Axl is on stage with Billy Joel right now in Minnesota

I always think that he chose to sing Mickey on some of Guns song is because combination of various reason, the biggest reason is probably to preserve his voice for the long run, or if he let Slash randomly noodling in the middle of Yesterday or even let Frank change the infamous pat-boone-debbie-boone on November Rain, a song that Frank had nothing to do, maybe he thinking why the fuck he can't do same thing on his own song and starts sing like the way he want to?

That's probably why he sang ACDC song using all his abilities because he knew that song wasn't his and want to respect the owner of the song. And of course because he need to prove to audience outside his fanbase. 

He obviously knew his fanbase dissapointed by this thing but it is what it is. 

Edited by Magnus Cavalerra

1 hour ago, Lies They Tell said:

Are you joking?  You think Axl could just sing anything he wants to when he's performing with Billy Joel? No, Highway To Hell and Big Shot are songs that Billy Joel performs live and Axl was just there as a guest. He can't just go, you know what, let's play GNR instead cause I want to promote my band. No Billy Joel used to play Highway To Hell with Brian Johnson and now because Axl is the new leadsinger of AC/DC, he's doing it with Axl. Axl wouldn't even be there if he wasn't the singer of AC/DC.

Keep making excuses for Axl LOL

Better sound and video....Axl sounding like HE SHOULD ! 
Honestly, nobody is expecting him to rasp out a 4hr gig...
Just that he do it when he's meant to ! The guy that said GNR is more diverse to sing,

for sure...ain't that obvious...That's not what I take Axl to Church on...It's the songs

like YCBM, etc that he could definitely sing in this style and refuses to...
He did it last year, no excuses...

• Like 1

Axl never went full rasp on AC/DC. He sounded like Mickey or almost Mickey on many Bon songs, especially on TNT & Touch Too Much (and those were the songs he liked the most). He can get rasp when he's screaming like in most ACDC's Brian era songs or in Jungle, his problem is that he can't sing with rasp anymore like in SCOM, YCBM or ACDC's Bon era songs. It's obvious that he was more motivated with AC/DC but he just can't go full rasp like in 2010 even if he wanted to. Believing that he can but refuses to do it is absurd. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But there it is, the rasp!

He can actually turn it on whenever he likes!

Yep...which is good to know, I guess, but mildly annoying ! 
Still, I loved my gigs in London, but next go around, I will

be more judgemental...
Still not to take away ALL the awesome things that have happened in the (almost) last 2 years or so ! 

7 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Axl never went full rasp on AC/DC. He sounded like Mickey or almost Mickey on many Bon songs, especially on TNT & Touch Too Much (and those were the songs he liked the most). He can get rasp when he's screaming like in most ACDC's Brian era songs or in Jungle, his problem is that he can't sing with rasp anymore like in SCOM, YCBM or ACDC's Bon era songs. It's obvious that he was more motivated with AC/DC but he just can't go full rasp like in 2010 even if he wanted to. Believing that he can but refuses to do it is absurd. 

Not true...as the last time he did Touch, he sounded great on it and TNT got raspier as it went too...

4 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

Full rasp would be songs like anything from Back in Black. That's 2010 Axl. The Bon stuff he was brilliant on. TNT was definitely a choice to sing that way. Rock N Roll Damnation, IYWB, HTH, WLR, High Voltage, Live Wire, Problem Child were all brilliant vocal work by Axl. As far as touch too much goes Axl rasped the last two attempts but the initial one was weak. 

The variety of music he sang and nailed was incredible that's why I don't understand when people say AC/DC songs are all sang the same way and that's why he's so good. The setlist alone proves that wrong. The fact that they had two singers in over 40 years of music is more proof. 

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Full rasp would be songs like anything from Back in Black. That's 2010 Axl. The Bon stuff he was brilliant on. TNT was definitely a choice to sing that way. Rock N Roll Damnation, IYWB, HTH, WLR, High Voltage, Live Wire, Problem Child were all brilliant vocal work by Axl. As far as touch too much goes Axl rasped the last two attempts but the initial one was weak. 

The variety of music he sang and nailed was incredible that's why I don't understand when people say AC/DC songs are all sang the same way and that's why he's so good. The setlist alone proves that wrong. The fact that they had two singers in over 40 years of music is more proof. 

With full rasp I meant rasp on all songs during a show like in many 2010 shows. I agree that he was brilliant on AC/DC but it's obvious that there were many Mickey moments, he can't always do the rasp. 

3 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

With full rasp I meant rasp on all songs during a show like in many 2010 shows. I agree that he was brilliant on AC/DC but it's obvious that there were many Mickey moments, he can't always do the rasp. 

The thing is he can, if the setlist is suited to it. It's not like he was rasping SCOM and NR every night in 2010. 

48 minutes ago, North Korean Democracy said:

I saw AXL/DC in person and was blown away by the vocals the entire show. There was no Mickey mouse shit.  Even if there are a few moments on youtube  in the AC/DC songs where the Mickey voice creeps in, it most definitely doesn't butcher the songs and it's only a line or two. To pretend Axl doesn't choose what voice he uses to sing is absurd. We know he does and we've all see the proof of it. Just look at how he clearly chooses to sing YCBM compared to how he chooses to sing Nightrain. If you don't think that's a choice then you're blind. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Bono said:

I saw AXL/DC in person and was blown away by the vocals the entire show. There was no Mickey mouse shit.  Even if there are a few moments on youtube  in the AC/DC songs where the Mickey voice creeps in, it most definitely doesn't butcher the songs and it's only a line or two. To pretend Axl doesn't choose what voice he uses to sing is absurd. We know he does and we've all see the proof of it. Just look at how he clearly chooses to sing YCBM compared to how he chooses to sing Nightrain. If you don't think that's a choice then you're blind. 

I never said it wasn't a choice lol, I said that there are vocal ranges where he just can't go rasp anymore and chooses to do a falsetto. When he has to sing with rasp like in most GNR songs or ACDC songs like TNT, Touch Too Much or the verses of High Voltage and Sin City he chooses to go Mickey because I assume it must be painful for him to sing with rasp. When he has to scream like in Back In Black or the high parts of Jungle, YCBM and Better he can achieve the rasp almost effortlessly.

The Mickey voice it's clearly a choice but it's not just because of laziness, in AC/DC he was very motivated and he gave his all but there were still plenty of Mickey moments. Axl definitely butchered TNT and Touch Too Much because those aren't song that are sung with screaming vocals. Considering how motivated Axl was and the fact that he still went mostly Mickey with those songs it's an indicator that my theory is right. It's normal that you didn't notice it at the show, it usually happens the same with GNR. Go watch it on YouTube. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, North Korean Democracy said:

I never said it wasn't a choice lol, I said that there are vocal ranges where he just can't go rasp anymore and chooses to do a falsetto. When he has to sing with rasp like in most GNR songs or ACDC songs like TNT, Touch Too Much or the verses of High Voltage and Sin City he chooses to go Mickey because I assume it must be painful for him to sing with rasp. When he has to scream like in Back In Black or the high parts of Jungle, YCBM and Better he can achieve the rasp almost effortlessly.

The Mickey voice it's clearly a choice but it's not just because of laziness, in AC/DC he was very motivated and he gave his all but there were still plenty of Mickey moments. Axl definitely butchered TNT and Touch Too Much because those aren't song that are sung with screaming vocals. Considering how motivated Axl was and the fact that he still went mostly Mickey with those songs it's an indicator that my theory is right. It's normal that you didn't notice it at the show, it usually happens the same with GNR. Go watch it on YouTube. 

I don't have to watch it on youtube. I saw it live. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's true. I fucking hate how he chooses to sing You Could Be Mine, to the point I'd like them to swap it for something else...even another cover tbh as long as it's cool.

Agree 100 percent YCBM is a song that's played like an AC/DC song it needs that rasp to take it to another level. Before the whole tour started I said this could be the song of the tour if Axl pulls it off. The thing is how can you defend Axl when he pulls these kind of vocals outside GNR ? 

Edit : I don't mean you personally I mean in general 

Edited by Gold top 78

29 minutes ago, Bono said:

I don't have to watch it on youtube. I saw it live. 

It's true. Saw GNR twice, AXL/DC once, and at the Rock or Bust show he sounded mythical. I had tons of fun at the GNR gigs (Paris, Belgium), but the vocals -although alright for the remainder of the show- sounded way different. Seing the guy on stage, however, is always quite something.?

Edited by Gaanzer