10/08/17 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center

gunsguy

38 minutes ago, noncert said:

Still nada on an opening band?

Also, my tickets say 8:00 PM start time but the Wells Fargo Center website says 7:30.  Given that it's GNR, I'm assuming we should NOT expect them to start that early, right?

"Show usually starts around 7... we go on stage around 9..."  :slash: 

I think they went on at 7:45 last time I saw them.

18 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

I kinda love there is no opener.  Also where on the site does it say a DJ?

Maybe there is a reason for it.. Maybe there are going to play a longer show? Switch things up for the Arena tour? Have an intermission? Have two sets? The second playing AFD from front to back? With Izzy and Steven?

All wishful thinking ;)

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

I kinda love there is no opener.  Also where on the site does it say a DJ?

It doesn't. Based on a response someone got from the venue. 

14 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think they went on at 7:45 last time I saw them.

Maybe there is a reason for it.. Maybe there are going to play a longer show? Switch things up for the Arena tour? Have an intermission? Have two sets? The second playing AFD from front to back? With Izzy and Steven?

All wishful thinking ;)

I mean, I'm with you. Would love to see them mix it up and play a different set. I just am not anticipating it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Muddy said:

Slash's girlfriend just posted a sound check video, oddly it says it's from New Jersey though ?

I just saw that. I guess it could be the WFC, but the seating behind the stage doesn't look like it. 

I also suppose the NJ thing could be an error. Maybe they are staying in Jersey?  Right across the river. Who knows. 

3 minutes ago, Muddy said:

I'm guessing no opening band which kinda sucks . With the smaller venues it means less money to pay for opening act and we know how greedy these old fucks are.

Turns out Pitman was right about those guys after all. :lol:

36 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I just saw that. I guess it could be the WFC, but the seating behind the stage doesn't look like it. 

I also suppose the NJ thing could be an error. Maybe they are staying in Jersey?  Right across the river. Who knows. 

definitely not the Wells Fargo Center. It looks different and I saw some section numbers in the back that do not match WF numbering.

just checked and there is a Sixers game tonight and a concert Saturday night. so they will not be in WFC until Sunday.

they are probably in North Jersey since they may be staying in NY at this point.

Edited by sandman-

26 minutes ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I hope it's a different security team at this show. Those guys were BRUTAL at the Linc.

BTW looking for two tickets. I know therEs another's thread, but, just in case.

There were plenty of tickets available the other day. Pretty sure that's still the case. 

6 hours ago, noncert said:

That's what people had been saying last year, before the Linc, but they were close to an hour late if I recall.

Still better than when I saw them at the Spectrum in '91.  I think they started at almost 11 and played until like 1:30 AM.  SEPTA had stopped running by the time they were done LOL.

Awesome, thanks!  :thumbsup:  A DJ, though?  Oh boy, shades of Mixmaster Mike in '02...

a dj ? memories of 02...that's what i was thinking  too with those stupid dancing air puppet things on stage with the guy remember thinking wtf...:lol: boy I had no idea that was just the beginning :blink:

3 hours ago, IndiannaRose said:

New Jersey borders Philadelphia (PA). 

hmmmm and yes, I am in Jersey and could almost throw a rock at philly,,, it's close.  BB&T center venue is in Camden NJ interesting thought although soundchecking at another venue would be weird... Wells Fargo Center would def come up as philadelphia though

3 hours ago, mrw80 said:

BB&T in Camden perhaps?  maybe event tonight at WF and couldnt sound check there? weird though

3 hours ago, Muddy said:

I doubt it, I think they are just gonna be starting earlier and ending earlier. More than likely it will be the standard NITL set. They can't change it up too much, the casual fans want to hear the hits and could care less about the deeper cuts.

It's weird though every show on this tour has had an opener. Even the apollo show had an opener

23 hours ago, mrw80 said:

There was a bball game in Philly last night and a concert there tonight so they probably rented the Jersey arena to rehearse for the day. 

9 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

There was a bball game in Philly last night and a concert there tonight so they probably rented the Jersey arena to rehearse for the day. 

Yeah it was definitely not the WFC. 

Those guys are in for quite a surprise when they drive in for the show. The sports complex is bedlam for an eagles home game.