Let's play '30 Day Music Challenge'

Tori72

Day 28

I have many favorite singers and voices I like from all the musical scope. David Bowie, Jim Morrison, Elvis, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Ian Curtis, Peter Hammill, Nick Cave, Mark Lanegan ( @Sekh-met I like his voice a lot too - and some Tom Waits)... just to name a few besides Axl, who of course is one of them (and my favorite hard rock singer).

Two picks, not (strictly) rock.

This lady:

and someone else whose voice I like a lot (although not all his stuff):

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

I'm out of likes again. This thread is still so much fun.

@Sekh-met's mention of Mark Lanegan made me think of The Gutter Twins and Greg Dulli. My best friend and I were heavily into their album Saturnalia (I still am). And while she was a big fan of Lanegan's voice, I truely adored Greg Dulli's intense singing. The best thing about it is the combination, I guess. So I'll leave this for your enjoyment.

P.S.: Greg Dulli seemed quite creepy live. He was flirting like a maniac with every woman in sight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

Day 28 - A song by an artist with a voice that you love

A day I could keep on posting.... It has to be Axl, sorry, he always was one of my very favourite singers.

Also this man - and one of my favourite songs of his

And well, There always gotta be Bruce.

And this lady

Christ! How many picks do you want? :lol: I've been limiting myself to one! Thought those were the rules? You lot are cheating now! :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Day 28

I have many favorite singers and voices I like from all the musical scope. David Bowie, Jim Morrison, Elvis, Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, Johnny Cash, Otis Redding, Aretha Franklin, Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Ian Curtis, Peter Hamill, Nick Cave, Mark Lanegan ( @Sekh-met I like his voice a lot too - and some Tom Waits)... just to name a few besides Axl, who of course is one of them (and my favorite hard rock singer).

Two picks, not (strictly) rock.

This lady:

and someone else whose voice I like a lot (although not all his stuff):

And you! :lol: (Great picks though, Scott Walker... yes!!!)

Edited by bucketfoot

@bucketfoot we cheat sometimes, or maybe more often than not :lol:

I don't know, maybe we should set a rule from now on (or for the new challenge); for example, since we can't limit ourselves, that we can post more songs per day (no more than three though) if we want to share them, but only one will be the "official" pick.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

@bucketfoot we cheat sometimes, or maybe more often than not :lol:

I don't know, maybe we should set a rule from now on (or for the new challenge); for example, since we can't limit ourselves, that we can post more songs per day (no more than three though) if we want to share them, but only one will be the "official" pick.

Yeah, three each sounds good in future. :D There are countless other songs I could've posted or ones I've since thought of that I would've preferred to post now I think about it. :lol: It's just a bit of fun though so you carry on and I'll just stick with one for each day on this thread. :lol:

53 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Christ! How many picks do you want? :lol: I've been limiting myself to one! Thought those were the rules? You lot are cheating now! :lol:

Sorry, somedays I cannot resist to cheat. One post a day would be it. Strictly speaking. I'll behave tomorrow again. :lol:

1 hour ago, Tori72 said:

Sorry, somedays I cannot resist to cheat. One post a day would be it. Strictly speaking. I'll behave tomorrow again. :lol:

It's fine. :D I'll probably cheat on the year you were born day, so many great tunes, I'll probably post about a dozen! :lol:

Day 12

I've used Petty in this thread already but I love him. He might be my favorite voice after Axl. It's so distinct, kinda strange, kinda hippie, super chilled out, and the way he says certain words. Going on voice alone, Tom has to be the coolest cat on planet earth :lol:

• Like 1

Since we all love rap here :lol: but honestly how can you not love Ricky D's voice? It's proper English mixed with NY slang. It's London meets Brooklyn! And smooth as silk. Great voice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

:lol: Fucking hell!!!! I see your Mo Mowlam and raise you Anne Widdecombe! :lol:

I'll fuckin' see your a Mo Mowlam and Anne Widdicombe and chuck in Dame Edna Everage in a gangbang whilst Dennis Thatcher wees on us from off a balcony :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I'll fuckin' see your a Mo Mowlam and Anne Widdicombe and chuck in Dame Edna Everage in a gangbang whilst Dennis Thatcher wees on us from off a balcony :lol:

:lol: For fucks sake!!!! Why Dennis Thatcher??? Random as fuck!!! Mental you, Len. :lol: