NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

22 minutes ago, novemberparadise23 said:

The journalist actually came in with prior knowledge and had some great questions. Its about time !

Well he did mix up izzy and Steven but for those who watched the China exchange interview, yes it was a nice change of pace! 

That being said, Trunk would have been just fine..

I thought it would be a fluff piece and it wasn't. It was a good interview. I get the feeling that Axl was watching his words a bit. Duff's facial expressions was interesting when Axl talked about Izzy.  I think the interview implied new music. There was definitely a portion taken out. 

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

Not so sure about Matt honestly, but I couldn't care less haha. As long as they're open to letting Steven have a bigger role and they're open to working with Izzy, then I'm 100% satisfied.

Well a year ago we all would have bet both balls that they'd deal with Matt before Steven. There's no evidence that Axl hates sorum beyond belief right now. You have 3 people and 1 set of drums to work out so..

Axl was so very careful when answering questions. I'll have to watch it again. Any questions that were skirting on things he felt were personal he made the answers very impersonal and sketched over a little. Except for AC/DC he brighten up like a light bulb. So did Duff for that matter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanity_lost said:

Axl was so very careful when answering questions. I'll have to watch it again. Any questions that were skirting on things he felt were personal he made the answers very impersonal and sketched over a little. Except for AC/DC he brighten up like a light bulb. So did Duff for that matter.

You really expected different? Seriously? 

Just so you know... Slash was NOT there

11 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

- The izzy thing was awkward but has been a consistent Axl answer. "Hey we should do this", then izzy is in Trinidad riding cars that will die in two seconds. The way he said it tho.. Pretty clear they're agreeing to disagree with izzy but the band does want izzy back in. Izzy not being on stage is because izzy doesn't want to be so, the fans that want izzy, like myself, are being denied because izzy thinks he has a point. Cool. I guess :P 

Pretty much. Axl almost malfunctions while talking about him but at the end described him perfectly: "His thing is kinda his thing, whatever that is". LMAO

• Like 1

I didn't get the impression at all that Axl was acting weird or something? In fact, I was thinking damn- the dude doesn't look 54 and seems like he's pretty happy these days.

Well, except for the part about TB. That got a little weird for a bit. But he said he likes the family aspect, so I think people should be happy for him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

On the version that aired only on TV they did a small interview with the Lebeis family.

Vanessa says her job is to get Axl ready for the stage. Up until this year that must have been the worst job on the planet.

Well Axl was never late for the "Not in this lifetime" stadium tour in the us that took place this summer so... Apparently she finally started taking her job seriously? 

3 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Cool interview -- didn't seem like the typical fluff piece so kudos for that. Axl seemed a bit evasive (and sedated) -- Duff looked like he was following Axl's lead and seemed a bit nervous (imho). I didn't feel much camaraderie between Duff and Axl.I wonder if they were just tired or what the deal was -- I figured they'd be more energetic and vibing like old friends.

Re: reforming the band -- Zero enthusiasm on Axl's side, just a very clinical answer about the Coachella guy setting up the dates and then him calling up Slash, etc. 

*Re: Slash -- "What was it like to see Slash again? Awkward? ..." -- "Uh..we had dinner, then we went to rehearsals..." huh? How about -- "Well i hadn't seen him in 20 years -- it was great to see him again..." Just a strange way to answer that question considering you had just reconnected with an old friend again.

Re: band rehearsals -- Again, a strange reply from Axl. You'd think he'd talk about how it sounded great to hear them play together again -- that they hadn't lost a beat despite 20 years going by...nothing. Just a clinical answer like "we went to rehearsals. Slash and I had dinner. Duff and I hung out."

Re: Team Brazil - That portion was uncomfortable to watch. Just plain weird. He did not come off like a normal person at all when talking about this.

Re: Steven and Izzy - Super evasive, especially about Steven. Is he in or is he out dude? Again -- nothing about what it was like to play with Steven again after 25 years like "that was a lot of fun -- I had forgotten what it was like to play with him!" 

The vibe I get from this interview is that they haven't really patched up completely. It seems like more of a work in progress and they're just taking it a step at a time and trying to figure out things as they go. 

I mostly agree with your posts but in this case I think we should give them a break. It's normal. It had been 23 years. More than 20 years without talking to someone and being in a ugly feud, as much as you love the person - as I believe they really love and care with each other - you don't simple plunge in. It takes time. And things are being worked out. Remember what Axl use to say about his ex-band mates? Now, he doesn't  even close the door neither to Steven or Izzy. 

About Slash what could he have said? We all know it was awkward. It was probably emotional as a fuck. He's not ready to share and that's ok.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Pretty much. Axl almost malfunctions while talking about him but at the end described him perfectly: "His thing is kinda his thing, whatever that is". LMAO

Exactly! It goes back to the same point I keep making about izzy.. From axls point of view, fortus has done nothing wrong so he's not gonna cut fortus unnecessarily. So, with what he has, he's trying to work Izzy back in as well as he can but izzy sees things differently.

Its like quitting your job, then wanting it back. The person who took your place is doing a fine job but, you think since you contributed so much to the business that you should probably be making as much money as the top dawgs, especially when you helped form that business. Axl very much walked the fine line and has made it clear izzy can come back any time he feels like it, it's up to izzy. But then again, izzy apparently feels he shouldn't be a guest and should be a face of this thing. So...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well Axl was never late for the "Not in this lifetime" stadium tour in the us that took place this summer so... Apparently she finally started taking her job seriously? 

Nah I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with her - there were always weird shit regarding his tardiness