British Politics

Gracii Guns

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

That does not look a million to me. 

A million people in the streets of London would obviously (well, to me at least) fill many streets and occupy many areas, and wouldn't be likely to be captured by any single camera.

What does it matter to you, anyway? Just afraid to accept that people demand a second referendum? 

From The Guardian:

Organisers said the exact number was impossible to calculate but had used “flow and fill rates and crowd density monitoring” to calculate its approximate size. The Metropolitan Police said they would not be offering crowd-size figures, but at one point issued a statement saying that the crowd was so dense that marchers might not even be able to reach Whitehall, let alone parliament.

• Haha 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

A million people in the streets of London would obviously (well, to me at least) fill many streets and occupy many areas, and wouldn't be likely to be captured by any single camera.

What does it matter to you, anyway? Just afraid to accept that people demand a second referendum? 

I actually believe a second referendum would render up similar results as the first referendum.

6 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Yeah, but you are not thinking properly. 

You're a fan of opinion polling? Correct? Well we had a biggy a few days ago,

ITN BREXIT REFERENDUM POLL OCTOBER 2019
Biggest Poll on Brexit since referendum
  • 26,000 adults surveyed by ComRes across the UK
  • Results shows more than half (54%) of British public support the UK abiding by the referendum result and leaving the EU, regardless of the way they voted in the 2016 Referendum.
  • More people’s preferred outcome is now for the UK to leave the European Union (50% v 42% remain).
  • However, when the “don’t knows” (of those expressing an opinion) are excluded, over half say their preferred outcome is for the UK to leave the EU (54%) compared to less than half who say their preferred outcome is for the UK to remain in the EU (46%)
  • But more people think a no deal is bad for the UK than good.
  • Big Brexit divides across age groups and also Scotland, London and Northern Ireland out of kilter with the rest of the UK
  • Poll commissioned for Live Brexit Referendum: Do We Want No Deal? (Channel 5, Wednesday 16 October at 9pm)

The trend from opinion polling is merely that the leavers have become more entrenched, whilst the remainers have become more entrenched. There is no evidence of a swing from leave to remain. 

More on this: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/three-years-on-brexit-poll-puts-leave-ahead-by-8-points-pbwlctw7d

Edited by DieselDaisy

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just to put it in perspective, estimates of Woodstock are placed at c. 400,000.

Great idea. So here is Woodstock at its fullest. So, by comparison we can see that the London march had well over 400 000 people visible, captured in that brief video alone.

jB6zAas.jpg

Edited by soon

3 minutes ago, soon said:

Great idea. So here is Woodstock at its fullest. So, by comparison we can see that the London march had well over 400 000 people visible, captured in that brief video alone.

jB6zAas.jpg

Nope. The ends in that picture are cropped for a start, and the London crowd was filtered through streets, Whitehall and Westminster, which inherently reduces its demographic.

If you stuck that remainer mob on an expanse of land like Woodstock, they'd be a fraction of the above. 

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Nope. The ends in that picture are cropped for a start, and the London crowd was filtered through streets, Whitehall and Westminster, which inherently reduces its demographic.

If you stuck that remainer mob on an expanse of land like Woodstock, they'd be a fraction of the above. 

Same is to be said for London footage - not every attendee was captured in frame. I watched the London march video and theres definitely more people in it than in this popular 'woodstock at its fullest' pick. (as you know the crowd basically continued to thin out as the disastrous event unfolded).

1 minute ago, soon said:

Same is to be said for London footage - not every attendee was captured in frame. I watched the London march video and theres definitely more people in it than in this popular 'woodstock at its fullest' pick. (as you know the crowd basically continued to thin out as the disastrous event unfolded).

I disagree. As I said, they were funneled through streets, not filling up a giant expanse of land like Woodstock.

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are we counting people or tents? There are loads of tents in the outer fields that must have at least two or three people in them.

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

It's two letters.

One asking for an extension that wasn't signed with a covering letter saying we have to send this.

A second letter saying we don't want an extension that is signed.

It'll be in courts by Monday.

What do you want out of this? What is your expected outcome? You're not getting a better deal than the one Boris has arranged! You (remainers) are actually annoying the EU now, the very thing you admire, who are as desperate for some closure as the British Breixteers are! 

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Are we counting people or tents? There are loads of tents in the outer fields that must have at least two or three people in them.

If you want to believe there were a million in Whitehall today it is certainly your prerogative but I respectfully disagree as I do with Soon and Soul also.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

What do you want out of this? What is your expected outcome? You're not getting a better deal than the one Boris has arranged! You (remainers) are actually annoying the EU now, the very thing you admire, who are as desperate for some closure as the British Breixteers are! 

If you want to believe there were a million in Whitehall today it is certainly your prerogative but I respectfully disagree as I do with Soon and Soul also.

Whatever way you voted three years ago I think it's turned into a complete mess and that ruddy cheeked pig fucker should be held accountable. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

Harassing Rees-Mogg and Mini-Mogg. Nice touch from the Remoaners.

What a bunch of fucking cretins.

Why did big Mog bring little Mog to parliament today? Its not bring your fucking Mog to work day.

It's a pretty emotive vote they were having and he must have known there would be protests. Shame on him for using his child to suck cretins like you in. I know though i know, you don't care. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Why did big Mog bring little Mog to parliament today? Its not bring your fucking Mog to work day.

It's a pretty emotive vote they were having and he must have known there would be protests. Shame on him for using his child to suck cretins like you in. I know though i know, you don't care. 

I was quite enjoying your post until I noticed you'd called me a cretin.

Very hurtful, that was.

8 minutes ago, bucketfoot said:

I was quite enjoying your post until I noticed you'd called me a cretin.

Very hurtful, that was.

Don't take the piss please, not in this thread. This thread is for politics and politics only not joking around.

5 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I think the “n” is bollocksed on you computer fella. :lol: 

That goes for you too you fat cunt fairs fair 😄

Edited by spunko12345

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Don't take the piss please, not in this thread. This thread is for politics and politics only not joking around.

Fair enough. I won't take the piss and will accept your slip of the tongue due to the fact you appear to be Welsh and therefore, probably not very bright.