the steven appreciation thread

12 minutes ago, bikka said:

Vocals aside, music wise, this band is pretty much as good if not better than the "real" GNR as it is now... Down to the basic r'n'r! No keyboards, no bongos, no additional strange sounds to reproduce a thousand overlays on a single song... GNR used to be a band like this a long time ago :(((

that was a massive display of superoir drumming. steven shows hes the best drummer in the world, making a bar sound like thunder in the heavens. i dont know about you guys, but that was some serious heavy shit. and he does it so effortlessly... what is this that im seeing? looks like fucking 1986

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slash787 said:

He looks so healthy, he plays like a beast, it was his dream of the GNR reunion, I don't even know what to say, Axl, Slash and Duff are really selfish and greedy. I love them but hurting or cheating someone is not a good thing for your own benefit.

What an Ironic thing that Duff wrote a book called How To Be A Man and then he backstabbed his friend Izzy and Matt, If he is a man then why not fight for Steven and let him play all the AFD songs? Let the guy play his own songs at least, what kind of a man are you when you can't even do that? 

What will be the name of his next book? "How To Make Millions By Backstabbing Old Friends" ? 

I love Duff, but its not so good to be this diplomatic. 

Do you honestly believe this stuff?

While Adler was making a fool of himself on Celebrity Rehab and whining about how his addictions were either overblown or everyone's fault but his, Duff was over-coming alcoholism, becoming a husband and father, and going back to school and becoming an intelligent businessman.

If you like Adler, fine, if you think Alder's drumming is this one of a kind drumming, whatever, but nobody owes him anything. He ceased to be a member of GNR 26 years ago and screwed Duff himself only 3 years ago.

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Vocals too. That dude sounds 10 times better than Axl on this song.

yeah, that's what I was thinking too

even on bad quality low res audio with missing channels / massive hiss / background noise it's plainly obvious.

all we need is slash and duff joining steven's band and them playing the roxy, rainbow bar & grill and troubadour.

Edited by action
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Adler really defines the classic Guns sound.  No other drummer they've ever had sounds the same.  It's amazing and really makes me appreciate the art of drumming more than ever...never realized how much of a difference it makes until the entire Adler/Sorum/rest of GN'R drummers controversy came to light over the years.

Matt did a fabulous job for UYI. The perfect replacement for Steven. The same with Izzy and Gilby. But Steven and Izzy made the GnR sound. Izzy made it Bob Dylan like simply and Steven made it wild, unpredictable, rough, dirty. 

I also agree that you simply listen to the drums when Steven is on. You're trying to avoid that when Frank is on.

And just imagine a reunion tour with Gilby on rythm guitar in South America. People love the old guys.

• Like 1

I'd have been interested to see Adler play Illusion stuff other than Civil War and the Illusion stuff he played in the '80s which we know he can play. I know he made a remark about only playing on the 'best stuff' which was 'his stuff' - on Howard Stern - but he was being quasi facetious I believe. Adler could finally add the groove those songs lacked.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Slash787 said:

He looks so healthy, he plays like a beast, it was his dream of the GNR reunion, I don't even know what to say, Axl, Slash and Duff are really selfish and greedy. I love them but hurting or cheating someone is not a good thing for your own benefit.

What an Ironic thing that Duff wrote a book called How To Be A Man and then he backstabbed his friend Izzy and Matt, If he is a man then why not fight for Steven and let him play all the AFD songs? Let the guy play his own songs at least, what kind of a man are you when you can't even do that? 

What will be the name of his next book? "How To Make Millions By Backstabbing Old Friends" ? 

I love Duff, but its not so good to be this diplomatic. 

best post here in a long time.

congrats bro

• Like 2

Anyone think that Slash/Duff/Axl dont think Steven has been sober long enough to embark on a HUGE tour without falling off the wagon?

He been sober for about a year and a half or two, so the "cravings" might still be fresh. Then the tours success might go to his head too much and then think "you know, i deserve a drink" which then could escalate.

I mean Steven did say that when he did a show with Duff three years ago, first thing he did when he got off the plane was beeline for the bar and get hammered.

They might think that Steven going from small clubs to sold out stadiums night after night might not be a good idea just yet. And not that him fallng off might persuade the other guys to fall off too, but that him falling off could lead to an OD

Edited by Mendez

2 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Anyone think that Slash/Duff/Axl dont think Steven has been sober long enough to embark on a HUGE tour without falling off the wagon?

Like letting it go to his head too much and then thinking "you know, i deserve a drink" which then could escalate.

I mean Steven did say that when he did a show with Duff three years ago, first thing he did when he got off the plane was beeline for the bar and get hammered.

If they don't think he can play a full tour, then why aren't they even letting him play a full show in which he was "invited"? 

They are treating him like a Dog, throwing a bone at him for 2 minutes and then snatching it away from him, no wonder why Izzy doesn't wants to do anything with them. 

• Like 2