07/01/17 - Hämeenlinna, FI - Kantolan Tapahtumapuisto

alfierose

Ok I'm totally lost now, what stream you all are watching where you can see how shit audience Finnish are?

All I see is this periscope where at first he was quarter mile from the stage / at last row with few people drunk in front of him. Then he went to beer tent area with more drunk people going to que more beer. But there is still a long way to the front where the action is. There is 55k people. I'm sure they are not all silent and talking and facing the other way?!

I don't think these periscopes tell the whole situation, I'm sure there are thousands of people having a blast and the band is enjoying every minute.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sexualinnuendo said:

Ok I'm totally lost now, what stream you all are watching where you can see how shit audience Finnish are?

All I see is this periscope where at first he was quarter mile from the stage / at last row with few people drunk in front of him. Then he went to beer tent area with more drunk people going to que more beer. But there is still a long way to the front where the action is. There is 55k people. I'm sure they are not all silent and talking and facing the other way?!

I don't think these periscopes tell the whole situation, I'm sure there are thousands of people having a blast and the band is enjoying every minute.

I think you're right. The stream we had was from way in the back. It looked quite close at first, but when he had the camera zoomed all the way out, you could see he was far from the stage.

• Like 1

Just now, Spirit said:

I think you're right. The stream we had was from way in the back. It looked quite close at first, but when he had the camera zoomed all the way out, you could see he was far from the stage.

That's true. At some point he zoomed out and he was VERY far. Somewhere at back row. I think that area is always full of people who just wander and takes it easy. Not maybe so hard core fans in that area.

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Respect to the two posters from Finland defending their crowd! Fuck the video evidence :lol:

(Just having some fun with you guys. It actually sounded like a good show to me.)

Not defending, we Finns are a bit odd :D

Just saying we are not THAT bad :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, J Dog said:

Respect to the two posters from Finland defending their crowd! Fuck the video evidence :lol:

(Just having some fun with you guys. It actually sounded like a good show to me.)

Haha I know we ain't no "Rio de janeiro" crowd. But we are a rock/metal country and when you sell 55k tickets here, that means the band is huge! The only way to get the audience here go really wild is to sell them a lot of beer. But then things might get out of control. The complain what I heard today was that the beer lines was way too long. People got angry. People always get angry when that happens. Stand in that que half of the concert...

And ps, a lot of gnr fans are also +50 years these days so they don't go so crazy anymore. But I'm sure a lot of people did and it was a great gig.

No matter what periscope showed us.

• Like 1

The band sounded great, really great. Insanely great, IMO. But it was a weird gig, crowd-wise. People were coming and going. Talking. And I have to admit, I did wander around a lot too. The area was organized poorly. Had fun though. The best gig I've been to sound-wise. But something was off. Maybe the fact that they were an hour late had something to do with it.

It sure was an old school Gn'R-show, kickass music, lateness and drunks ?

Ps. Black Hole Sun sounded dope. Axl sounded really good through out the show. Youtube-videos really don't do him justice. Weird, I know.

• Like 4