NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

Axl's answer about Steven was really bizarre. He has no idea about what's gonna happen with Steven? If he (or they) don't know, then who does? I thought he was gonna say something like "he might join us from time to time but Frank is our drummer now". At the same time, it kinda gives hope that he might have a bigger role once he's 100% recovered.

Also, unlike what everyone of us thought, it seems Duff wasn't that crucial on getting the reunion going.

Such a shame Slash wasn't part of the interview, especially considering this was just before they hit the stage, so he was obviously there.

Now it's safe to say Fantastico is the most fantastic tv show ever!! :D

I got chills when the guy asked him how it all went down with Slash..

It really does sound like the door isn't shut on Steven and Izzy.. Or anyone for that matter.  They just signed up for Coachella and ran with no set plan.. Who the hell knows what could happen in the future.

The guy butchered the question about new music! Goddamn it! Turned it into something stupid about physical albums. There seemed to be a cut in the middle of Axl's answer, which I found very strange. Did he say something he shouldn't have and asked for it to be edited out?

Between China Exchange and this, Axl has actually dished out some decent nuggets.

That was a pretty awesome interview. It's always fascinating to hear Axl talk and share his opinions.

The damn interviewer started to ask about new music....but then kept babbling and didn't let Axl answer. And it morphed into how new music is released.  I wish he would have let Axl answer the initial question!!!

Just now, BorderlineCrazy said:

Axl's answer about Steven was really bizarre. He has no idea about what's gonna happen with Steven? If he (or they) don't know, then who does? I thought he was gonna say something like "he might join us from time to time but Frank is our drummer now". At the same time, it kinda gives hope that he might have a bigger role once he's 100% recovered.

Also, unlike what everyone of us thought, it seems Duff wasn't that crucial on getting the reunion going.

Such a shame Slash wasn't part of the interview, especially considering this was just before they hit the stage, so he was obviously there.

Now it's safe to say Fantastico is the most fantastic tv show ever!! :D

I'm sure Duff had a very important role... Remember they first met by accident in a hotel in 2010. Because of that, Duff then joined nuGNR for the show. And then, when Stinson was gone, Axl called Duff to fill in for the SouthAmerican tour. I'm sure that on that tour, they talked about it. I'm sure that Duff started to tell him that Slash wasn't the devil. Otherwise, not even Coachella could have reunited them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Apollo said:

That was a pretty awesome interview. It's always fascinating to hear Axl talk and share his opinions.

The damn interviewer started to ask about new music....but then kept babbling and didn't let Axl answer. And it morphed into how new music is released.  I wish he would have let Axl answer the initial question!!!

Something was up with the new music question, they cut something from that. 

19 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Anyone else think Axl looks high af? :lol:

Yes. Something in his eyes. And when talking about TB he got really weird :unsure:

3 minutes ago, DexAxl said:

Can't believe he started asking about new music and then turned that brilliant question into shitty question like does it bother you that nobody buys physical albums anymore.:facepalm:

Omg yes!!! He may have asked that without permission so he tried to save face by adding that shitty part at the end, so that they wouldn't end the interview abruptly :P

Props to the journalist. Very good job and he tried to know exactly how it was with Slash, but Axl knows how to avoid an answer haha They really look happy! It's all good. The look on Duff's face when Axl talked about Slash. The inside joke about CD layers. Izzy and Steven it's hard but not impossible. They didn't deny new music. It was perfect! Never in my wildest dreams I would though we would get such an amazing interview. Now get your ass to Europe! :wub:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

Yes. Something in his eyes. And when talking about TB he got really weird :unsure:

Yeah the eyes is what caught my attention. And yeah after joking about Beta's family, when he tried to seriously answer the question he got very.. emotional.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I kind of think he is always medicated.. I think he has always had mental health issues.. After Guns split he just got plain weird.. Maybe he is on some meds or something.

3 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The guy butchered the question about new music! Goddamn it! Turned it into something stupid about physical albums. There seemed to be a cut in the middle of Axl's answer, which I found very strange. Did he say something he shouldn't have and asked for it to be edited out?

Between China Exchange and this, Axl has actually dished out some decent nuggets.

I blame it on a lack of intervening skills. I hear it a lot on podcasts. People never just ask a question and wait for the answer. Instead they ask the question...and then throw out options for the guest to choose from. 

Example - instead of just saying "how was your day" they will say "how was your day? Was it good or bad or did you go somewhere? How was your day."

That's what this host did several times. He would ask a simple question but then talk 10-20 more seconds throwing out potential answers. 

Just ask the question and then shut up and let the person answer. 

3 minutes ago, dgnr said:

Props to the journalist. Very good job and he tried to know exactly how it was with Slash, but Axl knows how to avoid an answer haha They really look happy! It's all good. The look on Duff's face when Axl talked about Slash. The inside joke about CD layers. Izzy and Steven it's hard but not impossible. They didn't deny new music. It was perfect! Never in my wildest dreams I would though we would get such an amazing interview. Now get your ass to Europe! :wub:

Exactly. Even if I had high expectations, this would have been better. I'm on cloud nine.

2 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Yeah the eyes is what caught my attention. And yeah after joking about Beta's family, when he tried to seriously answer the question he got very.. emotional.

No kidding. 

Earlier in the topic people were saying how sad it was that Axl had TB and no wife. He looked like he was holding back tears when he was talking about how much they've helped him in life. Guess posters on here don't know Axl as well as they think they do. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Things were definitely edited out.. I thought the guy did a good job. People probably had him walking on eggshells.