Axl is on stage with Billy Joel right now in Minnesota

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Of course it is. It doesn't matter if Axl sings one song for 3 hours straight, it's still a longer performance.

Subtract the parts of the show where Axl isn't singing and he's probably got about 2 and a half hours of singing, stage time. That's still more taxing that what most other artists do. Regardless, the entire band is out there for over 3 hours and that's impressive in itself.

I don't know how much the artists who perform 2 hours are charging. But GN'R is charging a lot. So they better perform for 3 hours, long song, short song or jams

Just now, Padme said:

I don't know how much the artists who perform 2 hours are charging. But GN'R is charging a lot. So they better perform for 3 hours, long song, short song or jams

Well ticket cost wasn't part of the original discussion, but yeah, Crue tickets were just under/around $200 for non-VIP seats/packages.

Not to mention if anyone is phoning it in when it came to performing, it was Vince!

1 hour ago, Padme said:

How many 10 minutes songs Motley Crue Has? GN'R is performing the big 3 songs, Estranged, Coma and November Rain. Those 3 songs alone and you have like 30 minutes of the show gone, in just 3 songs. Don't get me wrong. I love they play them. And I hope they keep doing it. But I'm not sure the comparison is accurate.

Then I guess I'll continue with the fact that Motley Crue played 16 songs and Guns in StL did 28 taking out Slash's solo and Wish You Were Here. We can all compare bands until we're blue in the face, but when a band does 28 songs, even if a handful are covers, they're not phoning it in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

All voice things aside, I don't know how a guy can be 'phoning it in' when he and his band are playing for 3 hrs 15 mins +. We flew to Motleys last show in LA and they were on stage for less than 2 hours, and that included Tommy Lee being stuck upside down for 15 mins...thats phoning it in! 

I'll take Bridge School Axl over Vince Neil.

• Like 1