GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

1 hour ago, killuridols said:

I thought it was uber funny the way you described him in that pic :lol: but I also think he looks terrible in the purple suit, no matter what face he has. Actually, all those photos taken of him going to Court in the 90s are awful..... well, to me they are.... Axl and suits dont suit each other :lol: :facepalm:

Ah, thanks :) And yes, Axl can’t look good suits. (Only Izzy can :P)

I dont mean with this post. It was the other day with a different topic.

But nevermind :P

Which one? I really wanna know. 

Sorry, double posting but here's a random Axl audio for you all.  I don’t think I heard or saw it before. Does anyone of you happen to know the interview? @Blackstar by any chance? <_< It is Axl talking about his childhood etc. I guess it must be 92 or so.

https://www.tumblr.com/video/hapnophobia/179112215204/700/

He’s got a smoker’s voice, if you ask me. Naturally deep but this smoker’s edge to it that sounds sexy but not healthy. lol. Whatever that says about me, @killuridols :lol:

Edited by Tori72
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, killuridols said:

I've noticed how bipolar you've been lately, dear @Tori72... what's up with You? :suspicious:

Perla threw a party to celebrate her new marital status and she had a cake with a Slash being smashed in between. LOL.

I'm lazy to go check what happened last night with London's show.... Hopefully one of You, still more energetic fans than me, will bring the scoop so we can continue gossiping -_-

Meegan replied to someone on her instagram: "His mother is always allowed to see him. The Drama stays oft this page."

Edited by lilacmess
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

I wondered if slash divorced her years ago whether we would have gotten a reunion sooner. Axl never liked her and that came from marc canter.

Around 2010 they filed for divorce. But soon after they called it off. So It almost happened a lot earlier. I guess we could've had the reunion in 2012 or so.

10 minutes ago, Padme said:

I wonder if London is so desperate to have his mother at every single show he performes. I could be wrong. But it sounds to me London's show is just an excuse for Perla to get on Slash nerves

Idk. How old is he again?

10 minutes ago, Lio said:

My daughter is a lot younger, but I know I'd go to each and every show if she was ever in a band :heart:

Yeah, proud Mom alert. Me probably too. If she’d want it or not!!!! lol 

In my late teens I wanted to play for my parents. Once. Not all the time. lol. We’ll see if I’ll remember that in a couple of years.:lol:

15 minutes ago, Lio said:

My daughter is a lot younger, but I know I'd go to each and every show if she was ever in a band :heart:

Your comment reminded me of this, it's so cute. I hope a seven-year-old doesn't listen too many of Gn'R songs. Then again, I was 7-8 years old in the late 80's when I started to listen secretly my older sister's AFD-tape and barely understood anything about it. Probably not the most typical way to become a Gn'R fan.

3 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

She is talking!!!

Are you going to listen to her? 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Idk. How old is he again?

2 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Yeah, proud Mom alert. Me probably too. If she’d want it or not!!!! lol 

In my late teens I wanted to play for my parents. Once. Not all the time. lol. We’ll see if I’ll remember that in a couple of years.:lol:

You play music?

7 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry, double posting but here's a random Axl audio for you all.  I don’t think I heard or saw it before. Does anyone of you happen to know the interview? @Blackstar by any chance? <_< It is Axl talking about his childhood etc. I guess it must be 92 or so.

https://www.tumblr.com/video/hapnophobia/179112215204/700/

It's from a radio interview in September 1991. Here is a transcription of it:

http://www.a-4-d.com/t561-1991-09-dd-interview-with-axl-slash-duff-matt-and-dizzy

The audio was on youtube, but I can't find it now. It probably was in one of the channels that have been taken down :max:

• Thanks 1

Ok, I just finished listening to the Perla podcast :ph34r:

And I have sooooo many sensations left from it that I don't even know where to start with..... :awesomeface:

Aright, first of all, I have to say that I LOVED the podcast. I was already prejudiced thinking that it was going to be a novela mexicana kind of drama, where she was going to trash Slash up and down, but to my surprise none of this happened. 

To be honest, I have always been neutral with Perla because I don't know her as much as the other "wives". I didn't have a bias towards her and although the few things I saw and read from her never hooked me up, neither did I ever took her so seriously as to despise her or anything.

The Perla in this podcast is so surprisingly calmed, well spoken, wise and coherent with herself that I wish she'd show this side of her much more because (and this is another thing that bothers me), I think we are used to see her portrayed in the media through the filter of male eyes or she's always discussed by male fans and some jealous female fans, so for people who don't know her, it's always this negative shit around her.

That's why I loved this podcast, conducted by a female host and all things discussed from a female point of view and experiences. From how she met Slash, how their relationship developed, the madness of music business, her struggles as a wife with a sick husband, her struggles as a mom and single mom later and the whole divorce debacle.

I could be mistaken but I've sensed her pretty honest here and I think many of you girls, who are mothers, will be able to relate to her stories as a mom and as a wife. Hell, some things she said strike me right there in my heart. And how much proud she is of her children... we know we oftenly judge her choices, like the cake stuff (lol) but after listening to her in this podcast, I think that cake is just a weird/funny anecdote and that probably, that's the way things are in her household. You know, like, each family have their inner workings other people on the outside don't understand. What might look or sound strange for one family, it is not for others.

Also, it was a revelation for me that she has had a tough life as a child, living in foster homes, having her parents gone to jail.... man, that's some heavy shit not easy to deal with and not everyone comes out unscathed from stuff like that.

Not sure if there were lots of juicy parts but it left me thinking that she repeated more than once that there are people in Slash entourage, and also other people who are currently "back to his life", benefitting from the destruction of their family.

Makes me think if she means Meegan, Axl, TB or all of them together, but in several parts of the interview she underlines how people who were not there before for Slash, during the tough times, are now enjoying the fruits of his work, like using him for their own benefit.... at the cost of her disgrace and her children disgrace.

She also told some really crazy stories about crazy fans tormenting their lives. It all reminded me of Alfred types and the truth looney, lol.... And then she talks about her children, specially London unstoppable on his path to success in music business.

Well, I won't spoil it anymore in case you want to listen to it. It's not that long of a podcast (41 minutes). I found it pretty enjoyable, she's quite fun as well, she was super calmed when talking about serious issues but then she got goofy with other light topics. The Latina in her cannot avoid showing up and I love that!... maybe some of you are put off by our way of being, but all in all, I think I have never heard Perla in this lucid state of mind.

Hats off to this interview and more female power to her!!! :headbang:

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Not sure if there were lots of juicy parts but it left me thinking that she repeated more than once that there are people in Slash entourage, and also other people who are currently "back to his life", benefitting from the destruction of their family.

Makes me think if she means Meegan, Axl, TB or all of them together, but in several parts of the interview she underlines how people who were not there before for Slash, during the tough times, are now enjoying the fruits of his work, like using him for their own benefit.... at the cost of her disgrace and her children disgrace.

Thank you for the recap...I bet the person is Meegan....Axl beneffited of Slash, but is mutual and frankly I don't see Axl intruding in Slash's life very much. Perla even accused Meegan of posting weird shit in her social media account. 

1 hour ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Thank you for the recap...I bet the person is Meegan....Axl beneffited of Slash, but is mutual and frankly I don't see Axl intruding in Slash's life very much. Perla even accused Meegan of posting weird shit in her social media account. 

Yes, probably she means Meegan although, right now I don't remember the quote exactly, but she says things that fit more Axl or TB.

Like people who didn't like Slash before and now they like him.... and there's that rumor of Axl waiting all this time for Slash to divorce from Perla.... can't say it's true but the rumor has always been there..... it sounded to me like she meant other people than just Meegan.

8 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Your comment reminded me of this, it's so cute. I hope a seven-year-old doesn't listen too many of Gn'R songs. Then again, I was 7-8 years old in the late 80's when I started to listen secretly my older sister's AFD-tape and barely understood anything about it. Probably not the most typical way to become a Gn'R fan.

Aww this is so cute. Reminds me of my school days. I've seen lots of kids in my school from elementary to junior high can play Sweet Child O' Mine, I think it was really famous among us at that time because it was in guitar hero.

My friend and her band, only 13 at that time, played November Rain. It was terrible, the band was all over the place and I don't think she even knew the lyric at that time and only mumbling random words :lol:. It was a good attempt tho, I am proud to introduce her to some good taste. She's still pursuing career in music until today. Aww I'm feeling nostalgic again.

• Like 1

Yes, probably she means Meegan although, right now I don't remember the quote exactly, but she says things that fit more Axl or TB.

Like people who didn't like Slash before and now they like him.... and there's that rumor of Axl waiting all this time for Slash to divorce from Perla.... can't say it's true but the rumor has always been there..... it sounded to me like she meant other people than just Meegan.

Could be. But neither Axl or TB destroy her marriage like she said. Axl get back to Slash in 2015, and at that time he was already separated and living with Meegan.

• Like 1