Same setlist, different day

51 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

I admit this tour is not for me

I want to hear and see new music.  

I am so sick of hearing over played cover songs and hits from 30 years ago.   Played every single night!

I dare to say this band is not for you either. You won't get anything else or new from them.

When Axl finishes this tour successfully and makes enough money to sustain his fat lifestyle he will probably go into full writing mode after taking a much deserved vacation. It's likely he'll ask Slash to go into a studio and record some things, just try some solos on top of tunes he liked from what Axl has played Slash and Duff.

I genuinely believe they can do it, and Axl is going to go for it. If they manage to complete an album that is not a disposable turd and is as timeless as Chinese, Axl will want to release it.

If it's not good enough, Axl will never release something that tarnishes the Gn'R legacy. The catalog is perfect and my guess is Axl wants to keep it that way.

I trust Axl to only release quality Guns albums. He said he wants to release more, but it won't be soon probably cause he knows the process of creating something special takes time.

Axl is a true artist.

1 hour ago, sofine11 said:

You're only saying that because you're somewhat of a die-hard.  The fact is, Live And Let Die & KOHD are GNR staples to casual rock fans, the ones fill most of the seats in the arenas they're filling.  As much as you may want to hear that original material/deepcuts, the fact is that it would be mostly radio silence if they played, say, Breakdown, Locomotive, Pretty Tied Up, as opposed to the thunderous cheers they get from their well known covers.  They might as well play a Chinese Democracy deepcut, as they'd get the same reaction from the crowd, if they did what you're asking.

They're doing what's best for the show/tour as a whole.  I don't think they care about disappointed fans at home who want to watch them play deepcuts on Youtube. 

So, again, until they hopefully put out new music, I don't see them changing up the set much.

So who has been attending guns shows the past 10 years??  I would say mostly die hard fans.  Yet they still played these stupid cover songs then, they played them in the early 90s and they play them now. 

I feel they became staples of the shows because they have just always been played!  They havnt given there own music, its own chance to become hits.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Too late for that I'm afraid.

But going by what you said, you don't like Alternative Rock. CD is Alternative Rock. It is also influenced by bands you're not into. Even if it's Axl from old Guns, it's not Appetite, Lies, or UYI. Not really.

23 minutes ago, Rovim said:

When Axl finishes this tour successfully and makes enough money to sustain his fat lifestyle he will probably go into full writing mode after taking a much deserved vacation.

Why? What clues indicate that?

It's likely he'll ask Slash to go into a studio and record some things, just try some solos on top of tunes he liked from what Axl has played Slash and Duff.

Slash will be busy with his solo work while Axl goes back to semiretirement - That's likely.

a disposable turd Chinese

yes

I trust Axl to only release quality Guns albums.

With GNR, he released Spaghetti which is mostly shit. And as a solo artist he released CD which is incredibly shitty.

Axl is a true artist.

Used to be.

Rovim, you keep spamming this forum with shit the whole day then you blame pot or some crap like to justify all the crap you write. I don't personally believe in your pot excuse, I think you're completely clean, your drug is called blind love for prince Axl Ross.

Edited by maynard
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, maynard said:

Why? What clues indicate that?

Slash will be busy with his solo work while Axl goes back to semiretirement - That's likely.

yes

With GNR, he released Spaghetti which is mostly shit. And as a solo artist he released CD which is incredibly shitty.

Used to be.

Rovim, you keep spamming this forum with shit the whole day then you blame pot or some crap like to justify all the crap you write. I don't personally believe in your pot excuse, I think you're completely clean, your drug is called blind love for prince Axl Ross.

Clues? this is what I think is going to happen. Did you not see I've used the word "probably"? I think it's likely given the fact Axl said in the China Exchange he wants to do it. And is excited by Slash's playing on stage. It's a good sign.

Don't kid yourself. Slash will be fully available if Axl wants him to be a part of the next Guns album and he agrees to Axl's terms. He is not going to tell Axl to call him in about a year cause Myles wants to do an album lol. Imo.

maynard, I'm only going to increase my output of posts and will seriously look into posting more in other forums as well. You don't like my posts, report me or use the ignore button. Not very hard.

And yes, I am completely clean. You got me. That was a very relevant topic to discuss just now. Not spamming at all.

Edited by Rovim

11 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But going by what you said, you don't like Alternative Rock. CD is Alternative Rock. It is also influenced by bands you're not into. Even if it's Axl from old Guns, it's not Appetite, Lies, or UYI. Not really.

It is more than just the album. It was many of the band's perfoemance from 2011 to 2014. And some of the people in that band. Now Axl is repearing the damage with this reunion. We don't know how long is gonna last. If they part ways again after 1 or 2 years. I don't see any new album coming with Slash and Duff. At this point we don't know what's gonna happen beyond this current tour

8 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Clues? this is what I think is going to happen. Did you not see I've used the word "probably"? I think it's likely given the fact Axl said in the China Exchange he wants to do it. And is excited by Slash's playing on stage. It's a good sign.

Don't kid yourself. Slash will be fully available if Axl wants him to be a part of the next Guns album and he agrees to Axl's terms. He is not going to tell Axl to call him in about a year cause Myles wants to do an album lol. Imo.

maynard, I'm only going to increase my output of posts and will seriously look into posting more in other forums as well. You don't like my posts, report me or use the ignore button. Not very hard.

And yes, I am completely clean. You got me. That was a very relevant topic to discuss just now. Not spamming at all.

Oh, I thought you had some inside info about future GNR plans. Let me put this way. GNR will probably not release anymore music ever again. See how that doesn't look like an opinion at all? I hope you do.

Not Myles, but maybe he wants to do an album, he won't hold on too long for Axl. He's been there. Don't kid yourself.

Feel free to post as much as you want, but I'll keep laughing at your stupidity on every forum. CD is Elton John + Queen in their salsa era.

At least stop blaming your imaginary pot when yout shitposting gets out of control.

16 minutes ago, Padme said:

It is more than just the album. It was many of the band's perfoemance from 2011 to 2014. And some of the people in that band. Now Axl is repearing the damage with this reunion. We don't know how long is gonna last. If they part ways again after 1 or 2 years. I don't see any new album coming with Slash and Duff. At this point we don't know what's gonna happen beyond this current tour

But I went to a 2012 show and it was great. For me. I enjoyed it. Have no problem with it. I just like to see Gn'R live. Even if it's not as good as it once was or an AC/DC show.

What damage? Tommy left, Bumble left, Duff explained that Slash is not evil to Axl, Axl saw all the offers and the money, it made sense, he never wanted Slash and Duff to quit anyway. And why do you think they're gonna part ways? They're getting along fine. Things are going great.

I think it's possible a new album will come with Slash and Duff, but years from now and only if Axl thinks it's good enough. Axl said he wants to keep Guns going for as long as possible and Slash and Duff wanted back in Guns, they're not gonna quit again imo.

Too much money to be made, and other than that, Gn'R is where they belong musically speaking.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Padme said:

I cant see any music coming out from this current line up

Now would be the time to strike while they have the power of this tour promotion behind it.

Simply having a song on a movies sound track, that is played on the radio in local markets that are promoting this tour, then sold live and concerts and played live....

Seems very simple and easy and good business

BUT

We don't have or get that.   So I am thinking this is what we get, then we will get silence

Oh

Perhaps a blue ray.  Ugh

Just now, Rovim said:

But I went to a 2012 show and it was great. For me. I enjoyed it. Have no problem with it. I just like to see Gn'R live. Even if it's not as good as it once was or an AC/DC show.

What damage? Tommy left, Bumble left, Duff explained that Slash is not evil to Axl, Axl saw all the offers and the money, it made sense, he never wanted Slash and Duff to quit anyway. And why do you think they're gonna part ways? They're getting along fine. Things are going great.

I think it's possible a new album will come with Slash and Duff, but years from now and only if Axl thinks it's good enough. Axl said he wants to keep Guns N' Roses for as long as possible and Slash and Duff wanted back in Guns, they're not gonna quit again imo.

Too much money to be made, and other than that, Gn'R is where they belong musically speaking.

What damage? The whole revolving door band. And bad perfomances like RIR in 2011. Axl sounding like Mickey Mouse in many shows

• Like 1

Oh, I thought you had some inside info about future GNR plans. Let me put this way. GNR will probably not release anymore music ever again. See how that doesn't look like an opinion at all? I hope you do.

Not Myles, but maybe he wants to do an album, he won't hold on too long for Axl. He's been there. Don't kid yourself.

Feel free to post as much as you want, but I'll keep laughing at your stupidity on every forum. CD is Elton John + Queen in their salsa era.

At least stop blaming your imaginary pot when yout shitposting gets out of control.

I think Axl will definitely try to make it happen, and Slash and Duff will do everything in their power to come up with ideas that Axl will use.

Slash doesn't need to "hold on" for Axl. He can go do disposable with Myles until Axl is in the mood.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Padme said:

What damage? The whole revolving door band. And bad perfomances like RIR in 2011. Axl sounding like Mickey Mouse in many shows

Axl was never consistent live. And now he's old. And he doesn't prepare or rehearse unless it says "AC/DC" on the ticket. Axl always improves after enough shows has been performed.

Rio in 2011 was the first show after a long time. I've seen him a year later and he was great. I don't expect perfection, I just accept that some shows will be great and some not so much. Unless it's Angus he's singing for.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I heard Slash say he likes to change it up, especially when he's promoting a new record. He likes to play and he likes to work up new stuff to keep it exciting when he's on the road.

True, it is extra work for the crew if the guys decide to throw in 1o different songs  on the next leg, or even just a couple of new songs on the spur of the moment! But the crew they are using are professionals; yeah they'll be caught on the hop, but they'll be able to handle it even if it means using generic fotage on the big screens or using a very basic lightning set up with no pyro etc. 

If Guns were going out doing elaborate stage set ups or they were working with choreographed dancers etc. i'd say it's reasonable that they have to keep the set the same as changing things in any significant way would take a lot of work and would involve a lot of different moving parts. 

GNR are just a rock band, like Metallica or Bruce. They can play shows with different set orders on back to back nights. It's as simple as saying to road manager "Give the new set to to the crew guys, we're opening with My World tonight". Metallica change something almost every night (especially on back to back nights in the same place) and their shows are just as big and elaborate as GNR (Lots of pyro, lights, Screens etc).

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TheBaconMan said:

I cant see any music coming out from this current line up

Now would be the time to strike while they have the power of this tour promotion behind it.

Simply having a song on a movies sound track, that is played on the radio in local markets that are promoting this tour, then sold live and concerts and played live....

Seems very simple and easy and good business

BUT

We don't have or get that.   So I am thinking this is what we get, then we will get silence

Oh

Perhaps a blue ray.  Ugh

I can see max one album (guessing in late 2018 at earliest). But that window is closing fast, there's no way Axl is going to be still on the road singing You could be mine at 60+, unless he drastically lowers the key the songs.

20 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Cause theres absolutely no better way to end a show. If you saw them live, you'd know. Simple as that.

I don't know, I think Nightrain would do the job, just as well!

Axl has operated this way since the CD release failure. He became more of an entertainer and now spends 100% of his time and energy as an entertainer. From 2011 til today, Axl focus is performing live. He will not release music anymore.

2016 was unfortunately the nail in the coffin for me on this chapter. It's been well documented that I was an idiot for thinking they'd release new music in 2016. Hell, I even lost some hard earned money over it. Again though, that's my fault for truly believing something would happen.

At this point, I'm totally in with the idea that Axl will never release new music in his lifetime. If anything, I think we'll hear something after he passes and that's it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

2016 was unfortunately the nail in the coffin for me on this chapter. It's been well documented that I was an idiot for thinking they'd release new music in 2016. Hell, I even lost some hard earned money over it. Again though, that's my fault for truly believing something would happen.

At this point, I'm totally in with the idea that Axl will never release new music in his lifetime. If anything, I think we'll hear something after he passes and that's it.

2016 was the year of the reunion tour. I wasn't expecting a new album. It wouldn't make any sense for Slash and Duff to play a like 10 new songs they have nothing to do with. Besides reunion tours are mostly about classic songs anyway.

As for CD II or a new album with brand new songs written by Axl, Slash and Duff this year or next. It would depend of what Axl, Slash and Duff plan to do. And what the record company may want.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I dunno.  Aren't artists and labels scrambling for any way to make a record/new music seem viable?  I would imagine the first album of original GNR material featuring Slash since 1991 would seem a little too attractive for either party to at least heavily consider.  You have to figure, per Axl, he and Slash didn't meet face to face until their dinner at Axl's house in October of 2015.  Then the triumphant reunion tour was put together, and has been wildly successful.   We're not even 1 year into the tour yet, with half the world still clamoring to have a look at what we've been lucky enough to witness...more than once.

I think once this tour wraps late this summer, if things go radio silent on the new music front, and Slash returns to recording with SMKC we can all agree that, no, new GNR music is not likely in Axl's lifetime.  But giving them the benefit of the doubt, and assuming they'll want to continue after this tour wraps, don't be surprised if the "re-branding" comes in the form of new material.

Edited by sofine11

49 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I dunno.  Aren't artists and labels scrambling for any way to make a record/new music seem viable?  I would imagine the first album of original GNR material featuring Slash since 1991 would seem a little too attractive for either party to at least heavily consider.  You have to figure, per Axl, he and Slash didn't meet face to face until their dinner at Axl's house in October of 2015.  Then the triumphant reunion tour was put together, and has been wildly successful.   We're not even 1 year into the tour yet, with have the world still clamoring to have a look at what we've been lucky enough to witness...more than once.

I think once this tour wraps late this summer, if things go radio silent on the new music front, and Slash returns to recording with SMKC we can all agree that, no, new GNR music is not likely in Axl's lifetime.  But giving them the benefit of the doubt, and assuming they'll want to continue after this tour wraps, don't be surprised if the "re-branding" comes in the form of new material.

But who's to say that after the tour is over Axl will want to go into the studio straight away and work on the next album? even if Slash returns to SMKC to finish up CON lll and do a tour, that doesn't mean no new Gn'R music will be released in Axl's lifetime.

I think some fans just want another Guns album and it's been 8 fuckin' years since Chinese came out. 10 since the leaks. That's a fuckload of years.

But shouldn't we factor the reunion into it? Axl had the second half of Chinese if we choose to believe him, but the moment Slash and Duff came back, they went on tour which makes sense, and now CD ll with Bucket, Robin, and Bumble is irrelevant without Slash and maybe no rasp.

I think Axl is not planning on just touring with Gn'R until he croaks. But he is on touring mode right now. Making money, enjoying having Slash and Duff in his band again, enjoying the acceptance of the crowd and I guess for him it's good enough for now.

It's not the time for a new album right now. Even if that sounds ridiculous, I think Axl did not change the way he does things. He probably has a lot of material he's attached to, and he'll probably try to write fresh material that hopefully will be more relevant to this line up and Slash and Duff might find a way to connect to it and turn it into great Guns tunes. It's possible.

Axl seems to be very excited about this line up. He has the chance to make an album with Slash again. And Duff. Just because it's not happening right now doesn't mean it won't ever happen.

Edited by Rovim