Axl is on stage with Billy Joel right now in Minnesota

24 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Was Duff at the concert?

Good question.  And tonight is Florida Georgia Line (is that correct?), NELLY and Backstreet Boys at Target Field.  Wonder if we'll have a Slash and or Duff/Axl appearance? 

So some more good vocals from Axl and it's easy to see why there's always threads and debates about AXl/DC v GNR vocals. It's not something I bother to talk about but it would be nice if Axl put those vocals on YCBM and SCOM I don't expect it for the full show as 25 -30 songs is too much. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

So some more good vocals from Axl and it's easy to see why there's always threads and debates about AXl/DC v GNR vocals. It's not something I bother to talk about but it would be nice if Axl put those vocals on YCBM and SCOM I don't expect it for the full show as 25 -30 songs is too much. 

I'm going to disagree with this just slightly....I think the way he swings SCOM now is actually perfect (at least to me, I prefer that one without any rasp).  However, he needs to bring this voice to YCBM for sure....along with Rocket Queen, November Rain, Paradise City and a few others I don't care to specifically list right now.    Bring back the rasp to Civil War, etc.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

I'm going to disagree with this just slightly....I think the way he swings SCOM now is actually perfect (at least to me, I prefer that one without any rasp).  However, he needs to bring this voice to YCBM for sure....along with Rocket Queen, November Rain, Paradise City and a few others I don't care to specifically list right now.    Bring back the rasp to Civil War, etc.   

I don't mind the way Axl sings SCOM the only bit I think he could give more on is the the "woah oh oh oh sweet child of mine" line before the solo but YCBM is a song that needs to be sung like an AC/DC song. I agree with all the songs you've mentioned especially PC because it's  the final song of the night so why not just give it his all. 

• Like 1

Lots of good theories here. One other thought on the "cleaner" vocals with Guns may be for variety's sake as a performer? AC/DC has to be sung a certain way- particularly as an "invitee" in someone else's band with an arena full of that band's fans.

Guns on the other hand is Axl's gig- so if he wants to mix up styles to keep things fresh to him- that's where he can do it- particularly with tickets still moving, attendees enjoying the shows, etc. anyway...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, EricA said:

BJ has HTH now and then in his setlist, also WITHOUT Axl, usually his guitar tech is on vocals for it, so it was'nt Axl who brought it in...

But that was probably the attraction for axl to want to do the gig. ;)

My point is still valid.

12 minutes ago, gnfnr2k said:

LOL at Axl playing an AC DC song and not GNR song with Billy Joel, Axl is such a joke at this point.

Are you joking?  You think Axl could just sing anything he wants to when he's performing with Billy Joel? No, Highway To Hell and Big Shot are songs that Billy Joel performs live and Axl was just there as a guest. He can't just go, you know what, let's play GNR instead cause I want to promote my band. No Billy Joel used to play Highway To Hell with Brian Johnson and now because Axl is the new leadsinger of AC/DC, he's doing it with Axl. Axl wouldn't even be there if he wasn't the singer of AC/DC.

• Like 1

Ok, he still has it. Mickey-style is just a choice and it fucking sucks. Lack of motivation with Guns is the biggest problem and Mickey proves it. He could sing even YCBM with rasp, if he wanted. But he don´t. I think Slash and Duff know that and don´t like it, but they can do nothing. They get paid well.

Wait until new AC/DC record is out and Axl is on vocals: you hear no Mickey there. Just powerful rasp. That rasp, what Guns need so much now.

Edited by Loot Man
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Jesus Christ that's one of his best vocal performances of the song ever (HTH)...right when you think the guy has burned out his voice he's like "watch this ya dumbass" 

Axl almost sounded as good as he did on the AXL/DC run...much better than the first time with Billy ! So he does still have it on tap ...
It's a choice to clean sing with Guns...I mean, he said it himself at China Exchange...Can this debate be closed...there's so much evidence that proves it...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Axl almost sounded as good as he did on the AXL/DC run...much better than the first time with Billy ! So he does still have it on tap ...
It's a choice to clean sing with Guns...I mean, he said it himself at China Exchange...Can this debate be closed...there's so much evidence that proves it...

I'm impressed Bc Highway to hell is a song that Axl isn't always strong on. He's had weak performances, but here with Billy he was on every note and couldn't have sounded better. This coming after over 100 shows, and after some lackluster performances