Same setlist, different day

12 minutes ago, EvanG said:

To all the people who are saying that during the UYI tour they changed it up so much, no they didn't! Most nights they played the same setlists back then already.

10 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

True. Especially in 93.

Sorry I have to disagree with you both. Take for example Indiana 91 and MSC 91. The set list was not the same. In 92 although the set list was more stable still if you watch Chicago 92 and Argentina 92 you could see a few changes in the set list. In 93 they added the acoustic set, they played Dead Horse, UTLH, You're Crazy and You Ain't The First. You can make the case that those were not new songs. But clearly an acoustic set was a change

If there's not much money in releasing a cd, then it becomes more about the art, but then it's pretty hard to make a great record. Releasing a mediocre one that doesn't sell might not be that attractive. It's kind of a catch 22 or self fulfilling prophecy. If they could break out of that cycle and just get on a run of releases. But GNR seem to put out musical statements. Event albums. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

Sorry I have to disagree with you both. Take for example Indiana 91 and MSC 91. The set list was not the same. In 92 although the set list was more stable still if you watch Chicago 92 and Argentina 92 you could see a few changes in the set list. In 93 they added the acoustic set, they played Dead Horse, UTLH, You're Crazy and You Ain't The First. You can make the case that those were not new songs. But clearly an acoustic set was a change

But the 93 concerts had pretty much the same setlist every night, with a few changes here and there.

6 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

But the 93 concerts had pretty much the same setlist every night, with a few changes here and there.

But it was a different leg and their last one. Now we have the U.S., South America and Japan exactly the same set list, same order.

1 hour ago, Padme said:

You have to remember

All this music in the early 90s was new music to fans.  There was no computers, where people could view shows at a click of mouse, there was tape traders and bootlegs

New music to fans that have never really had a chance to hear it live before!!!!

I welcome the chance to say that one day

2 hours ago, EvanG said:

To all the people who are saying that during the UYI tour they changed it up so much, no they didn't! Most nights they played the same setlists back then already.

This is not true at all....not in 91.  

05.28.91 - Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
opening act: Skid Row
set: Perfect Crime, Out Ta Get Me, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, 14 Years, Mr. Brownstone, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City

05.29.91 - Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
set: Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Civil War, 14 Years, Live And Let Die, It's So Easy, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Perfect Crime
encore 1: Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine
encore 2: Welcome To The Jungle
encore 3: Paradise City

6 hours ago, Padme said:

I can't debate every setlist from those almost three years of touring because I haven't checked them all. But some time ago there was the same discussion so I checked a lot of random setlists from 1991, 1992 and 1993 on setlist.fm and all the setlists I found were more or less for about 90% the same, kinda the same deal as what they are doing now. I never said they were exactly the same, but for the most part they are and were. But I understand that, they wanted to play the big hits to give people their money's worth and they simply didn't have ten albums to pick songs from back then. Sadly they still don't have that 25 years later.

Edited by EvanG

4 hours ago, tsinindy said:

This is not true at all....not in 91.  

05.28.91 - Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
set: Perfect Crime, Out Ta Get Me, Bad Obsession, Live And Let Die, 14 Years, Mr. Brownstone, Civil War, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Double Talkin' Jive, Dust N' Bones, Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine, Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City

05.29.91 - Deer Creek Music Center, Noblesville, IN
set: Right Next Door To Hell, Mr. Brownstone, Bad Obsession, Dust N' Bones, Double Talkin' Jive, I Was Only Joking [Intro] / Patience, Civil War, 14 Years, Live And Let Die, It's So Easy, Drum Solo, Guitar Solo, Godfather Theme, Rocket Queen, November Rain, Only Women Bleed [Intro] / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Perfect Crime
encore 1: Estranged, Bad Time [Intro] / Sweet Child O' Mine
encore 2: Welcome To The Jungle
encore 3: Paradise City

Seriously, go check random setlists from that entire tour and you will see that for the most part they play the same songs. That's a fact. Not an alternative fact...

In this example you give me they play the songs maybe not in the same order, but it's still the same songs they play except for only a few song changes. In fact, the only difference in setlist is that on the first night they play Out To Get Me and the second night November Rain, Right Next Door To Hell and It's So Easy instead, for the rest it is exactly the same.

Edited by EvanG

18 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

They dont even know Out Ta Get Me?! How aboud CD songs?

they don't even know out ta get me, still cant believe it. I had a friend with me that didn't now the lyrics of November Rain... About the CD songs, it was the same but in Better there were more people singing, more the chorus because is easy and catchy

Edited by cqleonardo
mispeled

they should just change the spots of the songs, open with something different, like Brownstone, Jungle, Rocket Queen... I don't know, don't close with Paradise City. If you go to a GNR concert and they open with PC, they gonna take you out of your confort zone, because you don't know whats gonna happen after that, I would love to have this feeling

• Like 1

Yes I agree.   

The esrly 90s shows can get away with the same set lists and same arrangements of songs because they are all fairly new songs.  Some brand new to the hearing public.     

Now every show ends with PC.  PERFECT.  So if I attend another one I will know to leave and best the rush.   I have heard that song enough times for one life time.   Perhaps if they put it earlier on in the set with a different arrangement it might feel fresh.  

Is the world going to explode if they don't play kohd or lald?  Really two cover every night for 30 years.   If Axl doesn't want to play any new music live. Or play any old unreleased music live.  Or even more of the bands already released original songs.   Why not say. Hey I am Axl and I really like this new song on the radio and we are going to play it.   Does he really like singing other people's songs for the past 30 years?  Again I have heard Guns versions of these two songs enough for one life time   And any of the going public has had a great chance over the years to hear them as well.  

I would love for this tour to be.  Ok general audiance 

because this is the last time you are going to ever hear these songs that we have played live for 30 years.   After this tour we will never play them again live and just focus on playing new music 

Can we please have one sticky thread for everyone to bitch about the set list?

do we really need endless new threads about it?

does it need to come up in each thread about each show?

the discussions about it go nowhere.  Let's save the time and drama and just leave it alone.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

the discussions about it go nowhere.  Let's save the time and drama and just leave it alone.

I agree.... out of likes. :lol:

32 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

Am I missing something?

or wasn't this just the most active thread hear about setlist s...: 

so it's about setlist..   and now you are now complaining about coming into an adervisted thread about a topic     

There are many threads here I have zero interest in reading or adding too.   

Perhaps I should go into each one. Such as you have.  And post.  I can't beleave we are talking about this! 

On 1/25/2017 at 4:20 AM, Lies They Tell said:

I don't think it's that surprising that they haven't played Get In The Ring. After all he mentions many people in the lyrics by name and it would probably feel stupid ranting about them, especially, if you've made amends with them. And I guess Axl doesn't feel like coming up with new lyrics either.

And yes, I believe there's just not enough breathing space in Don't Damn Me.

Slash was interviewed awhile ago. The question was why they never played "Don't Damn Me". Slash responded that for Axl to do this live would be difficult due to the breathing spaces.  

6 minutes ago, Draguns said:

Slash was interviewed awhile ago. The question was why they never played "Don't Damn Me". Slash responded that for Axl to do this live would be difficult due to the breathing spaces.  

So why would you record a song you could never perform live even in your prime?  

I do not want a studio band.  

I do not want cgi to play the parts in old movies I like 

I want one of my fav rock bands to play its own music 

On 1/25/2017 at 2:30 PM, RussTCB said:

2016 was unfortunately the nail in the coffin for me on this chapter. It's been well documented that I was an idiot for thinking they'd release new music in 2016. Hell, I even lost some hard earned money over it. Again though, that's my fault for truly believing something would happen.

At this point, I'm totally in with the idea that Axl will never release new music in his lifetime. If anything, I think we'll hear something after he passes and that's it.

I was never expecting an album last year only because they just got back together. I think fans had unreasonable expectations for an album or a new song. They were just getting back together again.   Later this year or next year is when they should release an album. 

1 minute ago, TheBaconMan said:

Dude, honestly stop complaining! It's a great song. You try singing that live and see how it goes. 

38 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

did you see Rogue One?

34 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I was never expecting an album last year only because they just got back together. I think fans had unreasonable expectations for an album or a new song. They were just getting back together again.   Later this year or next year is when they should release an album. 

Dude, honestly stop complaining! It's a great song. You try singing that live and see how it goes. 

So you have your opinion on when you as a fan would like to hear new music from this band.  Cool.  You are basing that off Axl reuintijg with two former members and adding a female piano player and wanting to give them some time.   Cool 

my feeling as a fan is that I have loved this band forever and have just a couple of studio albums of original music to listen to.   This band  in one format or another has played some of these same songs live for the past 30 years straight.   A good percentage of those songs are not even guns music.  They are cover songs. 

So I have given up time. I have zero time left.  I am not giving them the benifot of the doubt.   Because unlike in the past.   We don't even get to hear new unreleased music live.   There is nothing in it as a fan to see this current travelling show again live.   Yes I saw hem last year.   Why should I see them again this year?     So I can puke in my mouth when I hear kohd again live.  No thank you 

1 minute ago, TheBaconMan said:

I feel it was a real good movie.   Howver.  I would not want to go to future Star Wars movies where it's a total cgi experience 

I love gun n roses 

i do not go to there concerts to hear cover songs 

Alright, that's fair

8 hours ago, TheBaconMan said:

Yes I agree.   

The esrly 90s shows can get away with the same set lists and same arrangements of songs because they are all fairly new songs.  Some brand new to the hearing public.     

Now every show ends with PC.  PERFECT.  So if I attend another one I will know to leave and best the rush.   I have heard that song enough times for one life time.   Perhaps if they put it earlier on in the set with a different arrangement it might feel fresh.  

Is the world going to explode if they don't play kohd or lald?  Really two cover every night for 30 years.   If Axl doesn't want to play any new music live. Or play any old unreleased music live.  Or even more of the bands already released original songs.   Why not say. Hey I am Axl and I really like this new song on the radio and we are going to play it.   Does he really like singing other people's songs for the past 30 years?  Again I have heard Guns versions of these two songs enough for one life time   And any of the going public has had a great chance over the years to hear them as well.  

I would love for this tour to be.  Ok general audiance 

because this is the last time you are going to ever hear these songs that we have played live for 30 years.   After this tour we will never play them again live and just focus on playing new music 

No, the world won't explode if they don't play KOHD and LALD. But guess what? Those 2 songs are hits. So they have to play them. Do I need them every show? No. I said this before, beside me there are other 40,000 people inside the venue. They want to hear hits. If it is impossible for you to deal with this very simple fact, then don't go to the shows.

With this up coming European tour I was planing to go to  more than one show. Now I'm not so sure, in part because of the set list. And because it seems there are little chances Adler and Izzy would join them at some point. I have tickets for one show. I'm going to think twice before deciding to attend more shows. I'm not rulling anything out. But I'm in no rush.

They have been playing the same songs for 30 years? Well the Rolling Stones have been playing hits for 50 years despite the fact they have a much larger catalog than GN'R. All the bands play hits in all their shows