11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

There was also disappointment on Slash's birthday because Axl didn't bring a cake on stage and he just wished "happy birthday" :lol:

That's right there was, too! My gawd..

Maybe Duff and the other guys went to a different cake shop and Axl liked the other one across town better and he was photographed going there alone, which simultaneously caused and is the reason for a rift since no explanation could be found for his lonesome (!) and meant no cake for poor Slashy who has secretly quit the band as a result - effective after Asia 2017.

24 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

To be completely fair, none of you (us) have any idea what you're talking about. You (we) have no idea of what it really takes to not only pull off a tour of this magnitude but to tour a band of this magnitude too. It could have been a muckup on paperwork? It could be damn near anything. 

For all you know Axl was being respectful to the others as he likes to drink and party, and Slash and Duff presumably do not? Maybe the other guys are fine being put up where management put them, and Axl is paying extra of his own dime to get a better suite/hotel? Maybe he likes the beds better at the other hotel? Maybe he just fucking felt like it? Could be fucking anything, man. You guys are coming off just so dramatic, like you're looking for shit to analyse. During the first few gigs people were saying its imploding because Axl hadn't stood near Slash in a while...I mean, come on. 

I would even argue that they may possibly not be friends, simply colleagues in which case it's not weird for any one colleague on a business trip to go elsewhere away from the group.  If you think three google execs staying at two different hotels in the same city means google is about to go bust you simply lack intelligence.

If any of these people who you love and respect so much knew the sort of things you were thinking/saying about them they would be so sad for you. Seriously, find more important things to give a shit about. 

Bravo. I agree 1000%

25 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

To be completely fair, none of you (us) have any idea what you're talking about. You (we) have no idea of what it really takes to not only pull off a tour of this magnitude but to tour a band of this magnitude too. It could have been a muckup on paperwork? It could be damn near anything. 

For all you know Axl was being respectful to the others as he likes to drink and party, and Slash and Duff presumably do not? Maybe the other guys are fine being put up where management put them, and Axl is paying extra of his own dime to get a better suite/hotel? Maybe he likes the beds better at the other hotel? Maybe he just fucking felt like it? Could be fucking anything, man. You guys are coming off just so dramatic, like you're looking for shit to analyse. During the first few gigs people were saying its imploding because Axl hadn't stood near Slash in a while...I mean, come on. 

I would even argue that they may possibly not be friends, simply colleagues in which case it's not weird for any one colleague on a business trip to go elsewhere away from the group.  If you think three google execs staying at two different hotels in the same city means google is about to go bust you simply lack intelligence.

If any of these people who you love and respect so much knew the sort of things you were thinking/saying about them they would be so sad for you. Seriously, find more important things to give a shit about. 

Jesus, and who's getting dramatic here? Take a relaxing bath maybe or something. It will make you feel better, hopefully.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

*voice of a silly billy* Why does the guy who pays for groups of models and whores and the like and who drinks and probably has drugs around, sleep in a different hotel than his recovering addict friends who have their wives with them?!?!?!

*I turn and look directly into the camera* Gosh, I don't know. I just don't know. I really don't know, why that could be a thing. :facepalm:

Point is he doesn't. He only did it first time so far, in case you havent noticed.

4 minutes ago, Asia said:

Jesus, and who's getting dramatic here? 

Surely not the person who's posted over ten times analysing it in the past few hours?!

2 minutes ago, Asia said:

Point is he doesn't. He only did it first time so far, in case you havent noticed.

No - we hadn't noticed. We don't give a shit, neither should you. If the gigs keep being played, no ones storming off stage, why worry?

Was never trying to offend anyone, as you clearly have taken this to heart (one look at your post history makes it clear as to why), rather I was trying to make a point and hopefully inspire a small amount of change and keep the discussion away from negative assumptions

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

He doesn't what?

Sleep in a different hotel. Which is why it might look a little suspicious if he starts to do so suddenly after many months of touring. But yeah it may be for any reason and mean nothing and im not nor ever was or intended to make a drama out of it so lets just stop already.

42 minutes ago, cqleonardo said:

a brazilian journalist tweeted, he is known here in brazil because he is the first one always to say who is coming to south america to do concerts

This guy has a rock solid reputation for talking 'bout new tours, new albums, and anything related to rock music in general, he posted about the SA Tour leg way before it's announcement. If he says, it is probably true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

If Axl literally sucked their dicks people would analyze whether or not he swallowed and would state that everything's falling apart. What if he did swallow?....only once? They would retort. 

Yes, this was overly graphic. Yes, I regret it.

You shouldn't regret it. If people have a hard time reading those honest words then they probably struggle quite a bit in life to begin with :lol:

• Like 2

Ok so I haven't been on in 4 hours and let me see if I can catch up...

Axl is in a different hotel than the rest of the band and people are freaking out because an incredibly private guy is having his space. Also, no pics or much to base off of but apparently Steven Adler is in Argentina as well. 

Ok..

• Like 1

Very, very cool news. Adds some sort of legitimacy to that article from earlier on today.

Seems that Adler's appearances are up to the promoter and whether or not they decide to try and get him to appear. Would be very interested to see the wording in the contract(s). Looks like when they book GnR they also have an option to book an Adler spot through them or something for whatever gigs they may be promoting, and if Axl and Steven are both cool with it then it's all go?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Very, very cool news. Adds some sort of legitimacy to that article from earlier on today.

Seems that Adler's appearances are up to the promoter and whether or not they decide to try and get him to appear. Would be very interested to see the wording in the contract(s). Looks like when they book GnR they also have an option to book an Adler spot through them or something for whatever gigs they may be promoting, and if Axl and Steven are both cool with it then it's all go?

Yep that's what i got from the article too. Adler is paid separately by the cities promoter. Its up to them to pay the additional fee for his appearance 

I don't know the reasons for the two different hotels thing but I can tell you this; back in 2014 Axl and his band (including Duff) stayed at Faena Hotel, then in 2015 Slash and the Conspirators, Gilby, Duff and the Loaded guys all stayed at the Four Seasons. I'm assuming maybe Slash liked it, maybe Duff found it better than the other.

IMO, it must be something like this, there's no way they would travel together but wouldn't stay at the same hotel when they're not gonna be sharing rooms anyway.

About Steven, the argentinian photographer (who said Steven is apparently going to play in Buenos Aires) works with promoters who have brought Slash, Axl and Duff in the past and they particularly get along really well with Slash, so I'm guessing he probably got the info from them. It would be a major disappointment if Steven doesn't play with them because it really seems to be happening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vloors said:

Yep that's what i got from the article too. Adler is paid separately by the cities promoter. Its up to them to pay the additional fee for his appearance 

Hold it right there!!! Adler performing with GN'R is up to promoters? Not even Axl has a say on the matter? Why don't the promoters also put extra effort (money) to get Izzy at any given show as well or just as permanent member?

Sorry I don't buy it. I'm not so sure I can trust that article

• Like 1