GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

The band destroyed itself by way of the members not taking care of their individual afflictions. Not a one of them is innocent in that respect. Sure Axl was an asshole and did some pretty shitty things....sometimes for the right reasons, but the rest of the guys did shitty things too and the press didn’t ride them as hard

I know the band went through a natural process of self-destruction with all the bad blood among all of them but it could have stopped there, you know? What was the need to tarnish the name of the band by bringing musicians who were clearly NOT the essence of the band that achieved so much success?

That's my interpretation of what fans mean when they accuse Axl of destroying the band, because in the end, he was always the captain leading the ship, so people will always blame him.

What shits did Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven do? Nothing. They destroyed themselves with drugs but I don't see what is the real bad they did to the band. What would media have to blame them for? They were drugaddicts and even in that state, all of them managed to build a solo career, more or less successful, but they all survived Guns N' Roses somehow :shrugs:

And it was not because of them that shows would get cancelled and riots started, so...

Do I think Axl is a saint? Hell no.....but I do think that the media... what was that phrase you used, blindly hates him so much that they can’t put his past behind them, and apparently neither can his fans.

Can you name a recent publication where Axl is being harshly criticized for his past?

Media doesn't blindly hate Axl because he's not relevant in today's music business. And the guys who he had feuds with are mostly retired from the newsrooms.

No one in the media is out to get Axl. But audience does remember and that's where most of the harsh comments come from.

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

I really don’t wanna discuss the whole did-Axl-split-up-the-band-or-was-it-all-of-them. It’s getting old. (As well as the Who-s-an-Axl-nutswinger-talk. *yawn*)

I was not bringing it as topic of discussion. All I said is that people, fans, social media commentators do bring up that topic whenever there's an article addressing Axl's tweets.

It came to my mind because yesterday I saw Lowdwire, NME and Rolling Stone posting articles about Axl's tweets regarding Trump and Kanye West and well...it called my attention what was being said about that.

I hear you, but would you jump ship if your favorite sports team lost a game or two? But I understand your thought process.

I'm not interested in the least about this new SMKC album/tour. But if other fans care I don't see any problem with that. The question is why Slash is busy with Conspirators instead of being full time GN'R? I guess the answer is that he won't sit on his ass for several months until the next GN'R tour. 

3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

It's like those people who blindly support and follow Axl despite whatever he did or didn't do. There was this girl on IG recently who tried to pick a fight with me about it when I asked if she was going to go to any of the SMKC shows in Europe (if there was one near her). She got all upset because she's an "Axl girl" so I guess she can't support SMKC as well. Fans like her are really annoying and ruin it for everyone else.

I guess I'm a bit like the opposite of that girl, i lost interest in Guns when everyone left/got fired then I returned when Slash rejoined, I couldn't support Axl because there was nothing to support until CD came out a gazillion years later. I chose Slash who was making and releasing music but i still listened to all my old Guns bootlegs and loved them. I love classic Guns and always will, Axl was an amazing singer/frontman but a poor example of a man. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I love classic Guns and always will, Axl was an amazing singer/frontman but a poor example of a man. 

If he had not prostituted the name of the band trying to replace every single former member, I think he would have been seen in a different light back then.

But he thought he was God Almighty. And had to learn the lesson in the hard way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Padme said:

I'm not interested in the least about this new SMKC album/tour. But if other fans care I don't see any problem with that. The question is why Slash is busy with Conspirators instead of being full time GN'R? I guess the answer is that he won't sit on his ass for several months until the next GN'R tour. 

Because in his mind GnR isn't his main band, SMKC is. That's been inferred by some first hand conversations I've had. It's funny because some of these interviews say something like, "Slash releasing new album Living The Dream with side project SMKC" but in reality GnR is the side project. He won't come out and say it like that but he's said in recent interviews that SMKC isn't going away and will be around for a long time while with GnR they would like to record but they'll see what happens next year. One of the interviews he said something about how he always intended to get the Conspirators back together when he had a break from NITL to do this new album. It wasn't a question of if but when.

The thing I was talking about in my previous post about that girl was not about how she didn't want to see SMKC but about how she, in the way that she responded to me, seems to be blindly fanatical about Axl like some of the people on that FB group. Just seemed really irritating that she would say that then try to start a fight with me, as if I was criticizing her or something.

Edited by MaskingApathy
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

Because in his mind GnR isn't his main band, SMKC is. That's been inferred by some first hand conversations I've had. It's funny because some of these interviews say something like, "Slash releasing new album Living The Dream with side project SMKC" but in reality GnR is the side project. He won't come out and say it like that but he's said in recent interviews that SMKC isn't going away and will be around for a long time while with GnR they would like to record but they'll see what happens next year. One of the interviews he said something about how he always intended to get the Conspirators back together when he had a break from NITL to do this new album. It wasn't a question of if but when.

The thing I was talking about in my previous post about that girl was not about how she didn't want to see SMKC but about how she, in the way that she responded to me, seems to be blindly fanatical about Axl like some of the people on that FB group. Just seemed really irritating that she would say that then try to start a fight with me, as if I was criticizing her or something.

Is funny how in every single interview he talks about GNR as his band and he expects to be in there for a long time, or he lied? Is obvious that he thinks he would be able to manage both.....as for GNR like I have said  with Slash and Duff back only has 2 choices: new album and tour or simply let it go, the public will not accept another version of GNR that not have Slash in there and I bet that Axl knows this.

https://metalheadzone.com/net-worth-of-guns-n-roses-members/

It's funny how they talk about the classic members then jump straight to Melissa :lol:

5 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Is funny how in every single interview he talks about GNR as his band and he expects to be in there for a long time, or he lied? Is obvious that he thinks he would be able to manage both.....as for GNR like I have said  with Slash and Duff back only has 2 choices: new album and tour or simply let it go, the public will not accept another version of GNR that not have Slash in there and I bet that Axl knows this.

It is his band and he does expect to be there a long time, but he's not going to get rid of everything else and just do that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MaskingApathy said:

https://metalheadzone.com/net-worth-of-guns-n-roses-members/

It's funny how they talk about the classic members then jump straight to Melissa :lol:

It is his band and he does expect to be there a long time, but he's not going to get rid of everything else and just do that. 

Well that's the point. If he gets together with Axl and Duff(maybe Izzy also) to write new songs for a new GN'R album. There wouldn't be Conspirators. The problem is he doesn't get to decide. GN'R won't be Slash side project if there is a future for this reunion.

2 hours ago, Padme said:

Well that's the point. If he gets together with Axl and Duff(maybe Izzy also) to write new songs for a new GN'R album. There wouldn't be Conspirators. The problem is he doesn't get to decide. GN'R won't be Slash side project if there is a future for this reunion.

No, there still will be Conspirators even with a new GnR album. It won't be as consistent as 2010-2015 but it's not going away. 

I hung out with the long, dark haired band members in January and one of them told me that he had gone to one of the GnR shows in 2017 and when he and Slash were hanging out backstage after the show Slash said to him, "This GnR thing is fun but I can't wait to get back together with you guys and play my songs." (I'm paraphrasing there). I think the main band/side project dynamic might shift down the road depending on future plans but SMKC will still be around. Albums, tours etc.

• GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

No, there still will be Conspirators even with a new GnR album. It won't be as consistent as 2010-2015 but it's not going away. 

I hung out with the long, dark haired band members in January and one of them told me that he had gone to one of the GnR shows in 2017 and when he and Slash were hanging out backstage after the show Slash said to him, "This GnR thing is fun but I can't wait to get back together with you guys and play my songs." (I'm paraphrasing there). I think the main band/side project dynamic might shift down the road depending on future plans but SMKC will still be around. Albums, tours etc.

Slash didn't mention a new GN'R album. The fun GN'R thing is the tour. So it's easy for him to claim he can't wait to be making albums with Conspirators. Obviously the guy wants to make albums with somebody

50 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I think based in Slash´s interviews we can read he really is comitted in GNR, but in my opinion it must be a new album to keep Slash in the band. At least for me (an Axl's nutswinger) there is not GNR without Slash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

I think based in Slash´s interviews we can read he really is comitted in GNR, but in my opinion it must be a new album to keep Slash in the band. At least for me (an Axl's nutswinger) there is not GNR without Slash.

I never said he's not comitted in GnR.

14 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

I never said he's not comitted in GnR.

The issue is what their plans are after Hawaii, South Africa, etc? Are they going to keep touring forever without a new album or any kind of changes? If the answer is yes. Then first they should rename the tour. The Pointless Neverending Tour. In that case Slash will keep making albums with Conspirators. If on the other hand there is a new GN'R album. Then Slash priority will be this new GN'R album and the tour that would come with it.

9 minutes ago, Padme said:

The issue is what their plans are after Hawaii, South Africa, etc? Are they going to keep touring forever without a new album or any kind of changes? If the answer is yes. Then first they should rename the tour. The Pointless Neverending Tour. In that case Slash will keep making albums with Conspirators. If on the other hand there is a new GN'R album. Then Slash priority will be this new GN'R album and the tour that would come with it.

Who knows, as Slash said in one of the interviews, they'll wait and see next year.

Slash had been in conspirators for so long, there was work in progress before GNR happened and Slash turned on a spot back to his home band... Even in his bio he marks GNR as home and that was during the cold war in the band... Slash just finished what they began some time ago when Axl-Slash together didn't seem to ever happen, and now they tour it. SMKC is straightforward rock'n'roll Slash likes (I laughed hard when Rolling Stone  advised Slash to find more... sophisticated lyricist next) and why not to keep some friendships and stuff? Axl is way more challenging and versatile as a songwriter (at least) than Myles and even if you like it smooth and simple from time to time, you eventually return to a challenge. Years passed, they are not that bunch in a Hell house which put together Appetite, they split their time to many things and projects. 

Remember how Slash talked about how he sought after Keith Richards and gave him a big hug after Slash stood on the stage with Axl again? All those lovable details and connections... Keith is one hell of a wise man...

Me, I'm not going to SMKC, even there are two shows dirty near; I poorly channel Slash and I can't stand Myles's lack of versatility.

Long time ago, when rock'n'roll was the new crowning jewel of music industry, there was a band, Big Brother and the Holding Company. That band was somehow semi-amateur and sloppy bunch, they just happened to have this miraculous, outrageous, sometimes pain-in-the-ass-bitch singer Janis. Promoters pushed Janis to solo career, but she never wanted to go solo. She didn't feel like that, she wanted to be a part of a band. Disowned by her own family, the band was her only actual family. After some time and much tension 'Big Brother...' broke, guys were basically forgotten and Janis was leading bunch of hire-hands with the weight of the band solely on her shoulders. No, not happy. Even seasoned pros, they never clicked as tight as her original band. I was just thinking that, at the end, Axl is deeply humble guy and maybe he just wanted to be a part of something, not odd sore thumb. He could promote himself as some kind of Axl Rose and his Melody Boys, he just never wanted it that way.

Back then he was bunch of pain, mess, and insecurities in very volatile package - with junkies who could OD any day around - and there would me massive legal battle for rights on material if, like, Slash died or anything. 

Just sayin'. 

Never seen this picture before...... it came up on my email today....

PH-101409994.jpg&maxW=900&maxH=900&cache

Surrounded by body guards, rock star Axl Rose, center, enters a St. Louis courthouse for the afternoon session, Oct. 14, 1993. The lead singer of Guns N’ Roses is in a civil proceeding with a man who claims he suffered a back injury during one of the group’s concerts in 1991. (AP Photo/Mary Butkus)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

Never seen this picture before...... it came up on my email today....

PH-101409994.jpg&maxW=900&maxH=900&cache

Surrounded by body guards, rock star Axl Rose, center, enters a St. Louis courthouse for the afternoon session, Oct. 14, 1993. The lead singer of Guns N’ Roses is in a civil proceeding with a man who claims he suffered a back injury during one of the group’s concerts in 1991. (AP Photo/Mary Butkus)

Never seen it either. Why does he look like a mad, angry gnome there? So short and mean. lol Also this late 80s/early 90s fashion kills me. So ugly. Also you can see he is balding there and has fewer hair than today. 

That’s the most profound I can go today.

• Haha 4

He doesn't look mad. He has power of his own, he's focused like cougar and, different from the others, he looks directly at the photographer/camera and is aware that he's photographed. It's basically a pose and statement. He's going to a trial and he's not going there guilty or to loose. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Why does he look like a mad, angry gnome there? So short and mean. lol Also this late 80s/early 90s fashion kills me. So ugly. Also you can see he is balding there and has fewer hair than today. 

:lol:

I thought he looks like 80 years old in this pic..... but I guess he was kind of hiding from photographers, that's why he's hunching behind the bodyguards...

Also it is strange, this is October 1993... 3 months after his last show with GN'R in Argentina.... and he already looks so different, like he aged 20 years in a couple of months :unsure:

Balding could be due to going through loads of stress. It's like he finished the tour and had to face all this drama that was accumulating from previous years.

So sad....

Edited by killuridols
  • Like 2