The MyGnR 80-Song Marathon

Blackstar

4 hours ago, solstar said:

Day 77

More than 20 years later and the mystery of how the bride dies is still unsolved. Love it!

Uhm, she kills herself by shot in the head, doesn't she? That's why there's a mirror on her coffin so we can see only the part of her face that is intact.

1*dre4xcLy26Ju5aCad1v88A.png

My favorite has already been posted but I'm too lazy to think another one. I like my vids simple.

Day 77: A music video you consider to be one of the best ever

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Darkenchantress That's a mirror?! Good spotting. I never noticed that.

Yup. Once I noticed I looked it up and apparently is common for people who suffer "violent" deaths and get disfigured but the family still want the coffin open. They put a mirror so you can only see the part of the face/body that still looks ok.

14 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Uhm, she kills herself by shot in the head, doesn't she? That's why there's a mirror on her coffin so we can see only the part of her face that is intact.

yep. it is told in the Del James short story that November Rain was based on. very good short story too IMO :)

• Like 1

Day 78: A song which you'd like people to remember you by

this song represents what i want to be remembered as...a Texan. you can take the girl out of Texas but never the Texas out of the girl :) the second part reminds me of my dad. it's the fight song for University Of Texas. and i am my father's daughter...the good and the bad of it. but i am learning he was a pretty damn good person so if i am anything close to that i am proud.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

DAY 78

LMFAO???????

Yes peeps, please remember me as tiny, toony and loony. Always trying to have some fun.

If anyone fells like joining me at ACME Acres, you're more than welcome.

i have no idea what ACME acres is but i like this! and the duck is soooo cute :)

19 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Has this been officially confirmed?

There goes my theory that she was struck by lightning in the cold November rain :(

3 hours ago, solstar said:

Has this been officially confirmed?

There goes my theory that she was struck by lightning in the cold November rain :(

According to @AxlsFavoriteRose it happens like that in the Del James book in which the video is based. I just made the assumption cause we can see Axl passing by a "GUN" shop and cause of the fight for the gun on the Don't cry video. :shrugs:

My favorite song I suppose? 

P.S. Hadn't realized the thread is coming to an end. :o

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

According to @AxlsFavoriteRose it happens like that in the Del James book in which the video is based. I just made the assumption cause we can see Axl passing by a "GUN" shop and cause of the fight for the gun on the Don't cry video. :shrugs:

My favorite song I suppose? 

P.S. Hadn't realized the thread is coming to an end. :o

SPOILER:

this is from the short story November Rain was based on:

As he arrived by way of elevator at her floor,he heard familiar music. The closer he got to her door the louder the volume grew. Then his world began to spin uncontrollably as a loud gunshot echoed through the hallway. He ran toward her apartment, lowered his shoulder, and with reckless abandon crashed through the wooden door. He’d found Elizabeth on the couch, bleeding profusely, most of her head splattered on the wall behind her. On the bloodsprayed coffee table in front of her was the answering machine, a ballpoint pen, and several crumpled balls of writing paper. He stood destroyed before her corpse. How could this have happened? All he had ever done was lover her. Devastated, he slowly walked over to the blaring stereo. A CD single of “Without You” was programmed to repeat. He wondered how many times she’d listened to the same song and shut the power off. Then he noticed that next to the answering machine was a note. Number one with a bullet, the red-speckled note read. Shaking and convulsing, his tears falling freely, Mayne began screaming at the top of his lungs. It sounded like someone had unleashed a wild animal. His shrieks threatened to break the windows. A migraine pierced his throbbing temples and his entire head was overloaded with pressure. Did she kill herself because they had failed or because he wouldn’t leave her be? Was it the song, one of the few things he’d ever done autonomously, that had driven her to this? Was this really happening? Then another thought came out mind. He removed the pistol from her hand and put it against his temple.

it's a pretty good book of short stories IMO. i got a paperback version of the short stories online for like 5 bucks.

ok cheat song:

story of my life so it might as well be the video i wanna be remembered for...

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 3