the tradition and history of the group.

It doesn't scream rock n' roll to me so it's not going to make my top five but I definitely like it for its retro appeal. Two thumbs up for sure.

I really like the design, but I don't like it as a specific show litho.

I would rather they just had that as a general litho or poster. I don't think it fits in the series of these lithos, that's my only 'problem' with it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lio said:

I really like the design, but I don't like it as a specific show litho.

I would rather they just had that as a general litho or poster. I don't think it fits in the series of these lithos, that's my only 'problem' with it.

The lithos have never had any underlying theme so I think it fits just as much any other. It's a more-than-worthy addition to the NITL series for me.

• Like 1