07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

Just now, GNRfanJen said:

Hey everyone! I just got home. I really didn't want to miss this show but I had something to take care of.

Can someone please give me a rundown? What's the show been like so far for the big Appetite30th?? 

Just your ordinarily NITL set. They sound pretty good though!

Not sure why people assume that whenever a rock star dies that GNR will immediately play homage by playing a cover of their work.

Black Hole Sun makes sense considering the connection GNR had with Soundgarden.  Other than Chester covering SCOM, I don't see GNR putting in the effort to learn and cover a LP song.  

• Like 3

I sometimes wonder how this "reunion" would have gone had Axl not joined ACDC.  That took away the thunder from the reunion a little bit and Axl sang well for them. He used up his vocals for another band, when he should have saved it for his own band's biggest moment in 25 years.

Setlist so far:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Welcome to the Jungle
Chinese Democracy
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory/A New Rose (Duff)
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Godfather Theme (Slash)
Sweet Child O' Mine
My Michelle
Whole Lot of Rosie
Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
  • Like 1

Just now, downzy said:

Not sure why people assume that whenever a rock star dies that GNR will immediately play homage by playing a cover of their work.

Black Hole Sun makes sense considering the connection GNR had with Soundgarden.  Other than Chester covering SCOM, I don't see GNR putting in the effort to learn and cover a LP song.  

Duff Steven and slash have all played with him a few times i believe. Paradise city most notably was played at camp freddy 

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Especially considering his passing was literally this morning...as if they had time to rehearse it with a show the same night.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII

3 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I sometimes wonder how this "reunion" would have gone had Axl not joined ACDC.  That took away the thunder from the reunion a little bit and Axl sang well for them. He used up his vocals for another band, when he should have saved it for his own band's biggest moment in 25 years.

Axl didn't "use up" his vocals for AC/DC.  He just chooses to sing differently with GNR than he did with AC/DC.  if anything, singing with AC/DC made him better in GNR since he was spending so much time in rehearsals. 

• Like 2

Just now, downzy said:

Axl didn't "use up" his vocals for AC/DC.  He just chooses to sing differently with GNR than he did with AC/DC.  

yeah he tries in AC DC but half asses it in GNR. Its that simple. Axl has to give it his all in AC DC since he is not the boss

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Setlist so far:

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Welcome to the Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live And Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory/A New Rose (Duff)
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
Godfather Theme (Slash)
Sweet Child O' Mine
My Michelle
Whole Lot of Rosie
Wish You Were Here/Layla
November Rain
Black Hole Sun
Only Women Bleed
Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Not sure, but did you miss Chinese democracy, or did they not play it?