the steven appreciation thread

1 minute ago, bikka said:

What's stopping Duff and Slash from relapsing? Their sobriety is not that much longer lived...

Slosh was on a defibrillator until just awhile back. McKagan was addicted to anxiety pills during Velvet Revolver. Axl is currently addicted to pies and you do not see many people arguing for reducing the number of songs Axl sings, do you?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

If they don't think he can play a full tour, then why aren't they even letting him play a full show in which he was "invited"? 

They are treating him like a Dog, throwing a bone at him for 2 minutes and then snatching it away from him, no wonder why Izzy doesn't wants to do anything with them. 

Because he's not the drummer? I mean, why is Slash playing lead guitar every show? Why don't they let someone else sing for a show or two? 

20 minutes ago, bikka said:

What's stopping Duff and Slash from relapsing? Their sobriety is not that much longer lived...

Duff hasnt touched a drink or heroin (as far as we know) for a long time, only those pills back in 07. Slash i dont know. But its probably been long as well. I dont think its a matter of them two relapsing, i think its a matter of them being afraid of Steven relapsing, and then OD-ing himself into death. Its likely they don't want to lose another friend. i mean since Steven supposedly had back surgery, him sitting on the drums (on a chair with no back support) for a 2+ hour show might cause back pain, which leads into pain killers, taking too many pain killers, then mixing them with other drugs/booze.

At any rate, we don't know a single thing, regardless of what anyone said, or what context it was said in, or what they were thinking when they said it.

Edited by Mendez

2 minutes ago, Mendez said:

Duff hasnt touched a drink or heroin (as far as we know) for a long time, only those pills back in 07. Slash i dont know. But its probably been long as well. I dont think its a matter of them two relapsing, i think its a matter of them being afraid of Steven relapsing, and then OD-ing himself into death. Its likely they don't want to lose another friend. i mean since Steven supposedly had back surgery, him sitting on the drums (on a chair with no back support) for a 2+ hour show might cause back pain, which leads into pain killers, taking too many pain killers, then mixing them with other drugs/booze.

Duff asked Adler to open for Loaded in Japan 3 years ago. Adler went off on a bender on the tour. That's probably why they don't feel entirely comfortable putting their multi-million dollar comeback tour in his hands. The guest spots are probably because they know he'll have a meltdown if they got back together without him.

Ok he has a back problem, he had a surgery, but he can easily play more than 2 songs. 

Really some of you just need a reason to show Steven and Izzy in a bad light cause Axl is not working with them cause AXL IS GOD. 

Before Slash was bad and the Devil, now its Izzy and Steven. 

Like grow up, I am a big fan of Slash, but I don't blindly follow him, I love Steven and Izzy too, but if they are wrong then I will say they are wrong. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Ok he has a back problem, he had a surgery, but he can easily play more than 2 songs. 

Really some of you just need a reason to show Steven and Izzy in a bad light cause Axl is not working with them cause AXL IS GOD. 

Like grow up, I am a big fan of Slash, but I don't blindly follow him, I love Steven and Izzy too, but if they are wrong then I will say they are wrong. 

He's not in the band and the decision makers in the band decided he shouldn't be the drummer. That's why he's not playing more than 2 songs. 

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Actually, many posters have pointed totally valid suppositions about Steven's absence, so I don't know why you seem to be starting a rant about how "Axl is god" and people painting "Izzy and Steven as the devil".

Telling other posters " to grow up" isn't exactly the most mature way of making your point -which, I'm sure, most of us have got thanks to the endless repetitions of this argument on this board.

The (known) cupcakes shouldn't bother you, but I honestly don't think there are more than a couple of them around here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

Anyone think that Slash/Duff/Axl dont think Steven has been sober long enough to embark on a HUGE tour without falling off the wagon?

He been sober for about a year and a half or two, so the "cravings" might still be fresh. Then the tours success might go to his head too much and then think "you know, i deserve a drink" which then could escalate.

I mean Steven did say that when he did a show with Duff three years ago, first thing he did when he got off the plane was beeline for the bar and get hammered.

They might think that Steven going from small clubs to sold out stadiums night after night might not be a good idea just yet. And not that him fallng off might persuade the other guys to fall off too, but that him falling off could lead to an OD

the man's a friggin vegan. he doesn't even eat pancakes anymore.

i happen to know a vegan myself. "nothing" is allowed, not even milk or eggs which rules out pretty much anything but vegetales and quorn. that's some serious dedication right there.

i don't know "what" motivates Steven, but if you have the will to be a vegan, you can do anything.

7 minutes ago, action said:

i happen to know a vegan myself. "nothing" is allowed, not even milk or eggs which rules out pretty much anything but vegetales and quorn. that's some serious dedication right there.

i don't know "what" motivates Steven, but if you have the will to be a vegan, you can do anything.

I guess his wife is one of the reasons he became a Vegan.

I honestly can never become a Vegan, how the hell can you live without Chicken? LOL 

• Like 1

Just now, Slash787 said:

I guess his wife is one of the reasons he became a Vegan.

I honestly can never become a Vegan, how the hell can you live without Chicken? LOL 

i'd become a vegan too, with a wife like that

i'd easily find ....other ....things ...to satisfy my appetite ;)

1 hour ago, action said:

I wasnt saying that he shouldnt be in the band, I'm trying to show it in a different perspective.

Duff, Slash and Axl lost alot of friends that struggled with substance and alcohol abuse, so maybe in their eyes that is at least one of the reasons.

Also side note: vegans can still chilaquiles, which i think is one of the most savory non meat foods ever. Usually comes with cheese but even without it its still great. And rice,  i love rice. Plus they still can eat pasta and noodles with anything that doesnt have dairy (like plain ol spaghetti). And beans or black beans.

Edited by Mendez

6 hours ago, Mendez said:

Anyone think that Slash/Duff/Axl dont think Steven has been sober long enough to embark on a HUGE tour without falling off the wagon?

He been sober for about a year and a half or two, so the "cravings" might still be fresh. Then the tours success might go to his head too much and then think "you know, i deserve a drink" which then could escalate.

I mean Steven did say that when he did a show with Duff three years ago, first thing he did when he got off the plane was beeline for the bar and get hammered.

They might think that Steven going from small clubs to sold out stadiums night after night might not be a good idea just yet. And not that him fallng off might persuade the other guys to fall off too, but that him falling off could lead to an OD

I think that's exactly it. The guy couldn't handle opening for Loaded, it'd be a huge risk to put their multi-million dollar, GNR comeback/redemption tour in his hands. 

To those who constantly bring up the issue of Steven relapsing and falling off the wagon again and again and again, referencing the incident from 3 years ago, has anyone heard him doing just that -- going off to the nearest bar and killing himself there and then -- right after a big show THIS YEAR? 

To date, he has proven himself to be pretty reliable and on the surface portrays a very positive take in life. 

Modano, what's your beef with Adler? He owes you money or something? You seem to have so much hatred towards him and keep repeating the same ole same ole ad nauseam. I respected your difference of opinion when you first stated it months ago, but come on....it's been the same posts over and over for months attacking Adler.

Put it to rest already.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, action said:

Unfortunately for Steven Cocaine & Heroin are 100% vegan. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

I think that's exactly it. The guy couldn't handle opening for Loaded, it'd be a huge risk to put their multi-million dollar, GNR comeback/redemption tour in his hands. 

Stop spreading misinformation with "The guy couldn't handle opening for Loaded" bullshit. He was a practising alcoholic / drug addict, he would have acted like a peanut whatever he was doing. 

The biggest challenge for Steven to maintain continued sobriety is to find some emotional balance within himself regardless of his external circumstances. The highs & good times are just as tricky to navigate in early sobriety (first 5 years) as the low spots. I hope the reunion is not the only driving force behind his sobriety because that will very likely end in tears.

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

To those who constantly bring up the issue of Steven relapsing and falling off the wagon again and again and again, referencing the incident from 3 years ago, has anyone heard him doing just that -- going off to the nearest bar and killing himself there and then -- right after a big show THIS YEAR? 

To date, he has proven himself to be pretty reliable and on the surface portrays a very positive take in life. 

Modano, what's your beef with Adler? He owes you money or something? You seem to have so much hatred towards him and keep repeating the same ole same ole ad nauseam. I respected your difference of opinion when you first stated it months ago, but come on....it's been the same posts over and over for months attacking Adler.

Put it to rest already.

Hes a Bot or Frank's Mum.

Isn't drumming is the most physically demanding position on a band? Maybe that also being the reason he isn't included full time.

CwrYsgYWIAAG9cQ.jpg

He may looks good on the face, but man look at those arms, so thin, that's no way a healthy sign, there's only skin n bones on those upper arms, you could sucker punch him once and he would ended up on hospital because he looks so fragile.

1 hour ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Stop spreading misinformation with "The guy couldn't handle opening for Loaded" bullshit. He was a practising alcoholic / drug addict, he would have acted like a peanut whatever he was doing. 

The biggest challenge for Steven to maintain continued sobriety is to find some emotional balance within himself regardless of his external circumstances. The highs & good times are just as tricky to navigate in early sobriety (first 5 years) as the low spots. I hope the reunion is not the only driving force behind his sobriety because that will very likely end in tears.

But he couldn't handle opening for Loaded, so, it's not misinformation. 

2 hours ago, cheesecake said:

Put it to rest already.

I was putting it in the friend perspective. As in, as his friend, they wouldn't want to risk him risking his sobriety by falling back into that. (In a different way, but similarly how I wouldnt bring a newly sober friend to come clubbing with me). They saw what happened with Scott whos had a similar story. Plus sobriety isnt an easy thing, even after 2 years, especially with something as addictive as heroin.

Steven has tried his hand at sobriety many times and I hope this time he stays sober for good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

But he couldn't handle opening for Loaded, so, it's not misinformation. 

Yes it is, opening for loaded, or his lack of ability to "handle it" is nothing more than spin from a self confessed hater. He was a active addict acting like an addict. nothing more, nothing less. He was already off the rails.

Edited by Good, Fuck'n, Night.

4 hours ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

Yes it is, opening for loaded, or his lack of ability to "handle it" is nothing more than spin from a self confessed hater. He was a active addict acting like an addict. nothing more, nothing less. He was already off the rails.

There facts, as admitted by Steven himself, are that Duff was mad at him (poor, poor Steven) because Duff invited him to open for Loaded and he went on a bender when he got there.

How is that "spin". That's a situation that happened 3 years ago when Adler was supposedly sober.