Axl is on stage with Billy Joel right now in Minnesota

4 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I'm so glad I went to see AC/DC in Marseille last year.

I had the golden ticket and I had to go experience Axl on stage at his best level vocally in years.

Seeing him with AC/DC really felt like a once in a life time thing.  2016 was a good year because I saw AC/DC in Vegas in February with Brian Johnson. Then saw Guns N' Roses in Vegas in April and then saw AXL/DC in NYC in September. For a guy who lives 2584 km (1605 miles) away from the nearest city (Vancouver) to be able to catch all three bands was pure luck. I planned the AC/DC show in Vegas but GnR in Vegas was luck because I managed to catch it in transit coming from Dallas after Wrestlemania and then the AXL/DC show in New York just happened to be announced after I had booked the trip to NYC. 

Long story but yeah. I got lucky in 2016. 

• Like 1

I seriously regret not going to one of those Axl/DC shows. I was lucky enough to see Axl in 2010, but AC/DC was a different beast. Axl's performances this year have been lackluster to say the least, I'm still excited to see him and especially Slash and Duff play a long set in September when I see them, but honestly I'm a huge GNR fan because of Axl. And at this point, I'd infinitely rather see an Axl/DC show than a NITL show. :shrugs:

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 minute ago, Bono said:

Seeing him with AC/DC really felt like a once in a life time thing.  2016 was a good year because I saw AC/DC in Vegas in February with Brian Johnson. Then saw Guns N' Roses in Vegas in April and then saw AXL/DC in NYC in September. For a guy who lives 2584 km (1605 miles) away from the nearest city (Vancouver) to be able to catch all three bands was pure luck. I planned the AC/DC show in Vegas but GnR in Vegas was luck because I managed to catch it in transit coming from Dallas after Wrestlemania and then the AXL/DC show in New York just happened to be announced after I had booked the trip to NYC. 

Long story but yeah. I got lucky in 2016. 

Awesome to hear.

I remember Marseille was one of the first gig of the european tour, and everything went by very quickly, I bought mine at the last minute since many people asked for ticket refunds.

17 hours ago, Pixeb said:

I noticed that Axl used a blue microphone again. Just as in the 90's. But with a black top (I don't know the name) Sounds a bit stupid but like to see the old mic again.

I'm not crazy!!! I loved the old mic, the blue and yellow mic and then he also had one that was blue and yellow with a white tape at the bottom.

Absolute fucking perfection from Axl.... I haven't been one of them saying it all along.. But why not with Guns too?? It doesn't seem like he is putting in any effort with Highway To Hell and it is absolute fucking perfection..... He literally couldn't sound any better.......

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Absolute fucking perfection from Axl.... I haven't been one of them saying it all along.. But why not with Guns too?? It doesn't seem like he is putting in any effort with Highway To Hell and it is absolute fucking perfection..... He literally couldn't sound any better.......

probly cuz guns gon break up again in 2k18 :D:D  

14 minutes ago, Marie82 said:

These random appereances by Axl are so nice to see. Something different every now and then. Very cool.

I agree. It is great to see other artists inviting him to appear with them. ?

Edited by BlueJean Baby
Typo
  • Like 1

As GNR fans we shouldn't really be excited about this. I take this as a spit in the face of GNR fans worldwide. Especially the ones that paid to see GNR. The guy tries his best and sings his best for other artists and other fan bases, but he takes a shit over the thing that made him a legend in the first place. 

And don't give me the "these songs suit him better" bullshit.

Imagine someone saying that a Ferrari engine is better suited for a Lamborghini. 

What a joke.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

Not for a whole show. He'd have no voice after 3 songs probably.

That is bullcrap. There is no rasp like this on any GNR songs. And are you forgetting all the shows he has done with AC/DC in which he rasped through the entire set?

The guy has not lost his voice, he just doesn't give a fuck.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, moreblack said:

And if there was he'd have no voice left after a few songs

That is not true. 

2010 put this whole notion that he couldn't sing GNR song with rasp to rest, 

It is a reunion tour, this is the time to go all out and "lose his voice". Singing the 2nd half of Estranged properly is not going to kill his voice.

He just doesn't care.

I'm on the if he could he would train.....  He knows what he has in the tank each night does what he can with it.. Some nights there is more fuel in the tank and he uses it by how he is feeling that night.. That's why certain song sounds good some times and other times not so much.. Then the songs that he pretty much nails night after night.... I have no problem with Axl's performance and effort since the reunion..... 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I'm on the if he could he would train.....  He knows what he has in the tank each night does what he can with it.. Some nights there is more fuel in the tank and he uses it by how he is feeling that night.. That's why certain song sounds good some times and other times not so much.. Then the songs that he pretty much nails night after night.... I have no problem with Axl's performance and effort since the reunion..... 

Agree 100%.   Dude is giving it his all, on time, great set (98% of it), band seems to be getting along....love it.  

17 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

That is bullcrap. There is no rasp like this on any GNR songs. And are you forgetting all the shows he has done with AC/DC in which he rasped through the entire set?

The guy has not lost his voice, he just doesn't give a fuck.

He was incredible during AC/Dc but there were still no rasp "mickey" songs too.. Most of the Bon Scott songs anyway... I agree he sounded better with AC/DC but he has been at it hard. I actually think he has gotten better at a lot of other old school vocal techniques that don't even contain rasp... Like Don't Cry and Patience  I dodn't even think he sounded great with the low voice parts in songs like Estranged and COMA at the beginning of the tour. It just sounded different.. Now he just sounds so much more comfortable with it and almost like he did on UYI's.. Low voice mind you..

Jack Daniels 135 proof Single Barrel rambling....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

He was incredible during AC/Dc but there were still no rasp "mickey" songs too.. Most of the Bon Scott songs anyway... I agree he sounded better with AC/DC but he has been at it hard. I actually think he has gotten better at a lot of other old school vocal techniques that don't even contain rasp... Like Don't Cry and Patience  I dodn't even think he sounded great with the low voice parts in songs like Estranged and COMA at the beginning of the tour. It just sounded different.. Now he just sounds so much more comfortable with it and almost like he did on UYI's.. Low voice mind you..

Jack Daniels 135 proof Single Barrel rambling....

There is no power in his voice during a GNR set. None.

It is all too weak. GNR has no balls anymore because of it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

2010 put this whole notion that he couldn't sing GNR song with rasp to rest, 

But 2010 was a long time ago now, and them vocal cords are not getting any younger

28 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

Singing the 2nd half of Estranged properly is not going to kill his voice.

Once or twice, but every night of the tour? 

And Melissa is a vocal coach, who knows, maybe she's got him singing like this now so he can last

Edited by moreblack

9 minutes ago, moreblack said:

But 2010 was a long time ago now, and them vocal cords are not getting any younger

Once or twice, but every night of the tour? 

And Melissa is a vocal coach, who knows, maybe she's got him singing like this now so he can last

So was 2001(38 yrs old) when he reappeared on the scene. He sounded like shit back then. 10 years later and he "regained" his voice. You'd think that wouldn't be possible for "aging vocal chords".  That to me illustrated that Axl was intentionally singing like shit for a decade, just like he is singing like shit for anyone not named Billy Joel or AC/DC this time around.

Edited by SWINGTRADER