07/12/17 - Nijmegen, NL - Goffertpark

alfierose

I love the fact Axl is energetic and "into it" as much as he was in say London 2 to Vienna.

I think this can only mean epic things for these US Arena dates coming up, a lot more to prove still to those smaller, more "captive" audiences imho.

Not to mention this whole Euro leg has really helped him trim up a bit more. It all contributes to the man, the myth, the legend of Axl the last great rock frontman! ;-D

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I love the fact Axl is energetic and "into it" as much as he was in say London 2 to Vienna.

I think this can only mean epic things for these US Arena dates coming up, a lot more to prove still to those smaller, more "captive" audiences imho.

Not to mention this whole Euro leg has really helped him trim up a bit more. It all contributes to the man, the myth, the legend of Axl the last great rock frontman! ;-D

Well I hope the big stadiums like the Alamodome still get epic shows, but I have no doubt Axl will give it his all whether it's in an arena or stadium! :D 

I think we need a "Duff's Attire" sub-thread to the Axl's one. Duff has got on some Air Jordan 1s, in that pic above with fans, in Royal Blue that he's been rocking since at least London 1.

Sidenote: Slash can be spotted wearing similar model/colour Air Jordan's (but not exactly the same because Slash's were mid 80s originals) in a few early days AFD5 photo shoots and others. As timeless as Chuck Taylor's I say! ;-D

53 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I wish people were more into the remaining US stadium shows.  There are still boatloads of tickets remaining for STL.  

3 minutes ago, triad said:

I wish people were more into the remaining US stadium shows.  There are still boatloads of tickets remaining for STL.  

Usual scenario though isn't it since last year's first leg even, I mean they were pretty fortunate to get the 3 or 4 bonafide sellouts they did with their exorbitant ticket prices etc etc.

They could sellout a 100,000 capacity venue regularly since the beginning if they were still charging '91/'92/'93 ticket prices surely! ;-D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Blake Sabbath said:

BTW, for those that care, Duff's wearing these kicks:

ebzetagubp6ikuekbydn.jpg

And this is Slash in the heyday wearing the original model that Duff's pair is based on:

500x1000px-LL-097c0e78_8DB30A96-8362-4AB

10254078_742175972558756_356866920_n.jpg

3be68978_2rrut11.jpeg

Sorry to hijack, but I couldn't help pointing this out! ;-D

Now that is hardcore fandom \m/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, JY2016 said:

There will be no rain as from 4pm

weatherforecasts are looking very good. Hope the field doesn't stay to wet. It's been relatively dry lately, so the field should be able to soak most of the rainfall.