Serial Killers/Prisoners Thread

john lennon

12 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

You're right. Let's talk about something more socially appropriate, like, oh I don't know, chestless women at the Olympics! :lol:

I was accusing it of morbidity, not a lack of political correctness!

As most know here, I'm about as pc as Attila the Hun.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this actually makes me feel better about my interest in morbid subjects such as serial killers! although i guess it's pretty widespread, here we have about a million true crime shows and all those CSI and such shows. i only watch the real ones, does that make me even more morbid?

have you read about Fred and Rose WEST? I think they were our most prolific serial killers in UK.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

have you read about Fred and Rose WEST? I think they were our most prolific serial killers in UK.

Harold Shipman killed many more people than Fred and Rose West. Over 200 apparently.

• Like 2

Shipman was curiously low-key, wasn't he? Curiously British? He might just be the world's most prolific serial killer, yet you never heard of the guy again once he was caught. I remember vaguely reading that he committed suicide in jail but I cannot even be bothered to confirm if that is true on wikipedia. If this was America there would be at least two feature films, a plethora of books and multiple tv specials about the guy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Shipman was curiously low-key, wasn't he? Curiously British? He might just be the world's most prolific serial killer, yet you never heard of the guy again once he was caught. I remember vaguely reading that he committed suicide in jail but I cannot even be bothered to confirm if that is true on wikipedia. If this was America there would be at least two feature films, a plethora of books and multiple tv specials about the guy.

we have a guy here, he was called the BTK Killer ( bind, torture and kill ) and i remember seeing him and thinking THIS is the killer? he was so non descript, he spoke with little emotion, and yes there was a movie about him but i never had the slightest desire to see it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2016-08-20 at 8:28 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this actually makes me feel better about my interest in morbid subjects such as serial killers! although i guess it's pretty widespread, here we have about a million true crime shows and all those CSI and such shows. i only watch the real ones, does that make me even more morbid?

Late to the party again but nah dude nah

Morbid shit's always interesting for some reason... I mean like you said just look at how many shows there are, right? It's like we're all drawn to death and all that somehow. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Late to the party again but nah dude nah

Morbid shit's always interesting for some reason... I mean like you said just look at how many shows there are, right? It's like we're all drawn to death and all that somehow. 

death is the greatest mystery of all...

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

death is the greatest mystery of all...

and eventually that's the state (or no-state) we'll all inevitably end up in n so on n so on

i mean idk a lot but that's gotta have something to do with something

honestly i'm just terribly hungover and not quite sure what the fuck i'm talking about 

• Like 1

Just now, john lennon said:

and eventually that's the state (or no-state) we'll all inevitably end up in n so on n so on

i mean idk a lot but that's gotta have something to do with something

honestly i'm just terribly hungover and not quite sure what the fuck i'm talking about 

lol been there done that :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

The greatest fear, not really much mysterious about it, you stop living and thats it, permanent bedtime except without the dreams.

well to me it's a mystery, no one can tell you how it turns out :) can you say for 100% certainty that's what happens? everyone has their own ideas but no one has the proven answer. that's mysterious in my book anyway

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Good ol' Charles Panzram. Someone that you'd definitely not what to mess with. I like his quotes, as well. If I remember right he said of one of his victims "He'll never be deader". Also, he committed a few crimes in New Haven, so a shout out for that!

2 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

well to me it's a mystery, no one can tell you how it turns out :) can you say for 100% certainty that's what happens? everyone has their own ideas but no one has the proven answer. that's mysterious in my book anyway

The only reason its mysterious is cuz we desperately want it to be but the scientific reality is that the length of breadth of our perception occurs in our brain and once that bastard signs off its curtains for us.  The rest is just human desperation wanting there to be some greater meaning to it all.  But there isn't.  

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

The only reason its mysterious is cuz we desperately want it to be but the scientific reality is that the length of breadth of our perception occurs in our brain and once that bastard signs off its curtains for us.  The rest is just human desperation wanting there to be some greater meaning to it all.  But there isn't.  

i hope there is. sometimes science doesn't know as much as it thinks it does! besides i have a date w/Bon Scott in the afterlife :)