07/20/17 - NYC - Apollo Theater

alfierose

2 minutes ago, maynard said:

You never had to. :)

And yes, aside from brief moments, his vocals were all clean and powerless according to the posters here. Here's hoping he'll deliver an AXLDC performance at Rock in Rio.

Well no. But I like different opinions/views but this is too black n' white. If you can't hear he sounds great on like Patience Seeker CD DTJ Nightrain and others, it is pointless to discuss. Sadly.

Ok I've tried to bestow any criticism at this show but how fucking stupid is it to play "Rosie" in the place where OTGM gets played at this particular show.  It just goes to show you the douchebaggery that this band portrays when making what should be simple decisions.

Just.....stupid.  Didn't anyone say,  hey let's drop that cover tonight fellas and play one of our tunes from this maybe greatest record of all time that happens to turn 30 tomorrow.  

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Well no. But I like different opinions/views but this is too black n' white. If you can't hear he sounds great on like Patience Seeker CD DTJ Nightrain and others, it is pointless to discuss. Sadly.

If you think he sounds great on those, it really is pointless to discuss :)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bono said:

You have absolutely no grasp on what it is people are even talking about or why they feel "ripped off" or misled. And the way people like you twist shit is hilarious. The second night in Vegas was sold out LONG before anyone knew Axl had a broken foot but nice try trying to say people knew all about it and still wanted to buy tickets after seeing Night 1. 

I bought a ticket for the 2nd Vegas show for about $500 on the day of the show knowing exactly what to expect as I'd been to the 1st show the night before. Didn't feel ripped off in the slightest. Didn't feel ripped off when I saw them again earlier this month in London either.:shrugs:

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Just FYI, the Jim and Sam Show on Faction Talk had some pretty good discussion about the show last night.  They are replayed later in the day and you can listen on demand if you have the app.

What was their reaction? Stern is back on Monday and I'm interested to see what his comments are about the voice.

To me it was definitely 50/50 with some highs and lows. I'm going to MSG later this year with 3 average fans of the band and I'm a bit nervous about what they are gonna think. There are moments where it's very very good, but at times during Michelle, YCBM, BHS, and a few others where it's just not the voice that initially hooked so many people. I saw Axl/DC live last year so I know what he's capable of and that is the real head scratcher.

Edited by uzi your illusion

3 minutes ago, Joolsy said:

To be fair he sounds good on The Seeker and DTJ, Patience was good up until the end where he kind of falls apart. Not listened to Nightrain yet.

Nightrain is better on the Coachella recording.

I think he sound great in the outtro on Patience. Yeah it's not 92. But still pretty good and he hold his voice in a f.... long time...

• Like 1

Just now, TheDemocracyRose said:

Nightrain is better on the Coachella recording.

I think he sound great in the outtro on Patience. Yeah it's not 92. But still pretty good and he hold his voice in a f.... long time...

I'll give Patience another listen but i certainly remember better versions from last year. Nightrain was ok, a little hit and miss here and there but still listenable.

Not enjoying Yesterdays...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ironmt said:

Enough with acting like you are a step above Guns N Roses fans In the Intelligence department. If you are unhappy with the band because they aren't giving you something you feel you deserve  than stop listening to them and go back to your corner and jerk off to Vertigo. 

Spot on

12 hours ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Unlikely. But he stuck out like a sore thumb tonight. That fuck up in the intro to Nightrain if i remember it correctly was bad.

All of nighttrain was bad from Frank. Rest of the band killed it though.

11 minutes ago, vloors said:

All of nighttrain was bad from Frank. Rest of the band killed it though.

It was bad on his part. But something happened. He had a guy tending to him and the drum set DURING the song and then wrapping his hand or something after. 

Dunno what happened but at least he pushed through whatever it was. 

21 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

I'm gonna say it-  I like The Seeker. It's a pretty powerful version and they nail it. Axl kills it because it's in the range of his voice that is still 100% the way it's always been. 

I don't like that it take the place of what could be another alternate original song, but in isolation, I don't think it gets the credit it deserves. 

Just my opinion (and probably not a popular one). 

I agree

49 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Huh? 

Edit: Oh I get ya now, thats your dude. He's awesome tbf but I'm more of a Melissa guy, lol

Haha! Since we were talking beauty, shallow but must be done. We can double date them and figure out a way to send ferrer on a long vacation . You keep Melissa busy in the garden so we can get real GnR back 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Ok I've tried to bestow any criticism at this show but how fucking stupid is it to play "Rosie" in the place where OTGM gets played at this particular show.  It just goes to show you the douchebaggery that this band portrays when making what should be simple decisions.

Just.....stupid.  Didn't anyone say,  hey let's drop that cover tonight fellas and play one of our tunes from this maybe greatest record of all time that happens to turn 30 tomorrow.  

Whole Lotta Rosie is a b side from the Appetite era.

47 minutes ago, mrw80 said:

It was bad on his part. But something happened. He had a guy tending to him and the drum set DURING the song and then wrapping his hand or something after. 

Hopefully he needs immediate surgery

1 hour ago, mrw80 said:

I'm gonna say it-  I like The Seeker. It's a pretty powerful version and they nail it. Axl kills it because it's in the range of his voice that is still 100% the way it's always been. 

I don't like that it take the place of what could be another alternate original song, but in isolation, I don't think it gets the credit it deserves. 

Just my opinion (and probably not a popular one). 

Agreed

1 hour ago, mrw80 said:

I was in the 4th row and noticed him grimacing in pain when Nightrain started...Slash n Duff both walked over and seemed to ask him what was wrong...seemed like something with his right hand

• Like 1