THE OFFICIAL PROPER FOOTBALL THREAD 2020/21

Len Cnut

9 hours ago, Dazey said:

Why are all football fans utter wankers? :lol: 

Never understood it myself, getting your head kicked in for a football team.  Not that its anything to do with the actual team, the teams just an excuse to congregate.  I used to think it was a bit of a laugh and that and I had this weird little moment of realisation, funnily enough also involving Millwall supporters.  I'm walking down the street right, match day, and a bunch of Millwall supporters are walking up the other way, this little kid walks by em, asian of some stripe fuck knows, anyway, this big fuckin' bald headed tattooed Millwall supporters, must've been well past 40 yrs of age, he goes up to this kid, spreads his arms out in a 'c'mon then!' motion and goes 'AHHHHH, PAKI CUNT!'.  Now I don't mind the racism but this kid was like, for want of a better description, a PROPER pussy.  I mean he was all of like 11 years old, skinny as fuck, 6 stone on the best day of his life and like, he looked a bit like...spaccy.  Not being rude, I literally think he was a bit like...I dunno, whatever the word is, slow, not all there etc. 

And it just made me think like...I dunno, you're fuckin' 50 odd or however old you are, and you're picking on this little speccy fuckin' kid, with about 40 of your mates around you.  And what's worse is this kid jumped out of his fuckin' skin, clearly terrified, he just wanted to fuckin' get by em and its like, fuckssake man, you're supposed to be some fuckin' hardcase, what the fuck happens to a man in life that he gets that fuckin' big and old and grown and the best thing he can figure to do with his free time is go around scaring like, little weedy kids.  And this kid was like, one of the proper gets bullied jobs.  I got no problem with you kicking off with people but kick off with the other side, kick off with someone who wants it, not some little pussy learning difficulties kid. 

I've known some nasty fuckers in my time, proper kick off merchants and I've never found one who went a bundle on firms.  Everyone thinks its stupid and pointless.  I could understand if you're a teenager and its the 70s and there's LITERALLY fuck all better doing but if you're still at it past your mid 20s then there's really something wrong with you.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Football fans revel in a sort of laddy pubby boorishness, which is incongruent because the players they watch are all pampered European prima donnas. 

Just a joke, sure, but no smoke without fire so I will comment on the underlying sentiment:

What a ridiculously way of looking at it. So in your opinion proper Brits shouldn't be able to enjoy football played by foreigners. Only football played by other Brits is okay. Stick to your own kind. They come and take your fish and now them foreigners come and ruin sports too by invading the game? If the foreigners could just stay away from Britain, right? Keep things as it was back in the 50s. Separation. Division. Untainted English culture. Football played by whites with yellow teeth who enjoy their tea. That's really why you wanted Brexit, right? To stop the immigration that ruin your nation? It really bothers you when your countrymen watch Premier League football, right? With all those pampered foreigners. Frogs and krauts. 

@SoulMonster wow! you read into that a bit didn't you?  I didn't see that way at all :shrugs:

My take on @DieselDaisy post was this; English footy fans= yobs, 'lads' rough types

Players in England are not 'laddish' but more delicate and girly 

11 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Just a joke, sure, but no smoke without fire so I will comment on the underlying sentiment:

What a ridiculously way of looking at it. So in your opinion proper Brits shouldn't be able to enjoy football played by foreigners. Only football played by other Brits is okay. Stick to your own kind. They come and take your fish and now them foreigners come and ruin sports too by invading the game? If the foreigners could just stay away from Britain, right? Keep things as it was back in the 50s. Separation. Division. Untainted English culture. Football played by whites with yellow teeth who enjoy their tea. That's really why you wanted Brexit, right? To stop the immigration that ruin your nation? It really bothers you when your countrymen watch Premier League football, right? With all those pampered foreigners. Frogs and krauts. 

Talk about creating a straw man argument!

One error is there are enough pampered prima donna Englishmen in top level football which also produce the same incongruence between your pot bellied skinhead yobbo supporter and the diving millionaire with man bun.

21 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Are you feeling alright?  You’re still top of the league bruv, don’t be so fatalistic.

No it's done for Loserpool... classic chokers....

And Klopp turning himself into Mourinho - snow is guilty, rain is too wet, fans are too loud, bubbles made grass slippery...

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Talk about creating a straw man argument!

One error is there are enough pampered prima donna Englishmen in top level football which also produce the same incongruence between your pot bellied skinhead yobbo supporter and the diving millionaire with man bun.

The fact that the prima donna behavior of footballer have everything to do with them being celebrities with ridiculous amounts of money, and not because they are foreigners, as you pointed out, just underscores my point.

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The fact that the prima donna behavior of footballer have everything to do with them being celebrities with ridiculous amounts of money, and not because they are foreigners, as you pointed out, just underscores my point.

You are creating a straw man argument for that point. I said there was a disconnect between your average football yobbo and the players he is watching on the field - how many players in Newcastle United are bona fide Geordies? I don't see why this is worth embellishing? You must be bored? Perhaps time for another theistic rant methinks?

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You are creating a straw man argument for that point. I said there was a disconnect between your average football yobbo and the players he is watching on the field

You said there was a disconnect between them and the European prima donnas. If being foreign wasn't your point, then you wouldn't have mentioned it. It simply wasn't about typical working class guys being distanced from young, and rich footballer and their flashy lives, it was about foreigners. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

You said there was a disconnect between them and the European prima donnas. If being foreign wasn't your point, then you wouldn't have mentioned it. It simply wasn't about typical working class guys being distanced from young, and rich footballer and their flashy lives, it was about foreigners. 

It is rather both. If somebody is from Valencia it hardly needs to be pointed out that he is not from Newcastle. I don't see how there is anything necessarily worth arguing by pointing this simple fact out.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is rather both. If somebody is from Valencia it hardly needs to be pointed out that he is not from Newcastle. I don't see how there is anything necessarily worth arguing by pointing this simple fact out.

Of course it is not worth arguing over whether a guy from Valencia is also from Newcastle, it is not even worth bringing up :lol:

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Of course it is not worth arguing over whether a guy from Valencia is also from Newcastle, it is not even worth bringing up :lol:

Well? Why are you pursuing this argument?

And why did you mention Brexit. I've probably listed about five reasons why I support Brexit on here and not one of them pertains to migrant European footballers - or even migrants in toto!

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well? Why are you pursuing this argument?

And why did you mention Brexit. I've probably listed about five reasons why I support Brexit on here and not one of them pertains to migrant European footballers - or even migrants in toto!

I am not pursuing any argument, you have already admitted it was (partly) about foreigners.

And I did mention Brexit because I wanted to point out that your problems with foreigners also help to understand your Brexit support, regardless of what you might claim.

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I am not pursuing any argument, you have already admitted it was (partly) about foreigners.

And I did mention Brexit because I wanted to point out that your problems with foreigners also help to understand your Brexit support, regardless of what you might claim.

You don't know anything about me.

1 hour ago, AslatIE said:

So, we were 11 points away from top 4 when Solskjær came in, and now we're 11 points away from being in the top of the league.

Anyone taking bets? ;) 

I will take the bet if you want to bet Utd win the league. Title winning form but theyre simply too far back now could possibly catch Spurs but even that's a long shot.

4 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I will take the bet if you want to bet Utd win the league. Title winning form but theyre simply too far back now could possibly catch Spurs but even that's a long shot.

Nah, we ain't winning the league this year. Definitely betting on at least being top 4 and winning the FA Cup, but anything goes really.

• Like 1

I thought Chelsea might have at least given Man City a decent game but they just got completely fucked over from start to finish. This Sari fella will get the sack without a doubt just a matter of whether they leave it until after the league cup.

Same old story with Chelsea, they will probably get a different italian manager now and win the fucking league next year.