Same setlist, different day

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think the issue is if GnR now could handle it without it Izzy, the issue is why play it without Izzy.  They have plenty of other songs that they could play that would be new to the setlist that aren't Izzy songs.  Save that for if/when Izzy actually joins the band.  

Fair enough. I'd like to see Izzy join them and play it, but I wouldn't complain if they played it without him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I don't think the issue is if GnR now could handle it without it Izzy, the issue is why play it without Izzy.  They have plenty of other songs that they could play that would be new to the setlist that aren't Izzy songs.  Save that for if/when Izzy actually joins the band.  

But it's not an Izzy song, it's a GnR song, written by Izzy, Duff and Slash. Duff sings throughout the whole song (he's just not so loud in the mix as Izzy's vocals), and Axl and Slash help sing the chorus and bridge. So if they really dig this song and want to play it then Izzy not being there shouldn't be a reason not to play it.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

But it's not an Izzy song, it's a GnR song, written by Izzy, Duff and Slash. Duff sings throughout the whole song (he's just not so loud in the mix as Izzy's vocals), and Axl and Slash help sing the chorus and bridge. So if they really dig this song and want to play it then Izzy not being there shouldn't be a reason not to play it.

They sing and perform lots of other songs primarily written by izzy.  So what's another one 

slash and duff play on CD songs now that they didn't even have a piece in writing 

frank and mellisa play every song live and didn't write any of the material 

the whole band plays roughly 7 cover songs a night that none of them had any part in writing 

so I say if the band wants to play another primarily song written by izzy let them do it.   They have set the bar pretty low for what there standards of what they perform and who performs it is 

1 minute ago, TheBaconMan said:

They sing and perform lots of other songs primarily written by izzy.  So what's another one 

slash and duff play on CD songs now that they didn't even have a piece in writing 

frank and mellisa play every song live and didn't write any of the material 

the whole band plays roughly 7 cover songs a night that none of them had any part in writing 

so I say if the band wants to play another primarily song written by izzy let them do it.   They have set the bar pretty low for what there standards of what they perform and who performs it is 

Who said it was primarily written by Izzy? But anyway, yeah, they can play whatever they want to, but I'm surprised people think Dust N' Bones is a no go without Izzy, while that's the one song in their catalogue with so many people singing on it and not just background vocals... even Slash has a lead vocal part during the bridge.

12 hours ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

Simple solution, I started to get annoyed with the lack of change in the setlist but I stopped following every show every night.

I am no longer annoyed and I'm pumped to see my second show this summer.

Exactly, all in all if people are tired of seeing GNR then don't see the show, simple.  However I have seen shows on this tour and have seen how happy everyone is walking out of the venue after the show as well as the sales numbers and whatnot - you do not get such positive reactions and numbers if your setlist is boring to people.  

But hey apparently according to someone on this forum we have "low standards" as fans because we genuinely enjoyed the shows we went to and would love to see more.  Fuck me, right? :shrugs:

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Exactly, all in all if people are tired of seeing GNR then don't see the show, simple.  However I have seen shows on this tour and have seen how happy everyone is walking out of the venue after the show as well as the sales numbers and whatnot - you do not get such positive reactions and numbers if your setlist is boring to people.  

But hey apparently according to someone on this forum we have "low standards" as fans because we genuinely enjoyed the shows we went to and would love to see more.  Fuck me, right? :shrugs:

Extremely low fandom standards actually 

like I said I won't be going to any future shows until things change.   As a one off show this is just fine.  I can see why people leave shows with smiles on there faces 

ticket sales and the vast majority of unwashed fans leaving with smiles on there faces does nothing for me as a fan.   It still doesn't change the fact I just witnessed this so called reunited group play other people's songs. 

Perhaps with having a extremely low fandom your enjoyment is brought about by ticket sales and other reactions.....    

i wouldn't know.  I have much higher standards 

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Sure they were happy and enjoyed the show because of CD TIL, Better, Sorry, Wish You Were Here and the Seeker. Right? 

Just now, TheBaconMan said:

Extremely low fandom standards actually 

like I said I won't be going to any future shows until things change.   As a one off show this is just fine.  I can see why people leave shows with smiles on there faces 

ticket sales and the vast majority of unwashed fans leaving with smiles on there faces does nothing for me as a fan.   It still doesn't change the fact I just witnessed this so called reunited group play other people's songs. 

Perhaps with having a extremely low fandom your enjoyment is brought about by ticket sales and other reactions.....    

i wouldn't know.  I have much higher standards 

Ahh there comes the condensing tones even more, saying I have extremely low standards.  Wonderful :shrugs:

And my enjoyment is NOT brought out by ticket sales and other reactions, if you didn't know that the point I was making was that people like you get butthurt when GNR doesn't cater to your personal wants - apparently that just means I am in the wrong for being too easily satisfied with a rock concert?  Yeah that makes total sense dude

Just now, WhazUp said:

People enjoyed the full package of the show, if people didn't want to hear half of the setlist they wouldn't have gone or wouldn't have been as satisfied

But according to you 99.9 % of them didn't know the set list. How do you know they were expecting the set list they got and were satisfied wit the full package?

Just now, Padme said:

But according to you 99.9 % of them didn't know the set list. How do you know they were expecting the set list they got and were satisfied wit the full package?

That is why I added the "or wouldn't have been as satisfied" when they heard the setlist when they went to the show.  If they didn't like the full package I would have seen many many different things than what I saw during and after both shows I went to

5 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Ahh there comes the condensing tones even more, saying I have extremely low standards.  Wonderful :shrugs:

And my enjoyment is NOT brought out by ticket sales and other reactions, if you didn't know that the point I was making was that people like you get butthurt when GNR doesn't cater to your personal wants - apparently that just means I am in the wrong for being too easily satisfied with a rock concert?  Yeah that makes total sense dude

Having these extremely low standards actually is a good think.  If you think about it 

you will never be disapointed.  Works out perfect for you.  There doesn't seem like anything this band could do that you wouldn't like.  You will continue to like the shows even with what they continue not to change and deliver.  You may have a set time in your mind when that will change.  But nothing you have stated actually makes me think this will happen.  No complaints. Keep it up.  Must be nice 

now as someone with much higher standards I am looking forward to this band to change a lot of things up for there next tour leg of North America.  

• Like 1

Just now, TheBaconMan said:

Having these extremely low standards actually is a good think.  If you think about it 

you will never be disapointed.  Works out perfect for you.  There doesn't seem like anything this band could do that you wouldn't like.  You will continue to like the shows even with what they continue not to change and deliver.  You may have a set time in your mind when that will change.  But nothing you have stated actually makes me think this will happen.  No complaints. Keep it up.  Must be nice 

now as someone with much higher standards I am looking forward to this band to change a lot of things up for there next tour leg of North America.  

Ah putting words in my mouth, keep it up buddy.  No need to be condescending just because you are not happy with GNR at the moment

And if you think I will never be disappointed apparently you were not on MYGNRFORUM back in 2012-2015 lol, so yeah that assumption does not work here man.

9 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

That is why I added the "or wouldn't have been as satisfied" when they heard the setlist when they went to the show.  If they didn't like the full package I would have seen many many different things than what I saw during and after both shows I went to

Well during my shows I saw people coming and going all the time. They were more interesting in gettin beer and Tacos than in the shows

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Ah putting words in my mouth, keep it up buddy.  No need to be condescending just because you are not happy with GNR at the moment

And if you think I will never be disappointed apparently you were not on MYGNRFORUM back in 2012-2015 lol, so yeah that assumption does not work here man.

Oh I am not talking about the past. 

I am talking about your low standards now 

it's not an assumption but my opinion based on some of your recent posts on here and responds 

my opinion is that presently this band could do no wrong to you.  You are fine attending shows and with whatever outcomes happen they happen. You are fine with it.   

You have compared this line up to other bands to some how justify this opinion.  You have brought up ticket sales and your opinion on how other people felt st the shows.   Cool. Whatever works for you.  

I justify my opinion as follows 

I expect a diffeeent show completely when this band plays in a city back to back nights 

I do not want to hear this band play other people's music.  In my opinion is horrible that slash and duff play CD songs.  They didn't even come close to writing them but I will giver hem the benifot of the doubt because Axl wrote them.   There is zero excuse for this band to perform other cover songs 

you may like jams.  I think they suck.  I feel with some of the length of these songs they play there is way to much filler as there is. Without adding more nothingness to the shows 

as a fan I would love to hear more original music from this band.   If not new music.  There own music that they don't play. 

I do not even think it's having high standards to request an advertised big three reunion show to consist of 100% material.  

Again if you are happy with whatever cool 

i will never be happy with whatever 

Just now, PsychoKiss344 said:

The setlist rarely changed back in the day...the difference is now every show is shoved in our faces.

Well the big difference to myself is back in the day

these where all fairly new songs   They were new to many people.   

They have been doing the same schtick now forever.  

GNR can't please everybody. So what they will do instead is make the majority happy and make themselves happy. They play all the hits for the majority- as that is why all those people are going to these particular shows in the first place- to see Axl and Slash on stage together playing the hits. Then they will play the Comas and Seekers for themselves. It sucks for those who aren't in the majority or who don't like what the band likes.

I have wondered at times if they had more time and AC/DC didn't take up a good portion Axl's part of their rehearsal/getting their act together time if there would be more songs rotated in. More time to relearn the songs and hash out how to do the songs now that Slash is back in. That'd suck even more for the unhappy with the setlist fans if that was the case. Especially for the ones who didn't like the whole AC/DC thing.

After some thought on this subject I think that it is rather mean of us who don't mind the set list to point out that we are happy with the minor changes that are happening. Or even that some don't want there to be any more than minor changes because they are playing the songs they want to hear at their own show. The setlist complainers are miserable already and can't enjoy the awesome shows. It sucks for them that they can't be happy and enjoy the awesome shows and rubbing it in is kind of mean. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

GNR can't please everybody. So what they will do instead is make the majority happy and make themselves happy. They play all the hits for the majority- as that is why all those people are going to these particular shows in the first place- to see Axl and Slash on stage together playing the hits. Then they will play the Comas and Seekers for themselves. It sucks for those who aren't in the majority or who don't like what the band likes.

I have wondered at times if they had more time and AC/DC didn't take up a good portion Axl's part of their rehearsal/getting their act together time if there would be more songs rotated in. More time to relearn the songs and hash out how to do the songs now that Slash is back in. That'd suck even more for the unhappy with the setlist fans if that was the case. Especially for the ones who didn't like the whole AC/DC thing.

After some thought on this subject I think that it is rather mean of us who don't mind the set list to point out that we are happy with the minor changes that are happening. Or even that some don't want there to be any more than minor changes because they are playing the songs they want to hear at their own show. The setlist complainers are miserable already and can't enjoy the awesome shows. It sucks for them that they can't be happy and enjoy the awesome shows and rubbing it in is kind of mean. 

But I'm not so sure the majority is happy with CD songs. That album was a bust. With NuGN'R made sense to play them because it was it was The Chinese Democracy Tour. But now, why? So Axl can be happy to see Slash playing them? Well in that case Axl should invite Slash to his house and they can have their own private show for their own enjoyment.

Let's face it the majority as you put it want the hits.  I can see their hits are not enough they need to add more songs. So it is ok to add OTGM, My Michelle and UTLH. But they should also add more songs from the UYI albums. Those albums were a huge success. And those songs make more sense to be played because Slash and Duff are back in the band.

1 hour ago, WhazUp said:

it's not an assumption but my opinion based on some of your recent posts on here and responds 

my opinion is that presently this band could do no wrong to you.  You are fine attending shows and with whatever outcomes happen they happen. You are fine with it.   

You have compared this line up to other bands to some how justify this opinion.  You have brought up ticket sales and your opinion on how other people felt st the shows.   Cool. Whatever works for you.  

I expect a diffeeent show completely when this band plays in a city back to back nights 

I do not want to hear this band play other people's music.  In my opinion is horrible that slash and duff play CD songs.  They didn't even come close to writing them but I will giver hem the benifot of the doubt because Axl wrote them.   There is zero excuse for this band to perform other cover songs 

you may like jams.  I think they suck.  I feel with some of the length of these songs they play there is way to much filler as there is. Without adding more nothingness to the shows 

as a fan I would love to hear more original music from this band.   If not new music.  There own music that they don't play. 

I do not even think it's having high standards to request an advertised big three reunion show to consist of 100% material.  

21 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

So is this lost 

the show is fine for a one off show.   It's fine 

back to back shows in market or retiring to a country they played at a year previous things should be changed up.   That sums it up 

then there is many many many other things this band doesn't do that would be nice.   But that's that

1 hour ago, TheBaconMan said:

So you don't like the setlist...you don't like them playing CD songs...you don't like them playing covers....you don't like the jams...and you don't like that there is no music...

And you constantly voice these same complaints in every thread you post in since you joined here. Is this what it means to be a fan these days? 

Yet you condescend to others when they say they enjoy themselves at a show or even two shows?? 

Here's a thought, as you don't think the band is good enough for you since they don't do what you think they should:  Go to one show only..then find another band to follow. One who can meet your "high expectations" which in your mind seems to be the better way to be. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheBaconMan said:

So is this lost 

back to back shows in market or retiring to a country they played at a year previous things should be changed up.   That sums it up 

then there is many many many other things this band doesn't do that would be nice.   But that's that

They do what they do. No one else does that. They're not gonna give you shit other bands give you cause Axl is in charge and besides, each band got it's own rules cause each band consists of a different group of people.

Guns is semi functional for hardcore fans. They offer a good rock show with 3 original members, almost 3 hours of it. Other than that you're not going to get a ton of interviews and an album every couple of years.

It's not old Guns anymore, it's how shit would have been if Axl was always in charge and Slash and Duff have never left. An album is not close to being released, Axl is still on touring mode and the set list and band members are not going anywhere.

Could have been worse, at least they're out there playing and in demand. Perhaps after another year of touring Axl will figure out a way to do more but for the near future it's a nostalgia act take it or leave it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

So is this lost 

I can't say for certain, but I am pretty sure you do two shows in a row in a city because you expect to draw more people to your shows- not that you expect the same people to show up twice. It happens though and it is nice to change things up a little to acknowledge the fact. Plus,  I hope you realize that the second swing through of North America is hitting markets they haven't hit yet. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they shake up the set list from the previous legs.  But really, there is no point of talking about set lists of future shows. They haven't happened yet and unless someone on this board here has the ability to foresee the future we will have to wait and see what happens.

31 minutes ago, Padme said:

But I'm not so sure the majority is happy with CD songs. That album was a bust. With NuGN'R made sense to play them because it was it was The Chinese Democracy Tour. But now, why? So Axl can be happy to see Slash playing them? Well in that case Axl should invite Slash to his house and they can have their own private show for their own enjoyment.

Let's face it the majority as you put it want the hits.  I can see their hits are not enough they need to add more songs. So it is ok to add OTGM, My Michelle and UTLH. But they should also add more songs from the UYI albums. Those albums were a huge success. And those songs make more sense to be played because Slash and Duff are back in the band.

They are performers. Why would he be happy with only watching Slash play the songs? I think it would be more about performing the songs with Slash than simply Slash sitting down and playing a few notes. But I don't know them, so who knows?

I'd like to point out GNR only had 13 songs chart on the billboard charts and Chinese Democracy was one of them. So technically, Chinese Democracy (the song) was one of the hits and Better seems to be appreciated by people on this forum who don't generally like CD. Truthfully though, I am not sure if the majority of the people who are going to the show even knows Chinese Democracy even exists. So I'd put CD down as songs for the band to make the band happy rather than songs to make the fans happy.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

I can't say for certain, but I am pretty sure you do two shows in a row in a city because you expect to draw more people to your shows- not that you expect the same people to show up twice. It happens though and it is nice to change things up a little to acknowledge the fact. Plus,  I hope you realize that the second swing through of North America is hitting markets they haven't hit yet. I'd be pleasantly surprised if they shake up the set list from the previous legs.  But really, there is no point of talking about set lists of future shows. They haven't happened yet and unless someone on this board here has the ability to foresee the future we will have to wait and see what happens.

They are performers. Why would he be happy with only watching Slash play the songs? I think it would be more about performing the songs with Slash than simply Slash sitting down and playing a few notes. But I don't know them, so who knows?

I'd like to point out GNR only had 13 songs chart on the billboard charts and Chinese Democracy was one of them. So technically, Chinese Democracy (the song) was one of the hits and Better seems to be appreciated by people on this forum who don't generally like CD. Truthfully though, I am not sure if the majority of the people who are going to the show even knows Chinese Democracy even exists. So I'd put CD down as songs for the band to make the band happy rather than songs to make the fans happy.

If you can't say for certain then why say anything.   State your opinion and move on 

it's my opinion that a act that doesn't play a different show on back to back nights in a city or market is in it only for the money.   It's very safe and easy to play the exact same show. Exact same arrangement of songs.    I am sure these guys playing the songs can do it in there sleep.  It's easy and it's not for the fans it's for the band making easy coin when they add another show to a city.   

When they return to North American in the summer.  After playing here last year.  They may be performing this show in different cities but they are playing in the same markets that where already covered by the first leg of the North American tour 

so again.  

Back to back shows require a fresh second show 

when returning to a market they have already played a year previous the show is required to be freshened up.  

And to respond to another posters post

i do not mind the songs on the album. CD.   I think there is actually two or three good ones on there 

I do not prefer slash or duff playing these songs however because they had nothing to do with writing them.   Sorta how I prefer not to hear frank play drums every night.    I would prefer to actually hear the people who wrote the material play it.   But I put up with this.   

Sure beats them playing a cover song 

7 minutes ago, sanity_lost said:

In a chart could be 200 songs. What position? What radios around the world have played CD millions of times? How many radios are playing it now. I listen to rock radio while driving. I never heard CD. However I have heard Since I Don't Have You and Don't Cry (Alt. lyrics) To be honest it was shocking but it was so cool :lol:  

You said it yourself. You are not sure the majority of the people at shows know CD exist. So why bother? After all NuGN'R have been playing CD songs since 2001.