GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Honestly, the last two years there is only one picture of Axl in his downtime, was made from a guy that saw him walking his dogs in 2017.

I wish he has a lady like Meegan or Susan that post everything they do on Instagram but is not the case....sadly for us...good for him.

Can we really blame Axl for being media shy though? Press hasn’t always been kind to him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I agree that it doesn’t help, but the anger and dislike isn’t blind.

A dormant society wakes up to the notion of having one of them in the office, while they were sleeping and living comfortable not giving a damn about politics, people like Trump were paving their path to power.

Now they think that tweeting discomfort and disagreement will make a change. Lol at all of you.

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Honestly, the last two years there is only one picture of Axl in his downtime, was made from a guy that saw him walking his dogs in 2017.

I wish he has a lady like Meegan or Susan that post everything they do on Instagram but is not the case....sadly for us...good for him.

I'm not even talking about "everything they do" I don't need to know "everything they do". In fact I don't care. I think that Axl could do a little bit more than just tours and politics :shrugs:

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

I think the tweet is about this, not the Music Modernization Act:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/kanye-west-donald-trump-chicago-crime-white-house/

You are right@Blackstar, the people misinterptet Axl tweet,he just refered about Chicago crime, not about this music law, i read the link you post and is very clear.

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Exactly! And that absurd rant that Kanye said for 10 minutes.

And for the journalist...it is so shady and suspicious and the answer of Trump so awful and not helpful at all.

Indeed.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, killuridols said:

A dormant society wakes up to the notion of having one of them in the office, while they were sleeping and living comfortable not giving a damn about politics, people like Trump were paving their path to power.

Now they think that tweeting discomfort and disagreement will make a change. Lol at all of you.

Staying quiet isn’t going to change things, speaking out loud will start the wheels of change. I would never LOL about any country’s social unrest.

5 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Well that depends whether his thinking and tweeting is spontaneous or takes some deep thinking before putting fingers to keyboard.

It obviously requires him to spend quite some time reading/watching the news in order to comment on them. So I doubt it takes him just one minute.

17 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I would love that too. But he probably wouldn't. My feeling is that he is totally wary of any kind of exposure - in terms of pap shots, social media videos, fans gushing over him etc. - now after being burned so badly in the past. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, money honey said:

I would love that too. But he probably wouldn't. My feeling is that he is totally wary of any kind of exposure - in terms of pap shots, social media videos, fans gushing over him etc. - now after being burned so badly in the past. 

Was he exactly been burnt badly in the past? I mean it. What was the press being unfair about, seriously?

Sure, if you count the domestic violence, riots and going mental on his bandmates, which he totally didn’t do, so he’s fucking innocent? lol

You know what I mean? He just wasn’t a nice person and the press caught up on that. For some reason I do think he now is a nice enough person on a daily basis.

I think those Indy-boys are somewhat reclusive. Maybe it’s a mentality thing? :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Was he exactly been burnt badly in the past? I mean it. What was the press being unfair about, seriously?

Sure, if you count the domestic violence, riots and going mental on his bandmates, which he totally didn’t do, so he’s fucking innocent? lol

Fans who cannot see things from an objective point of view like to repeat like parrots that media is to blame for his reclusive spirit.

I think he is a reclusive for fear of people and for being conscious of what he's done. Just take a look to the comments on any website where is reported that he's been criticizing Trump... In a nutshell, most comments advice him to clean his own backyard before criticizing others, they blame him for destroying the band, for walking out of shows and unleashing riots.

I mean, none of those things are "made up stories" by the press. Thousands of people attended shows that were cancelled because of his behavior and people have intact memories of that. Also, he's the one who toured for more than a decade with a bunch of guys he called Gn'R but they were not.... no one else but him did it.

When you have so many things to apologize for but you are not willing to do it, you obviously gotta go stealth with it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Fans who cannot see things from an objective point of view like to repeat like parrots that media is to blame for his reclusive spirit.

I think he is a reclusive for fear of people and for being conscious of what he's done. Just take a look to the comments on any website where is reported that he's been criticizing Trump... In a nutshell, most comments advice him to clean his own backyard before criticizing others, they blame him for destroying the band, for walking out of shows and unleashing riots.

I mean, none of those things are "made up stories" by the press. Thousands of people attended shows that were cancelled because of his behavior and people have intact memories of that. Also, he's the one who toured for more than a decade with a bunch of guys he called Gn'R but they were not.... no one else but him did it.

When you have so many things to apologize for but you are not willing to do it, you obviously gotta go stealth with it.

The band destroyed itself by way of the members not taking care of their individual afflictions. Not a one of them is innocent in that respect. Sure Axl was an asshole and did some pretty shitty things....sometimes for the right reasons, but the rest of the guys did shitty things too and the press didn’t ride them as hard.  Do I think Axl is a saint? Hell no.....but I do think that the media... what was that phrase you used, blindly hates him so much that they can’t put his past behind them, and apparently neither can his fans.

Now that I’m done playing devils advocate, I understand completely where you are coming from and agree with your assessment to an extent.

• Like 1

I really don’t wanna discuss the whole did-Axl-split-up-the-band-or-was-it-all-of-them. It’s getting old. (As well as the Who-s-an-Axl-nutswinger-talk. *yawn*)

Just wanted to point out that the stories media was reporting on were real. 

Anyway, Axl can be as reclusive as he wants. Duff can be out there on social media with his private life as much as he wants. (But then don’t bloody pretend you didn’t get the discussions about Izzy being in the reunion or not that was on social media, Ned Flanders!) For me it is those missing Izzy and Steven, the whole fabrication of the threeunion and no-info-politics as well as the no-new-music-or-only-rumour-politics that fans have a right to have an opinion about. Every artist, celebrity, whatever should not be critzicize for being reclusive. - That coming from an Izzy fan, I hope you get that I really mean it. lol

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Tori72 said:

You know what I mean? He just wasn’t a nice person and the press caught up on that. For some reason I do think he now is a nice enough person on a daily basis.

I think those Indy-boys are somewhat reclusive. Maybe it’s a mentality thing? :lol:

Yes my dear, we midwesterners are notoriously reclusive with all those cornfields to hide in LOL

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Yes my dear, we midwesterners are notoriously reclusive with all those cornfields to hide in LOL

For real now? :lol: I’m really interested in that. Is that a mentality thing? You’re not outgoing and all? What is it that people say the Indianians (?) are like, mentality wise?

EDIT: The cornfields! Lol. Fan fiction is going on about the cornfields forever. But I’m not gonna say what they made up what happend there. :P

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

I really don’t wanna discuss the whole did-Axl-split-up-the-band-or-was-it-all-of-them. It’s getting old. (As well as the Who-s-an-Axl-nutswinger-talk. *yawn*)

Just wanted to point out that the stories media was reporting on were real. 

Anyway, Axl can be as reclusive as he wants. Duff can be out there on social media with his private life as much as he wants. (But then don’t bloody pretend you didn’t get the discussions about Izzy being in the reunion or not that was on social media, Ned Flanders!) For me it is those missing Izzy and Steven, the whole fabrication of the threeunion and no-info-politics as well as the no-new-music-or-only-rumour-politics that fans have a right to have an opinion about. Every artist, celebrity, whatever should not be critzicize for being reclusive. - That coming from an Izzy fan, I hope you get that I really mean it. lol

Well said

• Like 1

Just now, Tori72 said:

For real now? :lol: I’m really interested in that. Is that a mentality thing? You’re not outgoing and all? What is it that people say the Indianians (?) are like, mentality wise?

I’m from Illinois and I am a bit reclusive in my own right. People from Indiana are usually pretty outspoken but tend to keep to themselves, so some tend to retreat into their heads more than others. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rocketqueen76 said:

I’m from Illinois and I am a bit reclusive in my own right. People from Indiana are usually pretty outspoken but tend to keep to themselves, so some tend to retreat into their heads more than others. 

Ok, thanks. So we got it all sorted out again. Axl and Izzy being Indianians.

Not gonna mention the cornfields now.  :awesomeface:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tori72 said:

Ok, thanks. So we got it all sorted out again. Axl and Izzy being Indianians.

Not gonna mention the cornfields now.  :awesomeface:

Johnny Carson once said “If you ever want to commit a murder and get away with it, go to Decatur, Illinois.” 

He was implying that the cornfields would help hide the body.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Johnny Carson once said “If you ever want to commit a murder and get away with it, go to Decatur, Illinois.” 

He was implying that the cornfields would help hide the body.

You definitely read other fanfiction than me :rofl-lol:

• Haha 1

It's like those people who blindly support and follow Axl despite whatever he did or didn't do. There was this girl on IG recently who tried to pick a fight with me about it when I asked if she was going to go to any of the SMKC shows in Europe (if there was one near her). She got all upset because she's an "Axl girl" so I guess she can't support SMKC as well. Fans like her are really annoying and ruin it for everyone else.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's like those people who blindly support and follow Axl despite whatever he did or didn't do. There was this girl on IG recently who tried to pick a fight with me about it when I asked if she was going to go to any of the SMKC shows in Europe (if there was one near her). She got all upset because she's an "Axl girl" so I guess she can't support SMKC as well. Fans like her are really annoying and ruin it for everyone else.

I hear you, but would you jump ship if your favorite sports team lost a game or two? But I understand your thought process.