Is the new line-up forever?

Do you guys think the current re-union line-up will stay around for a long while? What I'm really asking is... are Duff and Slash official members of the band, like... really back in Guns N' Roses... or are they just "hired Guns" for the Not in this Lifetime Tour? Do you think Axl has learned the importance of having them back in the band, or do you think he would dare carry on again without them after the success of this tour? I've been wondering lately how permanent the reunion will be. I personally hope they put out a record... with or without Izzy... just anything, please! I'm also hoping the recent performance with Steven Adler made Axl realize how vital Steven's drumming is for the true GNR sound. I think Steven is perfectly capable of learning the Illusions and Chinese era songs... and it would be really rad if he came on full time, no offense to Frank. At this point... I think anything is possible. 

• Like 1

I don't see anything drastic changing for two years. If they record an album it will likely turn that into a 6 year run. Then who knows what will come of the band. I think Axl would like his remaining work to be with Slash, Duff and Angus. 

Angus will eventually play a role. I think gnr will be on break after this world tour ends so Slash can finish his solo work, Duff can do some solo stuff and Axl can help Angus finish his historic career. 

• Like 1

Nothing lasts forever, even cold November Rain.

I don't see any other formation other than having Axl, Slash, Duff.  Maybe a full reunion someday.

When they decide to retire, I hope it isn't the cliché 10 years and 5 Farewell tours like some others do.

• Like 1

GnR songs are so difficult to sing live to the point where it's not that Axl isn't giving as much effort as he was in 2006 or in 2010, i'd argue he's giving more effort, however his body physically won't be able to do it for another ten years without seriously having to strain and potentially damaging his voice and/or people saying he sucks and he's lost "it".

Maybe they'll do a final run in a couple of years after a new album, and then he'll start scoring films or something? Or shelve the GnR name, call it a day mutually with Slash and Duff and go on as a solo artist?

I can't see it becoming a KISS scenario where they have 5,000 farewell tours because the public's opinion of GnR is volatile enough as it is and Axl's a perfectionist as well as a pretty sensitive guy it seems, not to mention if Axl went out there as a 65 year old welcoming some young girl to the jungle would just be laughable (see: KISS). 

Who knows though right, it's all pretty exciting and seems to be pretty up in the air even among the GnR camp - at that China Exchange talk Axl's words were (I think) that they hope to keep the current line up "going for a while."

• Like 1

I can see Axl doing whatever he wants to do, as always, and that also goes for making a new album without Slash and Duff. Going on tour again without them wouldn't make a lot of sense from a marketing point of view, but maybe Axl wants to retire from touring after this current tour... who knows?

I think a new album would consist out of many musicians like CD, maybe a few with Slash and Duff, but it will be all the stuff that he's been holding back all these years and has been working on for so long. A new album with Slash and Duff fulltime on board and them co-writing songs is way into the future, IF that is going to happen at all. At least that's what I think.

Once when Axl decided to  reconcile with Slash and Duff that was the end of any replacement or hired guns.  There is no way GNR would survive after this tour without Slash nor Duff.  I can see them doing two maybe three albums. 

1 hour ago, nevergotochurch said:

Do you guys think the current re-union line-up will stay around for a long while? What I'm really asking is... are Duff and Slash official members of the band, like... really back in Guns N' Roses... or are they just "hired Guns" for the Not in this Lifetime Tour? Do you think Axl has learned the importance of having them back in the band, or do you think he would dare carry on again without them after the success of this tour? I've been wondering lately how permanent the reunion will be. I personally hope they put out a record... with or without Izzy... just anything, please! I'm also hoping the recent performance with Steven Adler made Axl realize how vital Steven's drumming is for the true GNR sound. I think Steven is perfectly capable of learning the Illusions and Chinese era songs... and it would be really rad if he came on full time, no offense to Frank. At this point... I think anything is possible. 

the question i am asking is how long wil it take for this Richard dude to leave

so Izzy can get back full time and we can have GNR again

• Like 1

I think if Axl wants to continue without Slash and Duff he will. Didn't he say at the China exchange interview that he has stuff planned and "hopes" Slash will be a part of it? Or something like that. 

• Like 1

I think that Slash and Duff will be full members until the end of GNR, people won't accept another nugnr.

Axl's voice is a big concern, as gnr songs needs always rasp, he should release some albums using his clean voice (like The seeker)  making easier to sing or he won't be able to finish a concert without damaging his voice in the future

• Like 1

Obviously they are going to be busy through the next year. After the others will probably return to their other bands and Axl may take on further AC/DC stuff, beyond that it's hard to tell. Hopefully the spark and incentive will be there for at least one more album - it's hard to tell at this point whether this is a final, glorious swan song or whether they have the appetite for further album and touring cycles. Once they finish up the NITL tour any financial burdens they may have had will have gone so if new music comes it will be because they really want it. I'm pretty sure Slash and Duff would but Axl I'm 50/50 on - I could see him preferring to step out of the limelight and into the film score stuff he often mentions.

Just now, Jw224 said:

I think if Axl wants to continue without Slash and Duff he will. Didn't he say at the China exchange interview that he has stuff planned and "hopes" Slash will be a part of it? Or something like that. 

Axl does what Axl does regardless of what people want or not want him to do. It is Axl. What else can we expect from him?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Axl does what Axl does regardless of what people want or not want him to do. It is Axl. What else can we expect from him?

Yeah I don't know why but I'm thinking Axl would totally just continue without them if they don't want to be a part of what he has planned. 

GnR is Axl's band, so only he knows what the future of the band is after this tour

Hell, he could do one-man acoustic shows at dive bars under the moniker Guns N' Roses and would have every right to do so