If guns n roses decided to make a show in africa, which is the best place?

If guns n roses decided to make a show in Africa, which country is the best place?  

69 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since we are discussing the all important issue of race and demographics of gnr fans, has anyone else in the US noticed the current trend of our African American brothers and sisters wearing rock t shirts.  Good thing this little fad coincides with an unprecedented supply of GNR apparel.  I see lots of black men and women in gnr shirts right now.  Whether or not they are actually fans is questionable.  

I love over when they get it wrong. I saw a guy wearing a Nelson shirt a few days ago. Someone should tell him that Nelson sucks.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

He never said there shouldn't be a stadium full of black people. I think he was simply saying that in his opinion playing in Africa would be random for Guns N' Roses because most of their audience seems to be white, that's all. Am I right?

I don't think he meant it in a racist way.

P.S. Back on topic, Madagascar, obviously. :headbang:

Thanks. At least someone gets what I'm saying. 

4 hours ago, xBrownstonex said:

Its still pretty fucking stupid.

I can't help it if you cant handle the truth. I guess all the promoters are racist since they haven't ever played in Africa.

I hope this line up the threunion, do at least one show or more in africa, specially in South africa. In south africa has huge stadiums , and I think they re ready to receive some rock concerts, the king of chaos did some shows on south africa.

14 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

He never said there shouldn't be a stadium full of black people. I think he was simply saying that in his opinion playing in Africa would be random for Guns N' Roses because most of their audience seems to be white, that's all. Am I right?

I don't think he meant it in a racist way.

He said "whatever the whitest part of Africa is, play there" and I don't know if it was meant in a racist way or not but it sounds like they should deliberately exclude black people towns because they assume only white people listen to them.

Talking about that is also forgetting that GN'R is a global band and they have fans of all races and they fill stadiums in Brazil, where most people are not 100% white so.... bullshit theory.

I think the reason for not playing over there is more related to the economic situation of the place and terrorism than some racial BS.

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well 'white trash' I'm using as a bit of a portmanteau statement but I think it is a fair thing to say that GN'R's crowds are not exactly diverse. Most of them have the same skin colour, are dressed the same and act the same.

How many black faces have you seen at a GN'R concert?

You only have to go on this forum to see how diverse GNR fans are, many different views on politics,religion, this that and the other. Of course they dress the same at their concerts, it's like people going to a football match they throw on their threads to support their team. My wife threw on a bandana and some aviators at the show we went to, i can assure you when she went to work the next day in a micro biology lab she wasn't dressed that way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

You only have to go on this forum to see how diverse GNR fans are, many different views on politics,religion, this that and the other. Of course they dress the same at their concerts, it's like people going to a football match they throw on their threads to support their team. My wife threw on a bandana and some aviators at the show we went to, i can assure you when she went to work the next day in a micro biology lab she wasn't dressed that way.

i did not wear any GNR apparel at the one i attended. first off, i didn't have any ( i now have two caps and a T-shirt ) two i wanted to be a little dressy to show respect for the band in my own way. i really didn't notice what people were wearing.

anyway, i think Egypt would be cool. i have a friend who used to live in Disuq ( very small town but quite close to Alexandria ) so either Alexandria or Cairo. 

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i did not wear any GNR apparel at the one i attended. first off, i didn't have any ( i now have two caps and a T-shirt ) two i wanted to be a little dressy to show respect for the band in my own way. i really didn't notice what people were wearing.

anyway, i think Egypt would be cool. i have a friend who used to live in Disuq ( very small town but quite close to Alexandria ) so either Alexandria or Cairo. 

I must say it was cool to see girls in rock gear lookin badass at an actual rock concert. I know GNR tops have become abit of a fashion item i see loads of their shirts around on younger girls, whether or not they know any songs other than SCOM is up for debate!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silverburst80 said:

I must say it was cool to see girls in rock gear lookin badass at an actual rock concert. I know GNR tops have become abit of a fashion item i see loads of their shirts around on younger girls, whether or not they know any songs other than SCOM is up for debate!

i am going to make the GN'R fashion line of skirts and dresses! that's what i wear, too tall for pants!

i just wish i could have worn heels but did not know how that would be for me after some adult beverages! :P

On 5/3/2017 at 0:40 PM, gnfnrs1972 said:

The shows I have been to there weren't black people there unless they worked at the venue. So whatever the whitest part of Africa there is.......have it there.

I took my wife when they came to Toronto. She's from the Congo. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Eddie Money said:

Since we are discussing the all important issue of race and demographics of gnr fans, has anyone else in the US noticed the current trend of our African American brothers and sisters wearing rock t shirts.  Good thing this little fad coincides with an unprecedented supply of GNR apparel.  I see lots of black men and women in gnr shirts right now.  Whether or not they are actually fans is questionable.  

I love over when they get it wrong. I saw a guy wearing a Nelson shirt a few days ago. Someone should tell him that Nelson sucks.  

May have to do with guys like Jerry Lorenzo owner/creator of Fear of God clothing line and Kanye West making vintage Band T-shirts a street wear piece and fashionable for people that arent necessarily Rock and Metal fans. Me personally, Im not a huge fan of it, because its false advertisement, you see a cool band T on a person and go and compliment them and ask them their favorite song or record, and they dont know what to say.:shrugs:

4 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

Egypt is dangerous?

5 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Bollocks, i went to see em in London and i was the only non white boy there, in the most metropolitan multi-cultural city on earth, they say there's more languages spoken in London that anywhere else in Europe, you fuckin' wouldn't've been able to tell going to that fuckin' gig though.

15 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

How many black faces have you seen at a GN'R concert?

Fuck all :lol: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Bollocks, i went to see em in London and i was the only non white boy there, in the most metropolitan multi-cultural city on earth, they say there's more languages spoken in London that anywhere else in Europe, you fuckin' wouldn't've been able to tell going to that fuckin' gig though.

Come to Toronto next time; while predominantly white audience there's still a significant number of non-white fans in the audience in 2016.

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

Come to Toronto next time; while predominantly white audience there's still a significant number of non-white fans in the audience in 2016.

Not that it matters or anything, just pointing out, didnt see fuck all in Hammersmith in 06.