The future (end of NITLT, new album, new tours)

18 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Sorry this is GNR, with them nothing can be that easy.

yeah they go around their ass to get to their elbow

i swear they game plan on how to make things as difficult and frustrating as possible  

Edited by -W.A.R-

11 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Because 12 years between records is OK. I suppose I'd an improvement on the time from UYI to CD but barely.

They should wrap the reunion by the end if the summer '17, break (also release DVD, doc of NITL tour as stop gap) and reconvene in January or February and knock out a record, with an aim of a fall release at the latest. 

Slash and Duff DO NOT start the clock over again, their back and that's great BUT while I would enjoy seeing g them perform, new music is what I really care about.

There's no word suggesting new music though, so I'm not holding my breath (I expect new Slash before new GNR material). Instead I'll just listen to new Metallica, Opeth and other bands willing to put themselves out there.

I want new music as well, but I can't change their plans. They started to tour first so we have to deal with it. We can just hope they get into the studio after touring the world once instead of booking new gigs for North or South America.

12 years are way to much between two albums but for me these are new ages since Slash and Duff are back

9 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

Would you guys rather new songs or the entire discography remastered and with b sides, bonus footage, a nice package?

I want an album of newly recorded music.

We don't need to remaster the catalog, it sounds perfect as it is. I'm all for expanded reissues though.

10 hours ago, cqleonardo said:

Would you guys rather new songs or the entire discography remastered and with b sides, bonus footage, a nice package?

New songs. 

Would be an odd move for a band with only one album in the last 25 years to spend time/effort on remixing old albums instead of just simply releasing a new rock album for their fans to enjoy. 

4 hours ago, Gackt said:

GnR should just retire quietly after this tour, maybe do some nostalgia gigs down the line; the expectations are far too high for a new album

I guess it's understandable that Axl's afraid to release a new album if even some of his fans agree that he should rather quit than even try to release anything new. If even his fans are afraid that it could never live up to the expectations, imagine how afraid Axl must be.

I agree that the expectations are ridiculously high, but listening to Chinese Democracy and Velvet Revolver makes me confident that they could pull it off. And even if it isn't as good as the previous albums, it's still gonna be incredibly good. Who doesn't want incredibly good new music?

Personally I believe that a new album will come out before 2020.

14 hours ago, sofine11 said:

I just hope they don't get lost in "over thinking" things once the tour is over.

Either A) Get Slash & Duff in the studio asap to record on/over whatever's already done or B) Live in the studio for a few months and hammer out an entirely new album.

One or the other.  If the idea is to somehow incorporate both, I feel like the wait could be a lot harder trying to sort that out. 

I think that even if Slash and Duff just rerecord guitars and bass, Axl is gonna still try and sort shit out. Make it sound as coherent as possible.

The goal is another Guns album that won't be a rehash of past works. At least, that was the idea for every Guns album so far.

5 hours ago, Rovim said:

My own speculation is Axl's punchline that led to Slash cracking up in your sig has something to do with the fans hoping for a new Guns release.

It's a weird situation, always was. We know nothing Rovim..!

But we can hope at least..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

The expactations for the tour were very high as well but got even exceeded in some opinions.

I don't think there was anything about the tour that beat expectations besides Slash playing ChiDem songs, was there? :lol:

I'm waiting for them to come to Europe next year. That will be a must-see show because who knows what will happen after that.

I could see them releasing some kind of DVD compiled from the Not In This Lifetime tour. A concert DVD with songs recorded different places and some behind the scenes/look into putting the shows on the stage....

Then after that. I really, really hope they've somehow been writing a little bit here and there in between the touring to maybe hit the studio....But that's far from happening at this time.

7 hours ago, Gackt said:

I don't think there was anything about the tour that beat expectations besides Slash playing ChiDem songs, was there? :lol:

Some said they'll never sell out stadiums in the US again.

Axl’s can't sing anymore

Slash can't play Buckethead's stuff

They won't sound any good anymore...

Then there are happenings as Steven showed up

Coma's in the setlist

Them playing Chinese stuff and even considered Slither as alternate take

Of course everybody had his own expectations and has his own opinion on something, but these above were/are very common

About 'beating expectations', all of the innovations occurred in the first handful of shows - except the Adler appearance which took thirteen shows to happen. Consequentially there has not really been any talking points and points of interest since the earliest stadium shows in North America; I suppose the tour has, for internet observers, just become 'Adler watch'. It seems that they forged every aspect of the tour in advance - including changes, the Chinese songs and deep cuts (Coma), placed it before everyone early on, and will stick rigidly to it for the duration. There is little spontaneity.

I'm not criticisng them for that (before the zealots start bashing me) - just pointing out the way they've proceeded with things. I personally prefer a looser Neil Young-esque show with deep cuts and new songs throughout, but then I've always stated that there is more than one way to skin a cat. It doesn't make following the shows on the internet very interesting but then the shows are really for the people with the tickets.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I wish Guns would do a Pearl Jam type of setlist.

Different stuff every night.

Yes, that is a Neil Young thing also. They both employ a similar approach and idea (and both played together, Mirror ball). Springsteen also. But it is just the way they're (Guns) doing it. It is just for fans who go to the shows really. Internet fans and bootleg collectors and people who watch the clips will inevitably lose interest in what GN'R doing (I lost interest after the first stadium show, and never even look at the sets now), but if you have a ticket, particularly if you are just going to one show, you are not going to be too bothered. They still have runs in the bank with the novelty of it, Axl and Slash, etc.

I think if they go around the world once, only to return with a similar show the criticisms will become far more valid and vocal, but right now they can do it their way for awhile longer I suppose.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, that is a Neil Young thing also. They both employ a similar approach and idea (and both played together, Mirror ball). Springsteen also. But it is just the way they're (Guns) doing it. It is just for fans who go to the shows really. Internet fans and bootleg collectors and people who watch the clips will inevitably lose interest in what GN'R doing (I lost interest after the first stadium show, and never even look at the sets now), but if you have a ticket, particularly if you are just going to one show, you are not going to be too bothered. They still have runs in the bank with the novelty of it, Axl and Slash, etc.

I think if they go around the world once, only to return with a similar show the criticisms will become far more valid and vocal, but right now they can do it their way for awhile longer I suppose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1Ji69G3Jnw

Talking about Pearl Jam and Neil Young, great show.

Edited by PsychoKiss344
  • Like 1

I think they are doing the same gig every night 'cause at this point the future of the band is uncertain, so they don't want to put some fans down by not playing song x or y. I don't like it but I understand it. 

I'm desparete to know what the fuck is going to happen once the tour is over. I don't see anything different happening before the end of NITLT.

On 11/22/2016 at 11:54 PM, IncitingChaos said:

I think someone very smart planned out 5 years for these guys and they are just taking it step by step and seeing how far they can get. 

The plan is to keep them making the most money and popularity high in each wave. The first wave involves committing to concert legs one at a time. This first part is easy, demand is high, money is good, the band just shows up and plays. 

If they finish this first wave they can move on to the next wave, release something (LA Dodger Stadium Not in this Lifetime show) this part gives them an idea of how much of the shine has worn off, but also gives substance to this band. They get this out there and start the rumor of a new Guns album to boost sales...

Next wave is important, they start the old warm up arena leg in the US...fall or winter of 2017 obviously demand for stadium is dying off but an arena leg will be a huge success and as questions start about the nostagia of this act they start playing new music...interest begins to build that Axl and Slash have actually begun working on new material. 

Towards the end of the arena leg we get the announcement that a new album will be out in the Summer of 2018, it will be a huge double album release that features 14 leftovers from CD and 14 completely new tracks...they start appearing all over news cycles for this monumental news. 

Start of 2018 they go into the studio to record finishing cuts to their new album

Next is the most important part, the band starts appearing On tv performing all new material on late shows just weeks prior to their big release, they do a huge interview with Stern, and set out on a Summer stadium tour to once again take in tons and tons of money!! 

Rinse and repeat...by announcing new legs all over the world! 

Sounds legit. 

New music would be amazing, but honestly I'm all about another US tour. I NEED to see them again, and hopefully this time I can snag much better seats lol..