NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

20 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

maybe Axl himself can't quite put into words the emotions he felt seeing Slash again. 

it's not black and white. Emotions like these are very complex. you feel the entire spectrum of human emotions in the first couple of minutes of seeing each other, it then settles to "one emotion" and then as weeks go by and months (after playing shows etc), you experience even more new emotions, and it all transforms and evolves constantly.

I think we can all pretty much guess how Axl and Slash felt meeting up and playing together.

they are smiling together on stage and patting their backs and stuff. But that's the surface. There will always be some kind of "mild constraint". They have been fighting for 20 years or so, you don't erase that very quickly. They know how fragile their bond was, is, and while they're happy they are cautious too.

But at the end of the day, at least they LIKE being on stage together. It could have been differently. that's what we should conclude.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, shotsfired cro said:

huh!?

they got to talk in Oct 2015, but they seriously began taking it further and seeing what they might have on the table in spring!?

But in the spring following their oct meeting we already had tour announced and shows played in April!?!?!?

Isn't it March april and May are spring in the USA? If that's the case it makes perfect sense in the timeline why bumble and ash a left in june July? 

Then Axl put the wheels in motion in October 

4 hours ago, Nicklord said:

So basically Steven would be involved in tour if he was healthy. Bad luck I guess :( 

Matched the story that (now who was it who told this? Eddie Trunk? my memory fails me) was quoted before when Steven didn't appear to play at the Troub and Coachella (where he was kinda first expected)

Btw...it seems like they really considered a whole reunion.

Stevens back injury + izzys declination + the fact that Axl didn't want them to play cd songs...sounds a lot like: it was planned to be a real reunion. On the other hand...why no Gilby and Matt then?

15 minutes ago, maxpax said:

Btw...it seems like they really considered a whole reunion.

Stevens back injury + izzys declination + the fact that Axl didn't want them to play cd songs...sounds a lot like: it was planned to be a real reunion. On the other hand...why no Gilby and Matt then?

Because the door is still open for Steven and Izzy if it all lines up

• Like 1

This interview exceeded my expectations!

I only wanted to know about new music and i got it with some much more!

If their mind goes to the artworks i'd say there are confident about new music, if not they would have made a joke or said something like "hopefullly there's gonna be new music", About Steven it seems like there was plan for him to be more involved but he can't phisically, Izzy is being Izzy and i'm not surprised at all.

Duff is so proud of Axl in ACDC, it's cute :heart:

About the money/emotion debate, i think it's not so cut and dry? Like, they said themself they talked and when the interviewer asked specifically about feelings they dodged the hell out of it, to me it looks like emotional talks took place and they don't want to have their feelings plastered all over the internet, they could have made a joke like "Yeah, we all grow up" but i think it's a sensitive topic to them so they changed topic, Slash said that the media fanned the flames of the feud, look, we're analizing the shit out of 15 minutes, so they would want to give as little as possible in term of talking about feelings, it's not like them being emotional while talking to the press has EVER played in their favour, especially Axl seems very cautious, he hurried to say he wasn't taking any shots at Izzy.

And how funny it was, talking about the dodged question, them seeing that they worked together on the tempos, it's not all Frank :lol:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, maxpax said:

I just sum up a few of my thoughts:

The interviewer forgot a few question: where is slash? What about Matt and Gilby? When could we expect new music? Which music Will be on this record? Will you play new songs live in Brazil? Will there be a live dvd? What about old footage? Is there a chance for releasing stuff from 86-93?

Coachella was the main reason for a reunion? So you mean...MONEY was the real reason for a reunion.

The whole thing about calling slash, eating and playing with him sounds super professional. It seems like it's all about work between Axl and Slash. The whole story sounds very unemotional to me. Its all about business. Nothing more.

So...Steven could join the band on full term later on this tour?

And Izzy wanted to join first, but then he declined? It sounds like that to me.

Axl showed Slash and Duff the Rest of CD and this will/could be the new record?

Yes, where was Slash? As it happened backstage at a concert, he was definitely there. So they maybe just wait for a better opportunity ( and more money) for an interview with both of them????

Sounds like that. Axl called Slash because of all the money he will get for a reunion show with him ....  many slaxl hearts may break as it was not because they wanted to be friends again ...

32 minutes ago, giuls said:

This interview exceeded my expectations!

I only wanted to know about new music and i got it with some much more!

If their mind goes to the artworks i'd say there are confident about new music, if not they would have made a joke or said something like "hopefullly there's gonna be new music", About Steven it seems like there was plan for him to be more involved but he can't phisically, Izzy is being Izzy and i'm not surprised at all.

Duff is so proud of Axl in ACDC, it's cute :heart:

About the money/emotion debate, i think it's not so cut and dry? Like, they said themself they talked and when the interviewer asked specifically about feelings they dodged the hell out of it, to me it looks like emotional talks took place and they don't want to have their feelings plastered all over the internet, they could have made a joke like "Yeah, we all grow up" but i think it's a sensitive topic to them so they changed topic, Slash said that the media fanned the flames of the feud, look, we're analizing the shit out of 15 minutes, so they would want to give as little as possible in term of talking about feelings, it's not like them being emotional while talking to the press has EVER played in their favour, especially Axl seems very cautious, he hurried to say he wasn't taking any shots at Izzy.

And how funny it was, talking about the dodged question, them seeing that they worked together on the tempos, it's not all Frank :lol:

ITA. This interview was more than we were expecting. It's obvious that they don't want to talk about their relationship and their feelings and it's understandable. If Slash was there, it would have been more difficult to avoid such questons. There are still issues between them that they will need time to get over. It doesn' mean that it's all about money and unemotional. Otherwise, Axl would have picked up the phone years ago.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

it really comes off as though the band is basically a business, and if Axl, Slash and Duff's people didnt call each other perhaps this would have never happened. Its not like Axl or Duff expressed any genuine happiness that they were playing again... perhaps the questions werent directed in a way to show that also... Maybe thats why Izzy won't play with them, because its all about making the money, rather than a genuine decision that, yes, they actually wanted to reform the band because it would be cool to play with each other again...

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Yes, where was Slash? As it happened backstage at a concert, he was definitely there. So they maybe just wait for a better opportunity ( and more money) for an interview with both of them????

Sounds like that. Axl called Slash because of all the money he will get for a reunion show with him ....  many slaxl hearts may break as it was not because they wanted to be friends again ...

I simply think they don't want to talk about emotions and it being analized to death on the internet, Slash said he doesn't want to work with people he doesn't get on with and i think there's too much history between them that they can be unemotional enought to be only collegue, if they could be it would have happened earlier. 

I don't care about Sorum either :P

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dtjmf13 said:

it really comes off as though the band is basically a business, and if Axl, Slash and Duff's people didnt call each other perhaps this would have never happened. Its not like Axl or Duff expressed any genuine happiness that they were playing again... perhaps the questions werent directed in a way to show that also... Maybe thats why Izzy won't play with them, because its all about making the money, rather than a genuine decision that, yes, they actually wanted to reform the band because it would be cool to play with each other again...

Their people wouldn't have called each other and started negotiating without their permission. Some time ago, if someone from Axl's camp talked with Slash's management, Axl would have thrown him out of the window :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, maxpax said:

But you care about Frank?

No, not particulary, i don't really care about drummers not named Charlie Watts on a personal level, Frank does his job and i have no problems with him, having Steve back because reunion of the AF5 would be great but i don't care about Sorum :shrugs: