Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

How much was Adler making?  If he was making 10-99k for playing a couple of songs a night, that's a pretty quick payday to fill the wallet

A few hundred thousand would make a lot more sense for a full set gig, but if Izzy was going to receive the same treatment as Adler with guest spots during a set, five figures makes sense

Agreed completely with this. I have to think izzy was looking to be a permanent member and play the entire show, the band seems to only be offering him the pet time gig, similar to Adler. 

1 hour ago, Juliette said:

I`m sorry boy, what are you smoking? :facepalm: Slash , Duff and Axl are not making 3 m per show individually..is between the three, and not forget Axl has to pay the other musicians.

Do you honestly think that Izzy (who is not in the band anymore) deserves make 1 millon for one or two songs???

If this information is correct, he was offered more 5 figures for one or two songs, is a lotttt of money . (I`m not complaining, just saying).

I wouldn't be surprised to see that he information would be correct, the issue is izzy clearly wanted back in this thing full time. Hard to believe for some but, even he can't be crazy enough to think he should get an equal piece of the pie while just coming and going as he pleases..

10 hours ago, Slim1023 said:

I'm curious about this part. Did this somehow give Axl a cut of VR stuff or Slash a part of the shows Duff played with Axl in 2014?

I don't think so.

I think if memory serves me the 2 partners is in CO written music together not performances.

6 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i am sure that its safe to assume that if izzy wanted a equal part then what was discussed was full involvement

which probably means that he would either replace that richard dude

or he would play all the shows, full-time, (even if that Richard dude was still on board)

I agree. The issue here is probably Izzy wanted a full time original five reunion and the rest didn't as it's been rumored. It has been posted here an interview from years ago where Axl said he'd be up to a reunion with Duff and Slash but not counting on Steven and Izzy so it's very possible. Sorry but I just don't think Izzy to be such a fool to want an equal payment if he was gonna play only 2-3 songs for show. Just no. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Someone who has twitter just ask Izzy directly if he wanted equal pay for playing with GNR fulltime or if he only wanted to do guest spots. Also, ask if he would write with them.

kthanksbye :headbang:

I don't think so he would reply.......

High chances that within a few days he will even delete this tweet

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I don't think he will either but it's more productive than going round and round in circles

Yeah well Im sure many people have tweeted him, I even saw Loudwire asking him for an interview. 

56 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Someone who has twitter just ask Izzy directly if he wanted equal pay for playing with GNR fulltime or if he only wanted to do guest spots. Also, ask if he would write with them.

kthanksbye :headbang:

I think we have a bigger chance of being struck by lightning than we have of Izzy answering to us. Sometimes I wish he was more like Norman Reedus. Dude answers everyone, follows his fans and talks to them via DM, but then I remember that we love Izzy the way he is :lol:

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 7:04 AM, Tom2112 said:

If Izzy and Steven were in the band and Duff and Slash were out, you would be saying they (Duff/Slash) were the soul and sound of GnR, and Izzy and Steven wouldn't be getting love from you. 

Just like countless other bands, GnR have had a ton of different members. It's absolutely pointless to whinge about it constantly. To my ears they sound great without Steven and Izzy (they are certainly tighter). Would it be cool to see them all on stage again? yes. Does it really matter if it happens? no. Are they going to get back together and make a new record? no, and they shouldn't! The AFD line up is great because it was short lived and never had a chance to over stay it's welcome. Let's not ruin that.

We'll see what happens over the next few months and years as far as full reunions go, it really is only a matter of time at this stage. 

On 9/12/2016 at 7:46 AM, TeeJay410 said:

If we're talking purely musically, GNR 2016 is a much better sounding band than GNR 1991. Sure we miss Izzy but it was the raw energy that made those 91 performances. It isn't fair to expect them to conjure that now, it is fair to expect a good functional show. Money disputes can get solved, there has to be a reason beyond that they didn't link up. I don't know if I would bend over backwards to invest in a guy who has been happy as a nomad for the better part of the past 25 years to commit to a 1-2 year long tour, even if that guy was special 25 years ago.

Both posts have nailed it.

Guys, we are witnessing one of the most unexpected rekindled relationships in music history with Axl & Slash. This proves anything can happen & it takes a bit more than just money, its not like any of them were struggling. I always thought Duff & Axl were a chance before 2010 hotel meet but none of us thought Slash surely. So with that said.....:

Stage 1: New guns with Izzy - 2006 

Stage 2: New guns with Duff - 2010

Stage 3: Axl, Slash, Duff 2015

Stage 4: Axl, Slash, Duff - Adler Guest 2016

Stage 5: Axl, Slash, Duff - Adler & Izzy guest

Have faith, we will never have guns of 85-90, 5 guys won't go around doing a nightclub tour but we will get all 5 back at some point albeit with Dizzy, Frank & Melissa.  

• Like 1

On 9/12/2016 at 7:03 PM, Zint said:

KISS did it.
It was a massive success for quite some time.

...Yeh, but then they went right back to the new guys! KISS love money more than life itself! and they couldn't get past the biggest hurdle! if you don't like each other or someone is a fuck up, it just isn't sustainable. Peter Criss struggled live, and Ace was fairly whacked out of it. 

Izzy is pretty together mentally, but as a performer he's hit and miss. Steven seems to be on the right track, but addicts are addicts and he could go for a tumble at any moment: he is however still killing it on the drums. BOTH Izzy and Steven are both fairly volatile within the GnR camp, Izzy can't stand Axls bullshit and will leave, Steven can't keep his mouth shut (These past few months are an anomaly) so he's bound to piss someone within the band off, if he doesn't mess it up before ten with alcohol or something worse. 

The current hybrid band makes the most sense

55 minutes ago, Pink Rose said:

Stage 5: Axl, Izzy, Slash, Steven and Duff. Period.  Izzy and Steven don't "guest" in their own band.

Izzy and Steven have been out of GnR for 0ver 20yrs. GnR was once their band, but it is NO More. They are guests. Just like if Malcolm Young was fit enough and went on stage with AC/DC. Stevie is still the guitarist in AC/DC, and Malcolm is the guest. In the eyes of fans, Stevie is the guest and and Malcolm is and always will be the gtr player... same goes for gnr.

• Like 1

The funny thing is that Izzy, without meaning to, may have lit the fuse that will drive him back to the band. The guy, as Duff stated, "doesn't like lights and cameras very much," and he obviously only has Twitter to refute claims on this whole thing. With ONE tweet, he's got articles written about him all over the internet, criticizing the move to not join the band, he's got thousands of rans tweeting him, which he won't read, but it blows up his inbox.

1) He keeps Twitter, he stays in the loop to see what's being said about him (he obviously watched the Fantastico interview), reaches his limit, and he decides to show up and finish the thing.

2) He deletes twitter, retreats to Tattooine, bites into an avocado and realizes that it's quiet... TOO quiet... and lonely. Crap. Gotta go do the show.

3) He deletes twitter, retreats to Tattooine, bites into an avocado and realizes that it's quiet... and I should write a song about snow or monkeys or hitchhiking.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

Yes and No. Both of those guys are fairly rock solid and have been for years! 

Where do you draw a chronological line on an addict becoming 'rock solid', if we're assuming once an addict, always an addict (which I personally refute but let's not open that can of worms?) McKagan, in circa ten years of sobriety from alcohol and cocaine, developed an addiction to prescription anxiety pills during Velvet Revolver era! Slash was boozing up until a similar period!

• Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Where do you draw a chronological line on an addict becoming 'rock solid', if we're assuming once an addict, always an addict (which I personally refute but let's not open that can of worms?) McKagan, in circa ten years of sobriety from alcohol and cocaine, developed an addiction to prescription anxiety pills during Velvet Revolver era! Slash was boozing up until a similar period!

That's my timeline too, and I hear you!. Where I draw the line is when the person has a few months or years and slips, gets back on the wagon and does it again and again. Steven is doing great now though, so maybe this time he'll keep it together. There is no guarantees for any member of gnr, but let's be honest and say that Slash and Duff are less of an risk than Steven.

Also, I'd prefer to not open that can of worms too, rather not accidentally offend anyone... I'm just happy to cast stones at the members and past members of GnR, not mygnrers ;)