07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

This WYWH/Layla/NR/Knocking part of the set needs to get shortened down. When I was at the Stockholm concert I got pretty fed up with nothing really happening for an half hour or so...

I do like their version of Wish You Were Here a lot though!

• Like 2

If Axl was in high gear, like he was for a small handful of shows since 2011, this show would be highly regarded by the attendee big wigs who have loud voices in the business. If it was 2010 or 2006 Axl, things could've gotten interesting after this. IF the SOB could've just pulled it off like he did with AC/DC.... Why, my man, why.... Most of AC/DC is easier to sing for a screamer, Guns material is 100x challenging imo, but why in the hell doesn't he just scream GNR like he did in 2010? Sigh

2 minutes ago, downzy said:

Or Trunk didn't realize that Yesterdays has been played several times already.  

Or maybe they rehearsed something he wasn't used to hearing GNR rehearse and thought it might be a scoop?!?!

Bet you didn't know this but, Slither was on a GNR setlist!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

This WYWH/Layla/NR/Knocking part of the set needs to get shortened down. When I was at the Stockholm concert I got pretty fed up with nothing really happening for an half hour or so...

I do like their version of Wish You Were Here a lot though!

It seems like a rest period for axl and then the end of KOHD re warms him up

Just now, charliedont said:

Trunk is a big fan, but he's not a sit-on-an-internet-forum-and-share-Periscopes-of-a-muffled-soundcheck type of fan. 

You'd think he might fuckin brush up on setlist.com.... you know, for the big hosting job going world wide and all...

Sorry. I'm really enjoying the show. Don't wanna be negative.

Just now, Billsfan said:

Or maybe they rehearsed something he wasn't used to hearing GNR rehearse and thought it might be a scoop?!?!

Bet you didn't know this but, Slither was on a GNR setlist!

He always claims to have a "scoop" 

I will be (bc it could still happen) more surprised if what he says DOES come true than if it doesn't 

How many empty promises has that guy made?

I treat almost everything he says to get buzz going as BS until it happens 

Interesting to see people here saying that GNR asked him to do it. No way. 

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Or Trunk didn't realize that Yesterdays has been played several times already.  

Eddie said that the crew told him that they hadn't rehearsed these songs before. Yesterday's has been played a lot.  That is why many of us were guessing songs they haven't played. That is the way the crew made it sound to Eddie.