Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

8 minutes ago, RONIN said:

The rumor on this thread is that Izzy was offered 40k for 4 shows. I'm assuming that's a paltry 10k/show while the other three make a million each. 

Then Axl and Duff throw him under the bus in that interview with their condescending "that crazy izzy" schtick.

No wonder Izzy told them all to fuck off.

There are no credible numbers of any kind regarding the topic. Only that they are not equal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i bet he said he was in 100% for all shows but his role in the band was reduced due to axl's loyalty towards fortus and then was delegated to guest spots where he would be receiving a little bit more than what he had been making for his previous spots with axl 

funny when axl really needed izzy to establish some sort of credibility with his nuguns, izzy was there in spades and sang well on 14 years etc 

and now the tables are reversed and axl didn't find a way to make it work 

Umm... Izzy was quoted as saying he told Axl he wanted to join and Axl said okay. Not Axl asking Izzy to join for credibility.

15 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Izzy was there for the BIG money Axl gave him, not for loyalty.  Izzy´s motivation is the $$$$$$$$, takes first place for what have shown. Now Axl is in another position, has to share with Slash and Duff.

Adler would perform a guest spot for free, that´s the difference with Izzy.

you're a bit of a goof for saying that as the past has shown that izzy is not there for the money 

he quit and left lots of money on the table when axl started to be a jack ass 

• Like 1

If he wanted to make money, he would have done solo shows, done interviews for money. 

He wants to have a peaceful life, he does what he likes.

When it comes to GNR, many of you are pointing out that Izzy is greedy, he is NOT. He had started the band with his friends, now when they are back, why shouldn't he get the equal amount? So this pissed him off. 

You know like that everyone is greedy. Axl, Duff and Slash are way more greedy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

If he wanted to make money, he would have done solo shows, done interviews for money. 

He wants to have a peaceful life, he does what he likes.

When it comes to GNR, many of you are pointing out that Izzy is greedy, he is NOT. He had started the band with his friends, now when they are back, why shouldn't he get the equal amount? So this pissed him off. 

You know like that everyone is greedy. Axl, Duff and Slash are way more greedy. 

He got paid all sorts a few times to show at concerts with Axl so I don't see how he isn't motivated by money. If he wasn't he would have came when Axl asked him or not at all. I'm not trying to say that Axl and Co aren't motivated by money, but there's a theme going on that Izzy somehow isn't? 

Edited by Jw224

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

Its like 5 guys started a company and made a TV and that TV was very successful but over the years the company shut down. 

Then after 25 years the company starts to operate selling the same TV again, so the 4th and 5th business partner should get the equal amount of money of the sales of that 25 year old TV which the 5 of them made. 

It's nothing like that.

There was success selling TV's. 1 guy was then voted out and another quit shortly after its success to focus on other endeavors. The TV company then reorganized, where they then operated and attempted to grow the company over the next few years. 

While making a new TV model, 2 more people decided to then quit manufacturing/new TV side of the business, and focus on the models that still sold well from the past. Their focus will now be to maximize exposure for those old TV's

The remaining member decided to take the company to China to manufacture a brand new model under a similar name. However the 3 people maintained its original business and financial  interests with the older models in the states Since they still made money. 

After a long amount of time, after growing/maintaining the brand even more that it's still relevant 25 yrs later, the other guy comes back from China and wants to make reopen business with the other 2. Since they've been working together during this entire time on those old models, it's an easy transition. They are now in talks of making a new TV in the states again.

In the meantime the 2 original members who were voted out and quit, still make $ from the old tvs and all the decisions the other 3 make. Not a bad deal...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It's nothing like that.

There was success selling TV's. 1 guy was then voted out and another quit shortly after its success to focus on other endeavors. The TV company then reorganized, where they then operated and attempted to grow the company over the next few years. 

While making a new TV model, 2 more people decided to then quit manufacturing/new TV side of the business, and focus on the models that still sold well from the past. Their focus will now be to maximize exposure for those old TV's

The remaining member decided to take the company to China to manufacture a brand new model under a similar name. However the 3 people maintained its original business and financial  interests with the older models in the states Since they still made money. 

After a long amount of time, after growing/maintaining the brand even more that it's still relevant 25 yrs later, the other guy comes back from China and wants to make reopen business with the other 2. Since they've been working together during this entire time on those old models, it's an easy transition. They are now in talks of making a new TV in the states again.

In the meantime the 2 original members who were voted out and quit, still make $ from the old tvs and all the decisions the other 3 make. Not a bad deal...

Lock the thread.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Izzy only has one good album and its not better than Chinese Democracy.

Considering I (and a few others judging by a recent poll) cannot decide on our own 'favourite Izzy album', this statement is clearly not true.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

One of my favorite things about this thread is that we don't even really know what Izzy was referencing in his tweet. It may have been his fees for showing up on stage with the band as everyone is assuming here, but that may not necessarily be the case. If the rumor of him showing up to the venue are true (and I don't know that I believe them) then it is also possible that he was perfectly fine with what they were going to give him to show up, but was unhappy to suddenly find out that he was not going to get a percentage of merchandise sales for the show and was insulted and pissed of that hadn't been disclosed and the reply/fall out from that. 

3 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

One of my favorite things about this thread is that we don't even really know what Izzy was referencing in his tweet. It may have been his fees for showing up on stage with the band as everyone is assuming here, but that may not necessarily be the case. If the rumor of him showing up to the venue are true (and I don't know that I believe them) then it is also possible that he was perfectly fine with what they were going to give him to show up, but was unhappy to suddenly find out that he was not going to get a percentage of merchandise sales for the show and was insulted and pissed of that hadn't been disclosed and the reply/fall out from that. 

Yeah it really could be anything at this point, we know nothing, really. 

7 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

Yup. And yet people continue going in circles with these arguments

9 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

He was referencing Axl and Duff lying through their teeth in that interview.

exactly, axl is almost stuttering nervously and duff is just staring like he's agreeing 

10 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

In my personal opinion I only enjoy the Ju Ju Hounds album.

RIGHT! and it's colossally better than CD 

4 minutes ago, Kickingthehabit said:

Axl and Duff should have been upfront about it. They don't want him involved in decision-making and they don't want to pay him what he wants for guest spots. They gave a chicken-shit answer.

it seemed sketchy when i first saw it too, i thought to myself damn, that's going to piss off izzy more - they shouldn't have said shit about it if anything instead of sitting in the fame seat 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

best case scenario this will somehow result in swift negotiations to get him on board 

Right, because airing stuff in public has always caused Axl to hold swift negotiations. That worked extremely well for Slash and company over the years 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Right, because airing stuff in public has always caused Axl to hold swift negotiations. That worked extremely well for Slash and company over the years 

yeah, maybe that was the only way, piss him off so much to make a move and have a yelling match with him - get the anger out of the red head 

• Like 1