10/19/17 - Washington, DC - Verizon Center

gunsguy

Just now, GoForJMark said:

Seen the video, maybe midway to this leg or the last show of the tour. Hope to see it!

I would love to hear Shackler's Revenge, If the World and Prostitute on this tour. I wouldn't mind the other songs too.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GNR 1991 said:

Am I the only who's getting annoyed with the constant posting/spamming of every Snapchat (and multiple angles of one!), every pic imaginable and Periscope link for the show threads?

No one is engaging with these posts for the most part and they are slowing down the site and the thread for me every single time.

I don't mind the Periscope links or the official GN'R Snapchat or Instagram posts but the constant spamming of random audience pics is unnecessary. Way too many.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

I don't mind the Periscope links or the official GN'R Snapchat or Instagram posts but the constant spamming of random audience pics is unnecessary. Way too many.

Same here, a lot of them are screenshots and are bad quality.  Stick with the scope links and good quality posts please! 

• Like 1

Encore with Catcher AND Madagascar. I haven't been this hyped and excited about Guns for a long time. I know that makes no sense to the CD haters but with everything pointing to new music and a long future for the band i'm just stoked.

Really interesting that they're apparently burying Axl in the mix on songs like YCBM that he's weaker on. I wonder if that's a conscious decision and whether Axl knows about it. Or if it's just people imagining it because those songs are louder instrumentally. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Encore with Catcher AND Madagascar. I haven't been this hyped and excited about Guns for a long time. I know that makes no sense to the CD haters but with everything pointing to new music and a long future for the band i'm just stoked.

Really interesting that they're apparently burying Axl in the mix on songs like YCBM that he's weaker on. I wonder if that's a conscious decision and whether Axl knows about it. Or if it's just people imagining it because those songs are louder instrumentally. 

Not that buried 

5 hours ago, ironmt said:

One thing Is for certain, November Rain Is actually listenable now.  Really nice to have some rasp back In the song and Slash's solos are right on with the album version, particularly tonight. 

Ok, just listened to Paradise City, another song that Is usually dreadful live, well not tonight. Axl seems to be making a slow comeback. I am grateful to actually be able to listen to some of these songs In full again. I truly appreciate the honest effort from Axl.

Yeah, but he's far from good yet.

Also, they still have "tempo" issues. Some versions are really fast, like this show.

2 hours ago, Jordan Rose said:

It's just because his falsetto is way quieter than his rasp. So it doesn't cut through as much.

5 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

Am I the only who's getting annoyed with the constant posting/spamming of every Snapchat (and multiple angles of one!), every pic imaginable and Periscope link for the show threads?

No one is engaging with these posts for the most part and they are slowing down the site and the thread for me every single time.

Nope. The odd decent one’s ok but far too many of them as of late 

2 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Sorry, streams were really bad last night, was not a lot to work from.  My apologies 😆

I wasn't having a dig at you, it's great that you are always here posting updates.  I'm just a lurker most of the time...;)  I just find it frustrating seeing what are really good shots of the band but they are bad quality.  I would prefer to see less photos but better quality, from whoever posts them.  

Edited by Lindy100

However, one thing I did notice is AFD songs come out better live than the rest. UYI and especially CD songs end up with too many sounds..which is another cause of Axl's vocals disappearing into the mix. 

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but ISE Brownstone Jungle RQ my Michelle OTGM PC Nightrain all come through very well in the mix 

8 hours ago, AFGnR said:

Starting to feel like NuGnR 2.0 (feat. Duff n Slash) with all these CD songs.

It really is... It sucks I tried to get into NuGnR and I just couldn't.. I wanted to but they were awful.. At least there was really nothing about them that appealed to my taste or hardly resembled the band Guns N Roses that I loved so much. This is better but there are still so many parallels.. 

All the CD songs like you mentioned..
Fortus and Franks adding their NuGnR flavor.. which tastes like dog shit..
Double Keyboard action polluting songs like It's So Easy.. The keyboards over the main riff of that song are just sad. 
Alot the same covers 

I was hoping last nights show would get me pumped for my show coming up Sunday. It started to.. I turned it on around November Rain. Axl sounded damn good as did Slash.. Then into boring ass BHS... KOHD which boring Fortus solos and Axl's oohhh ooohs kill..  Nightrain livened things back up but the Encore was terrible.. CD song, slow ballad, CD song... Then the periscope died and didn't bother tuning into another one.. The whole set list has turned into a roller coaster.

Great Song
Great Song
ok CD song
Great Song
Great Song
Terrible Terrible CD song
Great Song
Good cover
Great song this lineup ruins
Great song that Axl can't sing
Boring Duff cover
Terrible CD song
Great Song
Great song this lineup sucks at
Great Song Axl can't sing
Great Solo
Great song
Weird cover
Great song this lineup isn't great at
Great song depending on Axl's vocals that night
Boring cover
Great song they seem to be getting better at
Boring lame cover
Great cover this lineup sucks at
Great Song
------------
Shit CD song to start an Encore?
Great song... Weird Encore Song
Ok CD song... But two CD songs in the encore? They don't even deserve one spot
Great Song
ok cover 
Great song

I dunno.. Maybe if I never saw them back in the day when there where no bad songs to be played.. It was fucking magic from beginning to end every time.. I saw them last summer and it was a great show but the set list have taken a significant turn for the worse.. 3 CD songs was hardly bearable, now we get 5.. Woot Woot.. Losing classics like Out ta Get me for Black Hole Sun.. Woot Woot... The whole show seems so up and down..

At least Axl seems to be sounding good.... I won't go to the show with my arms crossed.. I'll just get drunk and enjoy the good stuff. It is what it is.. I am sure it will be good but just not $300 good.. Or good enough for me to spend that kind of money again. If there even is an "again".  Who really knows.  Hopefully I am proved wrong.

• Like 2