Guns N Roses Live at the Ritz 87 leaked(complete)!!!

20 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Is this one better than 1988?

Thoughts?

They play well and tight, I love the 87 show. A lot. But compared to 88 a little bit too tame. 88 is rawer and wilder. Also there's not enough light to see all band members properly. Only Steven, Axl and Slash get a spot. So the camera is neglecting the Duff and Izzy.

Edited by Tori72
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

So true!! Uncle Slash. Duff is the friend of the kid...LOL!  Love it.  I just love this photo of the guys, captures their distinct personalities so well.  It's also just a great photograph.  If I could enlarge it and put it on my wall I would. Izzy looks distinctly like the leader of the band I reckon.  

Why can I not see your signature and the pic? Please show me. Izzal and Izzy being the leader of the band is a sight I wanna enjoy :D

7 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Why can I not see your signature and the pic? Please show me. Izzal and Izzy being the leader of the band is a sight I wanna enjoy :D

Signatures are not avaiable in mobile browers

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm not saying there isn't good stuff on the albums and 1991 shows - I myself like the Izzy songs - but the Illusions do not hold a candle to Appetite and it is the same for the respective tours. 

Hmm..depends, what’s your criteria for superior album?  How tolerant are you of flaws/imperfections on the final product?  Which band do you feel like listening to?

Because they are two very different albums/tours from a band that found itself in two very different circumstances.  

AFD showcases a band that, despite their backstabbing, bitching and sniping (if Axl is to be believed, it began here) all the members had the exact same goal and were prepared to do whatever it took to achieve it.  Their cut throat attitude got them what they wanted; it underpins the album and sometimes that’s the band I want to listen to.

Illusions showcases a band that had succumbed to the backstabbing, the bitching and substance abuse, no longer sharing the same goals, or moving in the same direction, yet somehow, against the odds, they manage to write some (gloriously flawed) masterpieces that the best songs on AFD could only hint at, and sometimes that’s the band I want to listen to - train wreck survivors hanging on by a thread.  Maybe I just like tragicomedy. :lol:

For me, one album/tour isn’t superior to the other; they’re just different.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Really?  I didn't know you couldn't see it.  Can you see my avatar?  How weird.  It's such an awesome photograph of the guys.  

1 minute ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Really?  I didn't know you couldn't see it.  Can you see my avatar?  How weird.  It's such an awesome photograph of the guys.  

Spoiler

I'm derailing the thread with my COMPUTER activities (or not). But I can see your avatar but no signatures. Probably a setting of my account but I'm too lazy to figure it out now. :lol:

8 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Hmm..depends, what’s your criteria for superior album?  How tolerant are you of flaws/imperfections on the final product?  Which band do you feel like listening to?

Because they are two very different albums/tours from a band that found itself in two very different circumstances.  

AFD showcases a band that, despite their backstabbing, bitching and sniping (if Axl is to be believed, it began here) all the members had the exact same goal and were prepared to do whatever it took to achieve it.  Their cut throat attitude got them what they wanted; it underpins the album and sometimes that’s the band I want to listen to.

Illusions showcases a band that had succumbed to the backstabbing, the bitching and substance abuse, no longer sharing the same goals, or moving in the same direction, yet somehow, against the odds, they manage to write some (gloriously flawed) masterpieces that the best songs on AFD could only hint at, and sometimes that’s the band I want to listen to - train wreck survivors hanging on by a thread.  Maybe I just like tragicomedy. :lol:

For me, one album/tour isn’t superior to the other; they’re just different.

The bolded. Really, which songs are those?! I am not bitching, by the way, it only comes across as. :awesomeface: 

Apart from Izzy's songs (I know, no surprise here coming from me) the good songs were already written in or before Appetite days. I like UYI but it is nearly uncomparable to Appetite, which is a fucking masterpiece of a rock album. UYI is great but if that would have been a debut, it would not have gotten them as far, I think.

8 minutes ago, Tori72 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm derailing the thread with my COMPUTER activities (or not). But I can see your avatar but no signatures. Probably a setting of my account but I'm too lazy to figure it out now. :lol:

click on your username on top right corner -> account settings -> signature -> view signatures (check that it's green)

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tori72 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Haha! Izzy was always the coolest and knew how to dress.  Saying that, nothing beats Axl wearing his Joan Collins coat.  He was a diva and he was bloody good at it.

On topic: I agree with you re: Ritz 87 v 88.  87 is so poorly lit, it's frustrating.  I also don't appreciate the 80s camera effects.  Very annoying.  Band sounds better for 87, and Axl is something else.  He's absolutely mesmerising to watch.  Vocally better.  But overall, 88 is the one I prefer for the reasons you say.  Just raw, wild, unpredictable...Axl throwing the mic at the end of RQ at the sound guy but accidentally hits their tour manager. LOL

13 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

The bolded. Really, which songs are those?! I am not bitching, by the way, it only comes across as. :awesomeface: 

Apart from Izzy's songs (I know, no surprise here coming from me) the good songs were already written in or before Appetite days. I like UYI but it is nearly uncomparable to Appetite, which is a fucking masterpiece of a rock album. UYI is great but if that would have been a debut, it would not have gotten them as far, I think.

But that's point with UYI: it would never have been a debut, could never have been.  They weren't in a place in their lives where they could have written those songs.  Their lives changed.  I think it was Ronin who summed it up best:  AFD is frozen in time.  UYI is evolution, change, so for me, it's just a different dynamic.  I can't say one is superior to the other - they're both time capsules, really.  

But...as you ask: :P  Locomotive.  Absolutely flawed.  It's too long and Axl pisses me off every single time I listen to it, with his stupid outro vocals.  Would I change it? Never.  I think being pissed off with the outro is part of the listening experience. lol

Estranged.  I don't think I need to explain this one.

Dust n Bones - I could say lots on this and Izzy's lyrics - which are underrated/under appreciated - but don't want to derail thread any further. LOL Also, Perfect Crime is a tight fist of anger and it's brilliant, I don't care what anyone says, and Pretty Tied Up - the sitar! The piano!!! Duff's intro! The perils of Rock and Roll decadence.. Double Talkin Jive...ok I'm stopping now..:lol:

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Pishy said:

Lol

Cool ranch dressing ...never understood it but learned to let it wash over me because I like the song.

The 80s were magnificent but UYI albums I really love as well, there was no forum then to discuss all this so maybe I missed something big, were a lot of people upset with UYI?

I don't think they were upset at the release of the records... but surely they started getting upset after seeing how much the band changed after Izzy left and the circus arrived (T&R, Teddy, fuck even just Dizzy at the bongos LOL).

As for Axl's white shorts, as much as I despise them, back then the majority of girls used to love them haha :lol: 

• Like 1

Further thread derailing ahead! :headbang:

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

AFD is frozen in time.  UYI is evolution, change, so for me, it's just a different dynamic.

I can agree with that. Absolutely!

Estranged. Lol. No. :) Listening to it in Munich in THAT stadium was mindblowing though. Loved their performance.

To me, UYI was a disappointment at the time. I liked it and listened to it a lot. But I didn't love it. Not as an album. :shrugs:

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Is this one better than 1988?

Thoughts?

It is amazing but I don't think so.. So far though I haven'y gotten a chance to watch it all yet..

EDIT: It is getting tighter as it goes on

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

I don't think they were upset at the release of the records... but surely they started getting upset after seeing how much the band changed after Izzy left and the circus arrived (T&R, Teddy, fuck even just Dizzy at the bongos LOL).

As for Axl's white shorts, as much as I despise them, back then the majority of girls used to love them haha :lol: 

That's true , Izzy leaving was disasterous and quite a blow . 

The bongos😂

Yes , the picture is getting clearer . I really like the UYI albums but as far as the band, I remember seeing the Estranged video and the "where's Izzy" sign and not liking that .  I thought they would bring him back . Apparentlly I wasn't facing the music. . 

It did spin out of control quickly. The white shorts were fine, I liked them paired with the black fur coat (hopefully faux).

5 minutes ago, Pishy said:

That's true , Izzy leaving was disasterous and quite a blow . 

The bongos😂

Yes , the picture is getting clearer . I really like the UYI albums but as far as the band, I remember seeing the Estranged video and the "where's Izzy" sign and not liking that .  I thought they would bring him back . Apparentlly I wasn't facing the music. . 

It did spin out of control quickly. The white shorts were fine, I liked them paired with the black fur coat (hopefully faux).

He's playing congas, not bongos!

Edited by Sosso
  • Haha 1