Let's play '30 Day Music Challenge'

Tori72

9 hours ago, lilacmess said:

While I like the song a lot it does not make me want to fall in love at all. Oh, the heartache! It seems to be about a highly difficult relationship and a breakup. Supposedly it's about Axl. Here's what Slash had to say:" 'Back and Forth Again' was my title but Eric had the lyrics. It's about people not being able to come to some cohesive understanding and breaking up."

My pick for DAY 26 is my perfect lovesong. It's all I wish lovers and ex-lovers would say to me (and mean it) and v.v.

The Cure - Lovesong

great song! this was on my short list

day 26-alt choice

Day 27

A poem written by the Turkish poet and activist Nazim Hikmet a while after the bombings in Hiroshima & Nagasaki and translated in many languages. An English translation/adjustment was set to a Scottish traditional tune arranged by an American student and first recorded by Pete Seeger.

The version by The Byrds:

And another great version from the 90s:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

ok this is a "special choice" because one year ago exactly i saw my beloved Axl reunite with Slash and Duff at the GN'R concert in Vegas. i cried when i realized they were playing Layla ( one of my all time faves ) and that it led into November Rain ( my fave GN'R song ) i was crying, blowing kisses and calling out Axl i LOVE you! it was surreal...Axl had made a dream come true i never even knew i had :cry:

Fantastic that! :)

I'm jumping in, and so I have a friend, I'll list the first three at once, to be synced up with @bucketfoot.  Cool?

Day 1:  Song with a color 

Day 2: Song with a number. " It'll still be 2 days 'til we say we're sorry."

Day 3:  A summertime song.  It's perfect.  

• Like 4