11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

Just now, EricA said:

for more privacy and for sure

more space for intelligent models:wacko:

I dont think you actually get more privacy surrounded by strangers to whom you are a sensation than surrounded by your own people, all of whom are very well trained in respecting your privacy.

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So Axl away from his band mates living in a separate hotel, now what else do we need?

1. Axl showing up late

2. Axl wearing shorts

3. Axl and Slash wearing Argentinian Flag Shirts

4. People throwing stones

5. Axl stopping the show

6. INTERPRETER

7. Axl Ranting

8. Axl trying to speak Spanish

9. Dedicating DTJ to Izzy

10. Sofa

11. Dominoes Delivery Guy 

12. Dead Horse

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Asia said:

I dont think you actually get more privacy surrounded by strangers to whom you are a sensation than surrounded by your own people, all of whom are very well trained in respecting your privacy.

i was only joking...let him stay at the hotel of his choice;)

56 minutes ago, starlight said:

Why is Axl staying at another hotel? This is not a good sign...wtf

Maybe because the Four Seasons is more accessible to the fans than the Faena.

I'm not sure I'll be able to go to that one since it's kinda far from where I'm staying (not so far though) but it's in the port of the city.

• Like 1

Just now, sanity_lost said:

Probably staying in another hotel just so fans have something to overreact about. :P

Im pretty sure its something like this.

Axl is kinda like  "m.jackson" that way.  he knows every little thing he does generates a reaction from fans and media.

One thing about Axl and these shows is he really doesn't like when crowds get rowdy or out of control. I think it stresses him out to see bodies jumping around everywhere. 

He might be the one singer that prefers a crowd to just sit there calmly watching him. 

I think that because of this he avoids doing more for these shows. The last 3 shows have been stripped of a few songs and have slightly lacked energy from Axl

My evidence is based on the answer he gave to Chinese Exchange about how crowds have changed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Here we go again with the "Axl separates himself" speculation.

Last night he was all smiles to Slash. Staying at another hotel is a sign of ...nothing. And what does it have to do with the European tour? :wacko:

Well maybe it is a sign of nothing, yet if I were going somewhere with my friends or even coworkers whom I happen to like than I would want to stay in the same hotel and if I didnt it would probably mean I want nothing to do with them, which, in their case, would not be a good sign for the future of the band. And since I love this band and want to have a chance to see them, then I consider such signs worrying, especially knowing their history. Definitely much more worrying than Axl losing a line in Jungle.

Of course there maybe other reasons or whatever so Im not saying this certainly means problems, probably, hopefully not, but I dont find it irrational to pay attention to such things especially with the reunion being as sensitive as it is. So I dont  exactly understand your reaction. Anyway end of topic, it doesn't deserve that much attention.

And as for Slash and Duff not being bothered - well before the band split things like that did bother them a lot and they both admitted it multiple times. There is a chance that now they dont care anymore but I dont think anyone of us knows enough to be SURE of that or anything at all.

Axl is a really tough guy to analyze. Maybe he's a more reserved person who just wants to do his own thing or maybe he's uncomfortable being around Slash and Duff when they're with their families. As long as he gets up on that stage and gives it 100% every night, his travelling/lodging preferences shouldn't matter.

• Like 2

Could be just hogwash but... 

http://whiplash.net/materias/news_785/252012-gunsnroses.html

Translation below

According to the photographer Tommy Boy, Steven Adler to participate in the show of Guns N 'Roses at the stadium of River Plate in Argentina. It is not known if Steven Adler will participate in two concerts to be held in Argentina, or participate only a date.

This story would have started to unfold when Argentine producers proposed for Axl Rose Steven Adler participate shows. Axl agreed and Steven Adler was promptly invited to attend the shows. However, it is not known if the drummer accepted the proposal to travel to Buenos Aires to play with the band.

The shows will take place at the River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires, in the days 04th and 05th November.

Apparently, the participation of Steven Adler will be restricted to the Argentine territory, since there was no movement on the part of Brazilian producers to bring the drummer for Brazil.

2 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe they don't want to get sick of the sight of each other either.

I dont think they're sick of each other after not seeing one another for twenty plus years. Also in that case Slash and Duff wouldnt be travelling to see him with AcDc.

Since the hotel is further away from the fans that maybe the most logical reason.

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Maybe they don't want to get sick of the sight of each other either.

Correct, people forget that Axl is notorious for being an unpleasant person to be around when he's not happy and I guarantee he's not going to be happy all the time. The only people that can deal with him all the time are his family (Beta, Fernando) the last thing this tour needs is Axl and Slash to have a falling out due to a bad night at the hotel. 

They will spend the next year or two together, I think it will be just fine if they don't share a hotel every night  

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Correct, people forget that Axl is notorious for being an unpleasant person to be around when he's not happy and I guarantee he's not happy 24/7 there. The only people that can deal with him all the time are his family (Beta, Fernando) the last thing this tour needs is Axl and Slash to have a falling out due to a bad night at the hotel. 

They will spend the next year or two together, I think it will be just fine if they don't share a hotel every night  

But they dont live in one room there. They have huge suites there, probably not even close to one another. They could probably live there for year without even seeing each other much. The reason is probably more prosaic like I stated above.

To be completely fair, none of you (us) have any idea what you're talking about. You (we) have no idea of what it really takes to not only pull off a tour of this magnitude but to tour a band of this magnitude too. It could have been a muckup on paperwork? It could be damn near anything. 

For all you know Axl was being respectful to the others as he likes to drink and party, and Slash and Duff presumably do not? Maybe the other guys are fine being put up where management put them, and Axl is paying extra of his own dime to get a better suite/hotel? Maybe he likes the beds better at the other hotel? Maybe he just fucking felt like it? Could be fucking anything, man. You guys are coming off just so dramatic, like you're looking for shit to analyse. During the first few gigs people were saying its imploding because Axl hadn't stood near Slash in a while...I mean, come on. 

I would even argue that they may possibly not be friends, simply colleagues in which case it's not weird for any one colleague on a business trip to go elsewhere away from the group.  If you think three google execs staying at two different hotels in the same city means google is about to go bust you simply lack intelligence.

If any of these people who you love and respect so much knew the sort of things you were thinking/saying about them they would be so sad for you. Seriously, find more important things to give a shit about. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

During the first few gigs people were saying its imploding because Axl hadn't stood near Slash in a while...I mean, come on. 

There was also disappointment on Slash's birthday because Axl didn't bring a cake on stage and he just wished "happy birthday" :lol: