11/04/16 - Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium

alfierose

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

Hold it right there!!! Adler performing with GN'R is up to promoters? Not even Axl has a say on the matter? Why don't the promoters also put extra effort (money) to get Izzy at any given show as well or just as permanent member?

Sorry I don't buy it. I'm not so sure I can trust that article

Im sure Axl/slash/duff gives approval and final say. With Izzy i think he probably wants a hell of a lot more then what steven gets. And probably stakes in merchandise and other revenue etc otherwise he would of accepted their offer. 

Izzy was obviously asking for too much and the others werent going to split the loot equalling (his words)

Steven is happy to be there for the fans and a fee. 

Edited by vloors

11 minutes ago, Padme said:

Hold it right there!!! Adler performing with GN'R is up to promoters? Not even Axl has a say on the matter? Why don't the promoters also put extra effort (money) to get Izzy at any given show as well or just as permanent member?

6 minutes ago, vloors said:

Im sure Axl/slash/duff gives approval and final say. With Izzy i think he probably wants a hell of a lot more then what steven gets. And probably stakes in merchandise and other revenue etc otherwise he would of accepted their offer

That article isn't really clear. It says the argentinian promoters proposed the idea of bringing Steven to Axl and he agreed but it was yet to be known whether Steven had accepted the offer. They don't even talk about money. Personally, it would make more sense to me if it was like the promoters saying "we'd like Steven to be part of the shows, fans have been asking about him" and Axl going "ok, we'll bring him". I mean, I don't think Steven would miss pretty much every show just because of money. I think he would be willing to take 5K (or even less) per show as long as he was allowed to be with his friends and his fans on a daily basis.

47 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Well fuck, maybe we have a chance of Adler being at our show bro since that promoter guy is so enthusiastic...that would be a really cool bonus.

Pretty much what I was thinking too, they have a pretty big fanbase down under. I almost expect him to show up in Sydney or something at least now haha such dumb optimism

Edited by cremefraiche

So Steven is basically a add on? The promoter asks for a Steven, then the Big 3 agree and makes a deal with Steven?

The money which the Big 3 demand from the promoter for the add on do they fully pay it to Steve or even take thier commission in that?

like seriously man let Steven play at least all the AFD songs at all the shows. 

9 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So Steven is basically a add on? The promoter asks for a Steven, then the Big 3 agree and makes a deal with Steven?

The money which the Big 3 demand from the promoter for the add on do they fully pay it to Steve or even take thier commission in that?

I don't think it's like that at all. Why would the promoters pay extra money to get Steven when they sell the tickets anyway? And even if Steven could make a difference in sales, they should announce he's gonna be there, otherwise it seems to be a gift from the promoters to the fans and I don't see them doing something like that.

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

Izzy never played all the AFD tunes when he joined new Guns. Axl has to think about Frank as well? but then I know Axl thought about having 2 drummers live. Maybe he doesn't want to send the wrong message? by that I mean if you give them too much Adler, it could backfire. He's mostly trying to sell fans this line up, with a bonus of Adler. That's the way it looks like to me.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Sorry, but wich article are we talking about?tia

This is a great find, so Steven is staying with the rest of the band. 

53 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

IMG_2131.JPG

i googeld the two hotels in Argentina, this is at the Four Seasons reception

IMG_2130.JPG

Same carpet. So Adler is with Slash. 

The one Axl is staying at has red decor and doesn't look as nice as this one. 

4 minutes ago, agustingloger said:

I was wondering... River plate is where they played their final gig togheter 23 years ago.. do you think this place means something to them? i mean come on is impossible not to.. so i'm hoping that's bringing the fire back in Axl ... maybe is because i'm going and i love them but  you can feel it in the air something's happening

Those 2 last nights ar river plate were the best gigs of 93 in my opinion. Everyone was on point and there was a terrific setlist.