07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

8 hours ago, Bono said:

You have absolutely no grasp on what it is people are even talking about or why they feel "ripped off" or misled. And the way people like you twist shit is hilarious. The second night in Vegas was sold out LONG before anyone knew Axl had a broken foot but nice try trying to say people knew all about it and still wanted to buy tickets after seeing Night 1. Regardless it was their first real shows with Slash in 23 years so people were gonna buy tickets anyways even if they were all in wheel chairs. It wasn't some grand achievement.  It amazes me how some of you manage to get through day to day life being so incredibly clueless to what's going on around you. 

Enough with acting like you are a step above Guns N Roses fans In the Intelligence department. If you are unhappy with the band because they aren't giving you something you feel you deserve  than stop listening to them and go back to your corner and jerk off to Vertigo. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

Just listened to the soundboard version of Rocket Queen from last night.  The intro is nothing short of amazing.  Definitely showcases the talent level of the band.... incredibly crisp and clean layers....probably what Axl had intended many of the layers in Chinese Democracy to sound like...and makes me wonder how much better of an album that would have been with this version (and production) of the band.  

Watching Slash during Rocket Queen, I can't tell you . He is a true artist. I never got that close a view and as full of a sound, just a few feet away with the sound contained in a small space.  It was the best song of the night musically. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, soon said:

I had a great time last night, listening at home with you all!  Great show!!!

Thanks to all those who helped us and or me enjoy it with audio, video, pics, info including @Gibbo, @GNRfanMILO, @Tyler Drama, and for helping me out @Sanomatovic, @downzy and @bajefor periscope link.  So many others i know. People can chime in.  And thanks to our mods of course, @RussTCB, @alfierose, whoever else.  

Some of the posted picks and vids flew by too fast for me to see who posted them.

Anyways, it was an awesome time!  Thanks!

Well said. Thank you everyone!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I think between 60-75 people outside ended up getting tickets (for free - everything was free at this show) after waiting close to all day.

oh wow... the pressure of the mass... hahahaa.... that's nice I guess!

#persevereandneverfear

3 minutes ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

So Axl was Mickey on the other 25 songs. Well that's was actually the answer I expected. I that is fine. Now I don't have to read your comments anymore. ?

You never had to. :)

And yes, aside from brief moments, his vocals were all clean and powerless according to the posters here. Here's hoping he'll deliver an AXLDC performance at Rock in Rio.

1 minute ago, mrw80 said:

I haven't had much chance to read the comments here since the show last night, but the experience of being in that theater was amazing. 

I would've loved a more fitting tribute to AFD. I would've loved if Steven and Izzy made an appearance.  I would've loved a change up to the set list that I've seen twice already. 

To me, none of that mattered last night. Seeing them perform in closer proximity to one another, as opposed to that giant stadium stage, was just awesome. I looked at that in and of itself as a tribute to the earlier days. I thought the performance was awesome. Full of energy. Axl gave his best. Wasn't perfect, but I thought he nailed songs like WTTJ and others that haven't always been strong IMO. 

Last night was a night I'll never forget. They just kept going and going. 29 songs!  Almost 3.5 hours!  I thought for sure we'd get them coming on late and ending after maybe 15 songs. The band was just so tight. 

And let me tell you, Sirius is great and knows how to treat people. Open bar, two free shirts, free poster and lanyard, and free bus ride to different parts of the city after. And of course free tickets. 

Im sure there was and will be negativity. I didn't feel any of it in the room last night, and I just feel lucky to have been in the room to see something that I would've thought to have been impossible just 18 months ago. 

Yeah, apparently we are not allowed to mention Izzy and Adler even in the context of how was the show? Show lacked because drummer was bad, unlike Adler . So moving on to what you said , the small venue definitely did it for me. I always wanted to see them in the smallest place possible and be right at the stage . Slash is amazing , it took my appreciation for him to a whole new level. Sorry but Richard is an amazing guitarist and extremely good looking and I enjoyed his presence so there is that. Axl was dancing a lot which is dug. But the loud and contained sound was great . It wanted to be blasted by music , close up without a giant stadium . It affects the band too, they feel the proximity and instead of this sea of peoole and for a musician , it has to be kind of fun to hit a small venue when you can command stadiums . I liked the long set and wish it went on another hour. So I think the in person experience gives us an entirely different take . I have complaints , I think they were deleted and who cares . But I hear you on that small venue experience 

• Like 1