08/02/17 - Denver, CO - Sports Authority Field

Estranged Reality

5 hours ago, crashoride said:

Great fucking show. Axl and the band sounded fantastic. I was in the PIT up front. :) It was the same old set list....

The stadium was stacked minus the upper bowl. A big chunk of the north side of the upper bowl had a ton of people.

Great man...So as I understand,part of upper bowl was packed too...Rest of the stadium was packed?

6 hours ago, crashoride said:

Great fucking show. Axl and the band sounded fantastic. I was in the PIT up front. :) It was the same old set list....

The stadium was stacked minus the upper bowl. A big chunk of the north side of the upper bowl had a ton of people.

Did you catch any of Sturgil Simpson?

25 minutes ago, ramsey said:

A lot of speculation in this thread that this show wasn't selling well. Dead wrong. Turnout was massive. It was packed. Axl was roaring and really seemed to be having fun. More jokes and smiles than usual. They ripped. It was an amazing show. ????????????????

I think people are referring to turnout in terms of selling out these massive stadiums that hold 60-70k like they did their first run...so maybe in that regard it's a little light but overall, even getting  40k fans in a show would be the equivalent of selling out 2 arena shows...so still very successful, imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Any photos of the merch stand at all?. I had sent an email to the gnrmerch store asking if the 2017 tour merch will be available online and they couldn't confirm. Im guessing the majority of the merch will be sold at the shows.

This stuff is selling like crazy...multiple stands in StL and Minny were sold out of almost everything they had by the end of the shows. 

19 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

This stuff is selling like crazy...multiple stands in StL and Minny were sold out of almost everything they had by the end of the shows. 

It was like that last time in Detroit too. People were buying tons of everything.

8 hours ago, crashoride said:

Glad you had a blast, yes they still kick ass.  However I disagree with "It was the same old set list...."   The current set list is outstanding <minus a couple covers>, I don't get the complaints. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Great man...So as I understand,part of upper bowl was packed too...Rest of the stadium was packed?

The back (north side) sections seemed to be full.  It seemed like the rest of the play was pretty packed. I heard that people got upgraded from the top to the bottom sections.

Metallica's 18 songs set is 2 hours and 10-20 minutes long and Maiden's is 2 hours. Number of song's isn't everything. Also GnR didn't do 31 songs, they did 27 unless you count solos as songs.

I mean they still play for 3 hours and longer than those bands but there is no need to trash other stuff. Metallica and Iron Madien have tighter, louder and more intense shows, they don't have 7 minute solos or 5 minutes singalongs like GnR and no, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying it's different type of a show

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

Iron Maiden's show here in the Twin Cities first one in 17 YEARS with there lead singer back after a 6 year absence played 15 songs and people complain about 31 songs (21 Original)  at a GNR show.  15 Songs is a cover band's set at a bar.

And Maiden didn't even play a lot of the fan favorites.  Like 'Run To The Hills', wasn't played.  Lame.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

Metallica's 18 songs set is 2 hours and 10-20 minutes long and Maiden's is 2 hours. Number of song's isn't everything. Also GnR didn't do 31 songs, they did 27 unless you count solos as songs.

I mean they still play for 3 hours and longer than those bands but there is no need to trash other stuff. Metallica and Iron Madien have tighter, louder and more intense shows, they don't have 7 minute solos or 5 minutes singalongs like GnR and no, I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I'm saying it's different type of a show

Valid point.

32 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

They did 29 songs in StL, 32 if you count the solos. I haven't seen Metallica in 10 years and saw Maiden last year and these Guns shows were way more intense than those shows. I was bored at Metallica. I loved Maiden but they did their typical new album set and that killed the crowd. Bruce is still fantastic, but I'd take Axl over him any day.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Joeypeeps said:

I hear ya. 31 fukin' songs and people still bitch about the setlist. I saw Metallica twice this summer and they only play 18. AXL's singing his ass off, and giving fans three hour shows. AXL=GOAT?

Sorry, out of likes, but....... ??