GNR Sells More Than 1 Million Tickets in 24 Hours

12 minutes ago, moreblack said:

What does U2 have to do with anything?

I don't get it either. There are so many people burdened by the idea of GnR being the biggest band in the world and I really don't get it. Even if they get to U2 level they'll get to that touring endlessly without new album with overpriced tickets so I wouldn't even call that success but I don't really think that people will buy those expensive tickets at those prices twice. 

And also you guys should check out Coldplay's numbers

Edited by Nicklord
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I don't get it either. There are so many people burdened by the idea of GnR being the biggest band in the world and I really don't get it. Even if they get to U2 level they'll get to that touring endlessly without new album with overpriced tickets so I wouldn't even call that success but I don't really think that people will buy those expensive tickets at those prices twice. 

Well Coldplay is still "relevant" with young people way more than GNR is. Makes sense since they are a pop rock act, and pop is the most popular thing now. Just like new indie bands are essentially pop rock imo

49 minutes ago, AlexC said:

With or without new...

What?

19 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

yeah I know... Their AHFOD tour is kicking ass more than GnR.. 100% sold out shows..Unbelievable, yet deserved! They will if not GnR top U2..

2 hours ago, Nicklord said:

And many may not get why you care about the fact that some others care about GNR being the biggest band in the world, you know? To each their own. It goes both ways.

With regard to Coldplay, let's see how their numbers look nearly 30 years after they first broke on to the scene. The fact that GN'R is holding their own without a ton of promotion or a huge piece of the younger millennial fanbase is impressive.

• Like 3

The biggest band in the world don't have to discount tickets and play to huge swathes of empty seats 

Its great to see them back together and no doubt they're making a ton of cash but this is not the biggest thing of all time and they are nowhere near the biggest thing out there ... 

There will be a ton of discounting again in the US, probably even more so this time given they're playing smaller markets and it's the second run and Australia has massive discounts months out and some dismal looking sales

ok I'm in Toronto Canada, and when they played here this year it was sold out (I think 1st of all NA dates) and it was very $$ to get tix...

this time around they are playing Buffalo (2 hours away) and I see the venue there is selling pretty ok; all the pit is sold out (unless you get $$ VIP package) and a lot of the good seats are gone. I know a lot of Torontonians will be heading there...so I imagine it'll be a sold out arena. I think Torontonians have a lot of $$ compared to other regions...

However, I'm also going to Ottawa and Montreal and Ottawa still has pit tickets and I can't tell how much of the Montreal tix are sold (as it's a GA outdoor venue)...these two shows are just 2 hours away...I'm thinking they oversaturated this area? (altho' Montreal you'd think would be popular hot spot to go considering the riot)...

I wonder how they've been doing thus far? I guess it's just fan speculation

5 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Without a huge millennial fanbase, of course they are promoting, anyway they are doing awesome was my point.

That's true I guess in USA.

In Europe they have a big millennial fan base but they basically priced them out. This pic is from GnR show in 2010 from Belgrade

Резултат слика за guns n roses beograd 2010

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolranchdressing! said:

ok I'm in Toronto Canada, and when they played here this year it was sold out (I think 1st of all NA dates) and it was very $$ to get tix...

this time around they are playing Buffalo (2 hours away) and I see the venue there is selling pretty ok; all the pit is sold out (unless you get $$ VIP package) and a lot of the good seats are gone. I know a lot of Torontonians will be heading there...so I imagine it'll be a sold out arena. I think Torontonians have a lot of $$ compared to other regions...

However, I'm also going to Ottawa and Montreal and Ottawa still has pit tickets and I can't tell how much of the Montreal tix are sold (as it's a GA outdoor venue)...these two shows are just 2 hours away...I'm thinking they oversaturated this area? (altho' Montreal you'd think would be popular hot spot to go considering the riot)...

I wonder how they've been doing thus far? I guess it's just fan speculation

How is Buffalo selling?  Take the seat map throw a dart and you can buy that seat at the moment...  It isn't selling good at all.  Our dollar is shit that could have something to do with it.  I don't see many Canucks going over.

4 hours ago, Nicklord said:

That's true I guess in USA.

In Europe they have a big millennial fan base but they basically priced them out. This pic is from GnR show in 2010 from Belgrade

Hide contents

Резултат слика за guns n roses beograd 2010

Yep, Zg and Split similar. my cousin took his kids (highschool and younger) and few of their friends on Split one, and they all became fans after it. They siure would attend potential Croatia gig, but nit with this prices...

6 hours ago, Nicklord said:

How are they not promoting? Posters, billboards, tv ads, radio ads, newspaper ads, internet ads (facebook especially) they are promoting more than 99.99% bands out there 

The exact phrase was "without a ton of promotion". Nobody said there wasn't any promotion being done. But they aren't doing interviews or doing TV show appearances or airing commercials. They could be doing a lot more to bring attention to the shows but they aren't. I've talked with so many people (non-hardcore fans) that had no idea about the reunion or any of the the tour dates. I've read others on this board say the same thing. What does that tell you?

Your 99.99% figure is way out in left field.

Edited by thunderram

On 12/11/2016 at 3:17 AM, scooby845 said:

Yeah....thanks to Europe!!

They should've booked twice as many dates in Europe instead of that pointless secondary markets US leg...

Those "pointless secondary markets US leg" allowed me to see GNR for a second time so I'm happy :-)  Winston Salem, NC 2017!!

• Like 1